Two similar Police shooting cases, but very different Press coverage

She was still in uniform I think.
`
Can you quote that from any news article?
`
Yeah here you go. I think I saw a video of the incident afterwards and she was in uniform then. I'll try and find it.

Amber Guyger identified as Dallas officer who fatally shot man in his apartment

"Late Thursday evening, an off-duty Dallas officer who was still in uniform shot and killed 26-year-old Botham Jean in his apartment, saying she apparently mistook his unit as her own, CBS Dallas / Fort Worth reports."

I initially thought that she was involved with him personally but she doenst really have that "I want a Black man" look about her. She looks more like a white trash racist more than anything.

DmmGNMlU8AA1lvP.jpg
It's interesting that you draw conclusions about a person upon their looks. Thought that is exactly what you are claiming white bigoted people do.
Everyone draws conclusions based on how people look. Thats why people dress up for interviews and why people are attracted to physically attractive people. There are usually visual clues (most of them unconscious) that women exhibit when they love Black men or if they are racist.
You are just trying to wiggle out the example of bigotry you just demonstrated. It won't fly.

I initially thought that she was involved with him personally but she doenst really have that "I want a Black man" look about her. She looks more like a white trash racist more than anything.

DmmGNMlU8AA1lvP.jpg
It's interesting that you draw conclusions about a person upon their looks. Thought that is exactly what you are claiming white bigoted people do.
Everyone draws conclusions based on how people look. Thats why people dress up for interviews and why people are attracted to physically attractive people. There are usually visual clues (most of them unconscious) that women exhibit when they love Black men or if they are racist.
You are just trying to wiggle out the example of bigotry you just demonstrated. It won't fly.
I have no reason to wiggle out of anything. No one is going to punish me for what I said. Its called body language. Can you tell if someone is attracted to you without knowing anything about them? Does that make you a bigot?

The reason it’s getting lots of coverage is that normally the police shoot unarmed black men in public . Now they are actually going into unarmed black guys homes and murdering them.

Yeah here you go. I think I saw a video of the incident afterwards and she was in uniform then. I'll try and find it.Amber Guyger identified as Dallas officer who fatally shot man in his apartment"Late Thursday evening, an off-duty Dallas officer who was still in uniform shot and killed 26-year-old Botham Jean in his apartment, saying she apparently mistook his unit as her own, CBS Dallas / Fort Worth reports."
`
I'm not saying you were wrong but rhetorically pointing out that there is a discrepancy in reporting this. The allegation of her being in uniform is not being universally reported.
`

Yeah here you go. I think I saw a video of the incident afterwards and she was in uniform then. I'll try and find it.Amber Guyger identified as Dallas officer who fatally shot man in his apartment"Late Thursday evening, an off-duty Dallas officer who was still in uniform shot and killed 26-year-old Botham Jean in his apartment, saying she apparently mistook his unit as her own, CBS Dallas / Fort Worth reports."
`
I'm not saying you were wrong but rhetorically pointing out that there is a discrepancy in reporting this. The allegation of her being in uniform is not being universally reported.
`
I know you werent attacking me. Did you see the video?

I know you werent attacking me. Did you see the video?
`
Which video? There were a few on that page. Anyways, check this out from the Washington Post; There’s enough evidence to charge Dallas officer accused of killing man after entering wrong home, lawyer says.

No mention as to whether she was in uniform or not.
`
Its the only video on the page I linked. Its under all the pictures of the scene where she is in uniform.

Police name white cop who shot dead her black neighbor | Daily Mail Online

There is no real racism in this country, just a bunch of politically correct pussies with their feelings hurt

Amber Guyger, Ex-Dallas Police Officer, Is Guilty of Murder for Killing Her Neighbor

- Amber Guyger, Ex-Dallas Police Officer, Is Guilty of Murder for Killing Her Neighbor -

The case was unusual from the very beginning: An off-duty police officer in Dallas said she came home from work one night last year, and, believing she had found an intruder inside her apartment, shot the man inside.

But it quickly became clear that the officer, Amber R. Guyger, who is white, was in the wrong apartment. And the man she shot was not an intruder, but her neighbor, Botham Shem Jean, a 26-year-old black accountant who was watching television and eating ice cream in the apartment he rented directly above Ms. Guyger’s.

On Tuesday, Mr. Jean’s family braced themselves for the possibility that his death would be treated like many others across the country, in which police officers have been cleared of wrongdoing in the killings of unarmed black men. But that moment never came: A Dallas County jury found Ms. Guyger, 31, guilty of murder, choosing the more serious conviction over a lesser option of manslaughter. …..:102:

I wasn't so sure they applied the right charge. I see it as a manslaughter. I don't think she intended to kill this particular man.
There are lesser degrees of murder that don’t involve premeditation

I’m sure the nuances between murder and manslaughter were explained to the jury

I wasn't so sure they applied the right charge. I see it as a manslaughter. I don't think she intended to kill this particular man.

If she did not intend to kill, then why open a door without a key when she would have expected it to be locked if it were hers?
If she did not intend to kill, they why shoot at all, when she could have just backed away instead?
If she did not intend to kill, then why the second extra shot, just to be sure he was dead?
If she did not intend to kill, then why no call for an ambulance, CPR, first aid, etc.?

And while there are 3 degrees of murder, they are accelerated when in the commission of a crime, like trespassing, while armed.
People who deliberately initiate problems, and are armed, have to be held to higher standards.

The recent Dallas police shooting story is getting worldwide Press coverage and it is being portrayed as a racial incident. The Fort Worth police shooting was in 2013, but it never received much national Press coverage. The reason why is because the Dallas victim was black and the Fort Worth victim was white. The American Press fuels racial tensions on purpose to help the Democratic Party get out the vote. This is also one of the root reasons why we have the NFL Kneelers.

A white policewoman who gunned down a black accountant in Texas has been identified as new video emerges of the frantic moments after the officer mistakenly entered his home thinking it was hers and opened fire.

FW Homeowner Shot 7 Times by Police: Autopsy

Fort Worth Homeowner Shot Seven Times by Police.

There are stark differences between these two shootings. In the earlier case, the police officers were on duty, and responding to another citizen's 911 call that an intruder was on the premises. The victim in this case, was armed, so you have two officers responding to an intruder call and finding a man with a gun.

In the second case, we have an off-duty officer, walking into an apartment which was not her own, which had a mat at the door when hers didn't, and then shooting the unarmed occupant of that apartment.

Notice how I can point out that these two cases are really not similar at all, other than an innocent homeowner ended up dead, without once mentioning race. Which begs the question, if the victim had been a large white male, would you say she should go to jail?

And while there are 3 degrees of murder, they are accelerated when in the commission of a crime, like trespassing, while armed.
People who deliberately initiate problems, and are armed, have to be held to higher standards.
She was trained to handle situations like this

Shooting your weapon is not the first option

The recent Dallas police shooting story is getting worldwide Press coverage and it is being portrayed as a racial incident. The Fort Worth police shooting was in 2013, but it never received much national Press coverage. The reason why is because the Dallas victim was black and the Fort Worth victim was white. The American Press fuels racial tensions on purpose to help the Democratic Party get out the vote. This is also one of the root reasons why we have the NFL Kneelers.

A white policewoman who gunned down a black accountant in Texas has been identified as new video emerges of the frantic moments after the officer mistakenly entered his home thinking it was hers and opened fire.

FW Homeowner Shot 7 Times by Police: Autopsy

Fort Worth Homeowner Shot Seven Times by Police.

There are stark differences between these two shootings. In the earlier case, the police officers were on duty, and responding to another citizen's 911 call that an intruder was on the premises. The victim in this case, was armed, so you have two officers responding to an intruder call and finding a man with a gun.

In the second case, we have an off-duty officer, walking into an apartment which was not her own, which had a mat at the door when hers didn't, and then shooting the unarmed occupant of that apartment.

Notice how I can point out that these two cases are really not similar at all, other than an innocent homeowner ended up dead, without once mentioning race. Which begs the question, if the victim had been a large white male, would you say she should go to jail?

If the guy was WHITE, she wouldn't have shot him! Please; don't act like race isn't an issue here! :1041:

Forum List

Back