Two Weeks Before Election Democrat Blame Game Begins

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Democratic strategist Anita Dunn, Obama's former communications director, suggested that worried candidates were seeking a scapegoat. “This is very much what happens at this time in an election cycle when people begin to look for excuses of why what they thought was going to work isn't working, why some of these races aren't going to get across the finish line,” she said.

But Democrats have a long list of grievances. The most recent item on the list is an interview Obama did this week with Rev. Al Sharpton, in which the president said that even the vulnerable Democrats who are trying to keep their distance are all “folks who vote with me. They have supported my agenda in Congress.” Though the comment may motivate black voters – a key part of the Democratic base – it infuriates campaign strategists, who say Obama basically fed a major Republican attack line.

“You can't do those things in a vacuum anymore,” said Democratic strategist Jamal Simmons, even if “it will help turn out your core voters.”

Democrats also privately gripe that the administration's response to Ebola was too slow, playing directly into a Republican narrative of Democratic mismanagement. In August, the president's decision to issue a statement about the beheading of journalist James Foley by Islamic militants and then head directly to a golf game was viewed as tone deaf, at best, an assessment shared by the president himself.

But Democrats' biggest outrage stems from a speech Obama gave earlier this month, when a remark that his “policies are on the ballot” turned an economic speech into a potent attack ad. The remark was pre-scripted, further enraging campaign strategists when they learned it was not a spontaneous gaffe. Even friends couldn't defend the comment. “I wouldn't put that line there,” acknowledged the president's campaign guru, David Axelrod, on NBC's “Meet The Press,” calling it a “mistake.”

Within 24 hours, the line was being used in Republican campaign spots and has shown up in seven states so far.

Even less substantive gaffes are taken by strategists as a sign of sloppiness – or worse, that the Obamas simply don't care anymore. Campaigning in Iowa, first lady Michelle Obama repeatedly referred to Democratic Senate candidate Bruce Braley as Bruce Bailey, until she was corrected by an audience member. Her office compounded the problem by blasting out a transcript that referred to Braley as a gubernatorial candidate. It took an hour and a half before the document was corrected.

While Democrats' pre-midterm frustration is being fueled largely by his recent missteps and bad poll numbers, their disenchantment with the president was seeded back in 2011, when Obama kept waiting to strike a bigger debt limit deal with House Speaker John Boehner, one that never happened. Stumbling responses to the Syrian civil war, the emergence of the Islamic State, and a scandal that toppled the head of the Secret Service all contributed to a Republican mantra that the Democrats can't govern.

The Democrats Coming Blame Game - Bloomberg Politics

Liberals and communists have a lot in common.

1) There's barely a dime's difference between their policies except that darn Constitution keeps them from opening up that gulag they've had their heart on for Christians, Conservatives, Tea Party etc.

2) Like Communists they can't accept it just MIGHT be their policies for why they have failed. They can't accept they could be wrong about their beliefs and lack of beliefs.

They NEVER accept it's their policies that failed. Nooooooooo. When they fail, it HAS to be someone else's fault.

Which is why in communist countries the bodies start piling up. Because their policies ALWAYS fail and there is plenty of finger pointing to go around.

Now in the US, they can't pile up the bodies unless it's the Unborn, Obamacare's death panels, and of course, that stroll down memory lane, WACO!

But, when Democrats lose, they can't ACCEPT it could be people are rejecting their failed policies, their incompetence, and the fact that people are tired of working two part time jobs instead of one full-time job.

Democrats make promises things will get better. They NEVER deliver, and when people get tired of the promise and vote against them, watch the conspiracy theories fly as to why they lost.

It's never because they failed. It's always vote stealing, vote suppression, you name it.

If there is a slaughter of Democrats on election day, and I'm not predicting that will happen, it's going to be fun to watch.

Note, I'M NOT PREDICTING THE REPUBLICANS WILL WIN BIG ON ELECTION DAY. No one knows what will happen. But liberals think they are going to lose big election day. The whining threads of late and the whining Democrats of late tell the tale.

Let's sit back and watch the fun!

:D

They are a little late doing it, the GOP has been doing it since 2009...

Yes, but IF YOU WILL NOTICE REPUBLICANS BLAME THEMSELVES when they lose.

You don't see them blaming everybody else when they lose.

They don't claim conspiracies (I'm talking about the leadership now, not those on this forum).

They didn't have a big enough tent, they need an outreach blah blah blah.

Republicans don't blame everybody else, they blame themselves and the message.

DEMOCRATS on the other hand blame everybody else. The black vote was "suppressed," there was some Republican conspiracy. Blah blah blah.

That's the big difference and always will be.

Off year election, GOP expected to make gains, just as the Dems will make gains in 2016. No blame, just the way it is.

Well that's what Democrats said in 2002 and 2004. Didn't turn out that way.

I think people are fed up with Democrats screwing everything up.

Well, nothing that I see here matches the 'counting of chickens before the hatch' that we saw by the 'Conservatives' in 2012. And nothing here will match the mewling, puking and whining done by the 'Conservatives' after 6Nov12.

Well, nothing that I see here matches the 'counting of chickens before the hatch' that we saw by the 'Conservatives' in 2012. And nothing here will match the mewling, puking and whining done by the 'Conservatives' after 6Nov12.

You didn't READ what I posted.

I said I'M NOT PREDICTING WHAT WILL HAPPEN ON ELECTION DAY.

There has been more than one election where everyone thought one thing would happen when a completely opposite thing happened.

I'm saying Democrats think they are going to lose big and it shows in the posts of late on this forum and in grumbling from Democrat leadership.

They are already starting the blame game and as usual, they blame anyone else but themselves.

Off year election, GOP expected to make gains, just as the Dems will make gains in 2016. No blame, just the way it is.

Hmmmmmmmmm..................... Market at 16,700 versus the 6550 that the Dems inherited in 2009. Employment going up, unemployment below 6%, versus the 500,000 jobs a month we were losing when President Obama took the baton on 20Jan2009.

Bin Laden dead, not ignored for seven years as the previous admin did.

Seems to me that when you talk of screwups, you really need to mention the GOP.

yeah, you go with that.....the GOP plays the same blame game as the dems...
You say it, but you ant back it up.

The GOP leadership does not blame anyone but themselves; or the way they campaigned; or the way they got the message out. You have a few pundits out there blaming others.....but never the politicians themselves or those that represent them.

The GOP leadership does not blame anyone but themselves; or the way they campaigned; or the way they got the message out. You have a few pundits out there blaming others.....but never the politicians themselves or those that represent them.
So the 47% statement was de facto realistic evaluation of a prepared position to win?

Yup. And a little pink pig just flew past my window.

So your leaders are of spotless character and never, but never, show human failings. How nice to know.

Hmmmmmmmmm..................... Market at 16,700 versus the 6550 that the Dems inherited in 2009. Employment going up, unemployment below 6%, versus the 500,000 jobs a month we were losing when President Obama took the baton on 20Jan2009.

The dems inherited it in 2009?

Huh?

I thought the speaker of the house was Nancy Pelosi way back in 2006.
And wasn't Harry Reid the senate majority leader at the same time?

Or were they in charge of a "do nothing congress" at the time and Bush did it all.

So the 47% statement was de facto realistic evaluation of a prepared position to win?
He was explaining to his donors the reality of the situation.

He was not blaming anyone for his shortcomings. He was well aware that 47% of the people did not grasp his message.

I read last night that MSM coverage of the upcoming election is 80% less than in previous senate election years.They've written it off for the democrat catastrophe it's going to be. No news is good news for the party of denial. A NY Times article yesterday gave the the republicans a 75% advantage. British bookies are giving the republicans more than an 80% edge. This could be a massacre like congressional elections four years ago.

Yup. And a little pink pig just flew past my window.

So your leaders are of spotless character and never, but never, show human failings. How nice to know.
Uh....hello?

That's my point.

They show human failings....they don't blame conspiracies.

Oh PLEASE!

Not the "it's all Bush's fault" crap again!

Bush HAS BEEN GONE FOR SIX YEARS!

Democrats have had SIX YEARS to do something about it.

It's just become worse instead of better.

You can't use that old saw anymore. No one is going to take that seriously, besides liberal zealots who can't be reasoned with in the first place.

:lol:

Was he blaming them? Or just pointing out a reality?

I don't see him claiming they eeeeeeeeeeeeevil, like liberals do of Republicans. Just that they could not be reached by Romney's campaigning.

Keep trying.

Forum List

Back