Typical of public education...

Parents today don't want their kids held to high standards. Discipline a kid and the parent threatens. Schools got this way because nobody stood up to the parents. if a kid struggles in scjool its a sign of what is happening at home. Society is a mess. Kids up here do very well as evidenced by the ultra low numbers of kids that stick around or join the military etc. The vast cast majority go directly to college.

Do you use a sun dial, you freaking idiot?
Do you still use the crank on your automobile to start it?
Do you still use a hand pump to bring water to the house?
Need I go on, you idiot.

No surprise. Hell in England they are doing away with analog clocks in schools because students can tell time by them
Analog clocks are obsolete
Because you cannot read them?

Last edited:
Need I go on, you idiot.

No surprise. Hell in England they are doing away with analog clocks in schools because students can tell time by them
Na, Analog clocks and speedometers look better

The average reading score for an eighth-grade public school student on the 2017 NAEP test was 265. That was slightly above the average score of 264 that public school eight graders achieved in 2015, but slightly below the average score of 266 public school eighth graders achieved in 2013.

You are so dumb you cannot defend your idiotic statement about analog clocks.
You are teabagging republican.

Need I go on, you idiot.

Na, Analog clocks and speedometers look better

Because red states suck at education. If u eliminate red state scores the US school system rockets up the world wide rankings .

California's average SAT in 2017 was 1055, New York's 1052....compared to Iowa's 1275 and Kansas 1260. Illinois wasn't bad at 1115 but I doubt the average in Chicago was that high.
Don’t mind Timmy he falls down the well a lot

The SAT Is for kids going to college . Whats that got to do wh school scores .

Because red states suck at education. If u eliminate red state scores the US school system rockets up the world wide rankings .

California's average SAT in 2017 was 1055, New York's 1052....compared to Iowa's 1275 and Kansas 1260. Illinois wasn't bad at 1115 but I doubt the average in Chicago was that high.

Derp....next time research and you won't look foolish, little guy

Last edited:
You folk banter back and forth never calling into question the work ethic of the kids. NOT ONE of you knows how to make a kid who refuses to give an ouce of effort a genius. You are clueless how to take a habitually truant kid and make them a rocket scientist. Some public schools are filled with troubled kids and I advise all of you snowflakes who complain about education to quit your high paying jobs and accept a pittance teacher salary and fix these kids without being able to discipline them.

You folk banter back and forth never calling into question the work ethic of the kids. NOT ONE of you knows how to make a kid who refuses to give an ouce of effort a genius. You are clueless how to take a habitually truant kid and make them a rocket scientist. Some public schools are filled with troubled kids and I advise all of you snowflakes who complain about education to quit your high paying jobs and accept a pittance teacher salary and fix these kids without being able to discipline them.
Teachers get all the holidays off, all summer off, all benefits and only work a half a year… cry me a river

This generation is fine . Greatest generation can’t work a DVR, these kids are writing code . School is a lot more complicated and the standards are higher .

If anything , it’s conservatives crying about Common core being to difficult .

Derp....next time research and you won't look foolish, little guy

Please . As usual you righties move goalposts when it suits you . The OP talks about proficiency scores . Why bring up SAT? Let’s measure the proficiency scores by state !

HMMM. Been snooping around the site linked to the article.

Scores have been rising for years . They are a lot higher than they were in the early 90s .

NAEP Mathematics

Rustic if teaching is so great why aren't you one? Secondly you still haven't answered the question of how to create brilliant kids who are major dysfunctional and disruptive without being able to discipline them. I knew it. All rhetorical answers.typical snowflake.

Forum List

Back