Two Notable People on History.

fullpower

Aug 13, 2019
Napoleon once said about history, "History is a set of lies agreed upon." Tolstoy once said, "History would be a wonderful thing, if it were only true."

Do you mean George Washington never did chop down that cherry tree?

• Banned

That was a pretty weak "history." A more interesting one was that the works of Shakespeare were almost certainly written by somebody named DeVere. The earl of Oxford.

The story is a bit different from the one that came down to us in history.

dims

Napoleon once said about history, "History is a set of lies agreed upon." Tolstoy once said, "History would be a wonderful thing, if it were only true."
So Nazi Boy...what is your agenda?

Just say what you mean. No sense in beating around the bush. Everyone knows what you're getting at so just spit it out already for god's sake.

Gee, since those two said that, they just have to be endorsing as 'the truth' any old idiotic rubbish you feel like spewing then, right?

"Historians" don't have to lie. All they have to do is to embellish certain facts and withhold others. Something like today's editorials, it's all about opinion. Another factor is when the government forces "historians" to lie to preserve national security or for some propaganda issue long forgotten and the lie eventually becomes the truth

So Nazi Boy...what is your agenda?

To enjoy it when treasonous scum are impaled on the white house lawn. Those who are also the most vie sorts of criminals. Those who are guilty of human sacrifice. Those who are guilty of sucking baby dick. Those who are guilty of the greatest genocide in human history. All of which I can PROVE far beyond the slightest shadow of a doubt. Do you understand? Fucking PROVE it! Would you like to guess who that would include?

Just say what you mean. No sense in beating around the bush. Everyone knows what you're getting at so just spit it out already for god's sake.

The same old story I see. You want something for nothing. Well rather than just get banned as you are seeking, I will tell you what I told others. (Which I know is a useless cause) Send me a PM. I will give you my email address. I'm sure you know how to send an email. Do so and I will tell you. Don't worry. I don't give the slightest dam who you are. (If you use a real email address instead of an anonymous one) I will reply to you only once. Then delete your email. Neither will I give it to anybody else.

Gee, since those two said that, they just have to be endorsing as 'the truth' any old idiotic rubbish you feel like spewing then, right?

They said that history was a bunch of bullshit. They weren't endorsing doing so. It seemed that they were more complaining about it. As for "rubbish," I can prove what I say.

"Historians" don't have to lie. All they have to do is to embellish certain facts and withhold others. Something like today's editorials, it's all about opinion. Another factor is when the government forces "historians" to lie to preserve national security or for some propaganda issue long forgotten and the lie eventually becomes the truth

What you said about how it is done may be true to some degree. But I am talking about flat out lies. Things that are just the opposite of the truth. There is something that I have heard that Hitler said. Though he almost certainly didn't invent it. He said, "If you tell a lie often enough, people will believe it." And far before Hitler's time and unless things change, far into the future most people have been fed a constant stream of lies. You won't get that from me.

The same old story I see. You want something for nothing. Well rather than just get banned as you are seeking, I will tell you what I told others. (Which I know is a useless cause) Send me a PM. I will give you my email address. I'm sure you know how to send an email. Do so and I will tell you. Don't worry. I don't give the slightest dam who you are. (If you use a real email address instead of an anonymous one) I will reply to you only once. Then delete your email. Neither will I give it to anybody else.

I'm not trying to get you banned. I don't even think holocaust denial is a bannable offense here. It's a topic that comes up from time to time so there's no need to play coy. Worthy of discussion IMO if you're prepared to get a ton of flack.

They said that history was a bunch of bullshit. They weren't endorsing doing so. It seemed that they were more complaining about it. As for "rubbish," I can prove what I say.

But Napoleon and Tolstoy said you're full of shit.

I'm not trying to get you banned. I don't even think holocaust denial is a bannable offense here. It's a topic that comes up from time to time so there's no need to play coy. Worthy of discussion IMO if you're prepared to get a ton of flack.

It's a mystery to me why alleged 'white nationalists' insist on tying themselves down with such idiotic rubbish as that crap if they truly were concerned with fighting against racism and the very real discrimination and hate against whites.

History is written by historians these days; the research is better and the writers for the most part are more professional and objective. This is not to say the PR popularizers and puff piece hacks aren't still popular, but objective histories and a lot more of the older stuff contemporary with the times is available to non-scholars as well, particularly from the 1800's and early 1900's at various sources, like the HEARTH project at Cornell, archive.org., and less active now but still available for free, Google Books, re out of copyright books, data, newspapers, etc. One of the few things historians of the French 'Annalist' school did since the 1920's is greatly improve the studying and writing of history and economics. Of course many just prefer comic books and drivel written by commies and right wing hacks like Ann Coulter, i.e. carny style entertainment rather than history and economic studies.

One more thing about history. With sites like Wikipedia, there are many more citations that add to the lore of history in general. My only qualm is to ensure the entries have proper citations and links.

Forum List

Back