Two State Top Courts Rule Against "Right of Gays to Marry"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Since NY is one, this isn't looking good for gays:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/G/GAY_MARRIAGE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

2. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    my argument to these people who think gays don't have the 'right' to marry...Gays have every same right to marry as straights do. Straight people can marry ANYONE of their choice, so long as that person is not related by blood, nor of the same sex. Gays can marry ANYONE of their choice, so long as that person is not related by blood, nor of the same sex. Straight people do not have any more rights than gays. Nor any 'special rights'.

What gay people want to do is give themselves special rights based on their sexual preference, but saying they want to be equal. Newsflash...they ARE equal. Just not in who they are attracted to or love. If they don't like it, I have heard of gays going straight and staying that way, and being happy about it.

What gays want to do, is all based on emotion, not logic or common sense.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I'm not in favor of gay marriage. Personally, I've no problem with them doing the legal nicities of getting each other set up on 401k's, med. benefits, power of medical care, etc. I do have problems with 'baby adoptions', but not 'hard to place children adoptions,' which btw is my take on single parent adoptions, and perhaps adoptions where the couple has other children, through adoption or other means.

On the other hand, I do also believe that the most significant numbers of gays have a genetic component to it. I've known too many people, myself included that 'knew' someone-nearly always a guy-were gay from the age of 3 or 4. No, we didn't call it 'gay', but we knew the boy was 'girl-like' beyond not being a great baseball player. They liked talking about 'feelings' 'gossip', stuff that 'boys' just don't do, at least at the same age. They never acted like girls were 'gross' and other 'regular' behavior. They preferred hanging with the girls and avoided the boys. (Kinda like little boys, in reverse.)

I don't thing those can be 'fixed'. Hidden? Sure. Maybe just not coming out, is a better way to say it.

Now, just because one may be 'predetermined' sexually, does not mean one must act on it. It certainly doesn't mean you have to tell everyone you meet that you 'feel' a certain sexual attraction. I think discretion is in order, regardless of your orientation or behavior.