Two Words: Nuclear Option

The Democrats sure were singing a different tune when they were in the minority and obstructing everything the GOP wanted to do.

Guess that is okay though, huh?
They always want to change the rules when it benefits them to do so.

They can't win playing fair.

LOL do you not realize where the OP is coming from?? The REPUBLICANS first suggested to nuclear option to prevent the dems from filibustering and to "change the rules" when it benefited them to do so.

Furthermore, this is one poster on a message board NOT the democrats as a whole.

Like I said before, it's hilarious how these righties rail against a tactic that was created and supported by their own party when that tactic no longer benefits their party. LOL

Two Words: DEMOCRAT FAIL. How could Reid & Pelosi manage to f*ck things up with a Super Majority? Yikes!

Reid & Pelosi screwed the pooch in a huge fashion... so did Obama. They mistook their win as meaning we're all Marxists all of the sudden. Not so much there buddy.

Super Majority = No Obstruction. The Democrats have been a monumental failure despite having a Super Majority. That ain't no easy feat. Continuing to blame Republicans just sounds ludicrous at this point. The Republicans have been locked out all meetings on all legislation for months so they just haven't been in a position to obstruct anything. They just don't have the numbers to obstruct anything. "Obstruction" allegations are just lame DNC talking points. Anyone with common sense knows that stuff is just plain Bull Chit. Just take Scott Brown's advice and go back to the drawing board on this debacle.

They never had a SuperMajority. Lieberman is a Republican.

You need to be worried about the independent vote, they represent 51% of the population and they came out in droves to support Brown in Massachusetts. They do a nuclear option and you will see not just anger but absolute rage from the American people.

Yes, because the Dem candidate was an idiot who called the Red Sox "Yankees Fans", and supposedly let a child rapist go free.

She was a fucking awful candidate.

And even without her being intensely bad, the Democratic party didn't even try to drum up support until a few days before the election. I'm on all the alert lists for elections, and I didn't even know who the candidate was until a week ago.

This wasn't about Coakley and her gaffs. This was about one of the bluest states in the union sending a message to DC. You can spin and dance all you want Vast, but Ma. didn't turn republican, they are still one of the bluest states in the union, they just had a message to send. I hope this is simple enough for you to understand.

So you are actually trying to claim that the candidate and her continued screw ups had NOTHING to do with it?? LOL

Furthermore, what was that message?? Were the ones that swung the vote against healthcare because it went too far or were they against the current plan because it didn't go far enough??
Brown only won by 4.8% and a little over 100,000 votes, so what message was sent?

You are advocating they bring it on their own heads you damn fool.

see if you can get the damn fool to tell you how he figures it was the "Republicans" who were obstructionists with a 60-40 split.. ya want some popcorn?

How about the fact that the the right voted as a block against anything and everything with next to no dissenting voices? All it would have taken to prevent that was one individiual mind out of all of the lemmings on the right but none existed.

Furthermore, how long was the 60-40 split held by democrats??

It doesn't matter. The democrats didn't need one republican to get anything they wanted passed.

They could do this for longer than a year.

There is no excuse for them.

Super Majority = No Obstruction. The Democrats have been a monumental failure despite having a Super Majority. That ain't no easy feat. Continuing to blame Republicans just sounds ludicrous at this point. The Republicans have been locked out all meetings on all legislation for months so they just haven't been in a position to obstruct anything. They just don't have the numbers to obstruct anything. "Obstruction" allegations are just lame DNC talking points. Anyone with common sense knows that stuff is just plain Bull Chit. Just take Scott Brown's advice and go back to the drawing board on this debacle.

They never had a SuperMajority. Lieberman is a Republican.

No. Liberman is an independent becuase he lost the democrat primary. He caucases with the democrats.

Ame®icano;1926060 said:
Senate Republicans don't even represent 40% of the nations population.

Due to the fact that most of them are from small population states, in total, Senate Republicans represent about 25% of the population.

The fact that representatives of 25% of the population can stop legislation from passing is disgusting.

It's time for the "Nuclear Option".

It's completely constitutional, and has been a long time in coming.

Hell, it should have happened in 1957, the first time it was proposed.

The end justifies the means. Right from Saul Alinsky's playbook. Or would you rather quote Machiavelli...

Damn, sooo many commies around these days...

Glenn beck called and he wants his opinion back. LOL

There will be no nuclear option. The dems would be absolutely insane if they tried this now. Talk about rage. Just not gonna happen.

Whose "rage"?

The Tea-Bagger's "rage"?

What the hell should Democrats care about Tea-bagger "rage"? They are never, EVER going to support them or anything they do anyway.

Just an angry public that is seeing no transparency, just closed door talks, hoodwinks, lies.

That's funny but the majority of this same "angry public" form the right side of the spectrum didn't seem to care about lack of transparency, closed doors, hoodwinks and lies when W was in charge. In fact there were several on the right defending W claiming he had a right to secrecy. My how the times have changed.

Whose "rage"?

The Tea-Bagger's "rage"?

What the hell should Democrats care about Tea-bagger "rage"? They are never, EVER going to support them or anything they do anyway.

Just an angry public that is seeing no transparency, just closed door talks, hoodwinks, lies.

That's funny but the majority of this same "angry public" form the right side of the spectrum didn't seem to care about lack of transparency, closed doors, hoodwinks and lies when W was in charge. In fact there were several on the right defending W claiming he had a right to secrecy. My how the times have changed.

By secrecy the right meant keeping critical intelligence away from Al Qaida terrorists.

We weren't referring to what was in Obama's health care plan and his back room crony deals.

Joe Lieberman is self-described Independent/Democrat. He caucuses with the Democrats. Super Majority = No Obstruction. Pelosi & Reid f*cked everything up. End of story.

Yes, because the Dem candidate was an idiot who called the Red Sox "Yankees Fans", and supposedly let a child rapist go free.

She was a fucking awful candidate.

And even without her being intensely bad, the Democratic party didn't even try to drum up support until a few days before the election. I'm on all the alert lists for elections, and I didn't even know who the candidate was until a week ago.

This wasn't about Coakley and her gaffs. This was about one of the bluest states in the union sending a message to DC. You can spin and dance all you want Vast, but Ma. didn't turn republican, they are still one of the bluest states in the union, they just had a message to send. I hope this is simple enough for you to understand.

So you are actually trying to claim that the candidate and her continued screw ups had NOTHING to do with it?? LOL

Furthermore, what was that message?? Were the ones that swung the vote against healthcare because it went too far or were they against the current plan because it didn't go far enough??
Brown only won by 4.8% and a little over 100,000 votes, so what message was sent?

I'm say yeah, the screw ups and gaffs didn't have that big of an influence as you must suspect.
Message was that the majority of Independents, and 22% of democrats really didn't like the back door dealings, healthcare reform and the direction that obama was taking this country.
Brown should have lost by 20% in the state of Ma. That is a huge message being sent from that state. And your take on the victory for Brown is.....? :lol:

Vast has really had a meltdown from this election.
By the way, Dr. Lunz was doing the interviews....a middle of the road person.
I just don't want to interrupt your meltdown, I find it very interesting. :lol:

Frank luntz is NOT a middle of the road person. He is a righty and has been working for foxnews and republicans for years. They obviously handpicked people to give the opinions that they wanted represented and that was obvious based on how they all seemed to parrot right wing talking points almost word for word.

Funny how you fail to mention the interviews were done on foxnews which basically campaigned for brown. LOL So much for that whole honesty thing.

Has anyone ever answered why when the Republicans hinted they may use the Nuclear option the left went BAT SHIT CRAZY and likened it to a criminal decision? Yet now some are talking of doing just that?

I asked a similar question concerning how republicans used to supoport the idea of the nuclear option but are now against it because it doesn't benefit them and I still haven't gotten any answers. LOL

I have already stated that my opinion on the nuclear option is still the same now as it was back then. How many of you righties can HONESTLY say the same??

Vast has really had a meltdown from this election.
By the way, Dr. Lunz was doing the interviews....a middle of the road person.
I just don't want to interrupt your meltdown, I find it very interesting. :lol:

Frank luntz is NOT a middle of the road person. He is a righty and has been working for foxnews and republicans for years. They obviously handpicked people to give the opinions that they wanted represented and that was obvious based on how they all seemed to parrot right wing talking points almost word for word.

Funny how you fail to mention the interviews were done on foxnews which basically campaigned for brown. LOL So much for that whole honesty thing.

Obviously he hand picked democrats that voted for obama, and of those he hand picked those that voted for both Coakley, and Brown.....obviously. :cuckoo: :lol:

Due to the fact that most of them are from small population states, in total, Senate Republicans represent about 25% of the population.

The fact that representatives of 25% of the population can stop legislation from passing is disgusting.

It would be much more environmentally responsible to nuke the heavily democratic population centers .

WOW, so no one on the right is willing to condemn this poster for wishing death upon fellow Americans. How sad is that? Oh, well it's just more of the "end justifies the means" attitude from the right.

It would be much more environmentally responsible to nuke the heavily democratic population centers .

WOW, so no one on the right is willing to condemn this poster for wishing death upon fellow Americans. How sad is that? Oh, well it's just more of the "end justifies the means" attitude from the right.

Unlike you, and your butt buddy edthecynic, people on this board can do enough thought process to figure out when one is joking. You on the other hand........:lol:

Have you noticed you are the only one in favor of this nuclear option? Not even the other liberals have stepped up to back you in this thread, Vast? Do you realize that it's not really being considered with the politicians? Are you really this stupid, or are you just pulling everyone's chain? Or what I suspect, your just another left wing nut goofball

I just brought up the idea. It has not even been discussed yet.

And if others on the left are not behind it yet, so what? I'm not allowed to have my own thoughts? I need to go by the Democratic talking points?

Sorry, that's not my way. I can think for myself. I've got a set of balls, unlike many Democratic Senators.

They will never understand the idea of independent thought because they have NONE. LOL

Geeze there little boy... simmer down.

And BTW genius.. you can't be "voted into the minority". Not sure what you are trying to say there, but then again, you probably don't either.

Are you really this retarded?? The mere fact of voting one group into the majority votes the other group into the minoirty. One is the direct result of the other. So please in the future keep your moronic comments and lame personal attacks to yourself or ask a friend for help if you don't understand how something works. LOL

elections have consequences!

LOL It's funny how republicans refused to acknowledge that, and still do, when they lost the election in 08. LOL

Instead they threw fits like spoiled children and started whining about how they weren't being represented all because they were VOTED INTO THE MINORITY.

Since the vast majority of americans oppose Obamas plan it seems that Obama and his democrat minions are the minority.

Really?? Did you feel that way when to polling data showed different?? My guess is that you did not. So thanks for the spin. LOL

Forum List

Back