Twenty threads a day?

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by Lucy Hamilton, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marion Morrison

Marion Morrison Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,310
    Gee, I wonder who he ever could be referencing? :badgrin:

2. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,247
    Obviously that changed after your time as a mod Care4all. Catz is clearly pillars and several other socks are well known too. Socks are tolerated as long as admin finds them an asset. I am not being critical of that decision, just pointing it out.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,560
    if the ip address has changed if pillars is catz, as example, if she went from a dsl service provider to a cable/broadband service provider or moved to another place, then the ip address would change and there is no way to PROVE they are the same users, even if your gut, among other things, screams that they are the same poster....

Also, when I was there, we occasionally gave permanently banned posters a ''second chance'', all mods voted on it, majority wins....

and sometimes the ''system'' automatically reversed the ban if they were paid members, and their yearly renewal was up and they paid for a renewal.... not certain if they got that fixed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,247
    Thanks for your past mod service here. Now post something political, so we can disagree. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  5. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,560
    :rofl::rofl:

:thup:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. deannalw

deannalw Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,192
    I clicked something wrong on this POS laptop to end up over here to begin with. I yam embarrassed.
    I've been on approximately 100 million gazillion boards and find this one a lil better than a LOT of em out there. I have been banned so many times my ass is sore and I have a severe inferiority complex.
    I like it here better than ALL the crappy boards that gave me the boot in the ass, that's for sure. :)
    I don't see the problem... I scan the board and choose which posts to click on and engage in. I ignore the others. Eventually they all go away and the board is washed as with a springtime rain.
    Or something.
    I'm with the guy that said choose your battles wisely. It just ain't worth any aggravation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chuz Life

Chuz Life Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,773
    If others Can start a dozen threads a day on Trump. . . How about I start a dozen threads a day on abortion?

I dont see why I should have restrain myself if others don't.

Show me an intellectually honest liberal and I will show you a Conservative in the making.

8. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,194

Somebody starts at least 20 threads a day in current events and almost ALL of them are threads that belong in the conspiracy forum.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Ropey

Ropey String tension is not infinite. Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,001
    One less liberal mod and two conservative leaning mods have entered the fray. This looks better to me, politically speaking, and that's pretty much what I care about.

Still, it will take work to get the game back from the cats and their water carriers.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,515
    Odd conclusion, a ban is a punishment for violating a rule, usually warning after warning; this board welcomes everyone from all perspectives, who follow the rules. The conclusion that all liberals are safe, and all conservatives are not, is bunk. Better to ask these questions:
    1. Is the statement "The mods here (not all of them, thanks God!) tend to ban the conservatives for posting the truth and almost never ban liberals." true;
    2. If true, one must infer conservatives violate rules more often than do liberals.
    3. If not true, why is the author of post #2 trying to mislead the reader.
    In my experience, and I've read so many posts I ought to be ashamed (for I could have spent that time reading good literature, learning a second language, walking from here to there) to learn that dishonesty does not a banned person make. Nor does vile rhetoric attacking others who hold opinions which challenge the reader, or anti social comments about a persons age, sex, sexual orientation, color, ethnicity or politics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.