Twenty threads a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mods here (not all of them, thanks God!) tend to ban the conservatives for posting the truth and almost never ban liberals.

Look at Vigilante 's example: he has been banned several times before the election and is still banned while a lot of posters you've mentioned have had quite a few of racist comments and get away with that..
Mods don't ban people posting truth.

The mods here (not all of them, thanks God!) tend to ban the conservatives for posting the truth and almost never ban liberals.

Look at Vigilante 's example: he has been banned several times before the election and is still banned while a lot of posters you've mentioned have had quite a few of racist comments and get away with that..
Mods don't ban people posting truth.
Sure buddy...

I have chosen not to mention any names, because it's Announcements and Feedback and I rarely post a thread in this section of the forum.

However this stuff is just getting too much and I know others agree because there have been private discussions about this group of ten posting at least twenty threads a day every day and they've been doing this now for several weeks.

These threads only are posted in the Politics Section or Current Events, but at least five of these ten people post all of their multiple threads a day only in the Politics Section and the nature of many of these threads violates the rules of the Politics Section.

Each OP is designed to be some form of Red Rag to the bull situation, each thread follows the same modus operandi, post the OP, professional Trolls pile in to fan the thing, then others get into the thread to defend their side of the argument, then the name calling starts from the Trolls, then the others defend themselves and then the thread gets derailed and then the Trolls report on anyone who was defending either themselves or the target of the attack, repeat and rinse twenty times a day.

They are ruining this forum and it's about time something was done to reduce their obvious deliberate disruptiveness, it would help if this crowd was limited to posting just two threads each a day.
Now that's a lucid point! Kudos.

Hello,

I know there are many people here who are tired of about ten people each posting twenty threads a day each in Politics and Current Events and it's always the same people, one has just posted his FOURTEENTH THREAD today in about six hours, that one is almost certainly a sock, joined six years ago, has less than 400 posts and 250 of those posts have been in the past day and a half.

I think it would be a very good idea that these ten people are limited to posting two threads a day because posting so many multiple threads and twenty threads a day every day is a combination of Spamming and Clogging both Politics and Current Events.

I add that the vast majority of these twenty threads a day each are pretty much designed to get people arguing with each other.
Prolific posters keep their board stats up so I doubt that limits will be applied. You may wanna just ignore.

It gets difficult for people to ignore when tons of threads by a handful of the same people are posted every day clogging up two entire sections of the forum, it's easy to ignore individual members and their posts, it's not as easy to ignore entire threads when there are so many.

If there were just some way for you to keep from clicking on all those threads you don't want to click. I'm sure we can all put our thinking caps on and come up with some solution for you.

Maybe "thread marshals" are the way to go?

I don't know if this is even possible, what if the mods designated a poster (non-mod with mod-cred) that frequently posts in a particular forum, or on a particular topic, to act as a local thread marshal in a somewhat half-mod capacity, with limited mod powers:
  • warn
  • thread ban
  • forum ban (with full mod permission)
People that surf through particular topics usually run into the same posters again and again. After awhile, you can see the leopards showing their spots before they've had a chance to do any damage.

Hello,

I know there are many people here who are tired of about ten people each posting twenty threads a day each in Politics and Current Events and it's always the same people, one has just posted his FOURTEENTH THREAD today in about six hours, that one is almost certainly a sock, joined six years ago, has less than 400 posts and 250 of those posts have been in the past day and a half.

I think it would be a very good idea that these ten people are limited to posting two threads a day because posting so many multiple threads and twenty threads a day every day is a combination of Spamming and Clogging both Politics and Current Events.

I add that the vast majority of these twenty threads a day each are pretty much designed to get people arguing with each other.

Sounds like they've been spinning a Yarn! .... caught one of em!

upload_2017-2-25_20-39-41.png

I don't know if this is even possible, what if the mods designated a poster (non-mod with mod-cred) that frequently posts in a particular forum, or on a particular topic, to act as a local thread marshal in a somewhat half-mod capacity, with limited mod powers:
  • warn
  • thread ban
People that surf through particular topics usually run into the same posters again and again. After awhile, you can see the leopards showing their spots before they've had a chance to do any damage.
You mean a snitch, a rat, a pigeon, a stooly, a singing canary...All because one broad has a problem with how a message board operates and thinks she can create a beer hall putsch and take over, you do know she is Austrian...??

• warn
  • thread ban
You mean a snitch, a rat, a pigeon, a stooly, a singing canary...All because one broad has a problem with how a message board operates and thinks she can create a beer hall putsch and take over, you do know she is Austrian...??

Gee, I wonder who he ever could be referencing? :badgrin:

I've never seen this board tolerate socks...when a sock account is found, it was zapped, permanently banned, there was no exception and the original poster who created the sock was banned for a certain period of time...or permanently if a repeat offender. No one told us mods to allow socks so the site could have more posts or posters, EVER!

Sure, some socks get by for a while, when using a Proxy ip address, but there were other ways to catch them....with a little patience and sleuthing... I loved that part of moderating....we had very few rules at the time and no zones and rules for zones so catching the socks was like a full time job.... now, with the zones and rules, mods may not have as much time to find the socks, but I would bet 10 to 1 no mod was told to leave them on the board and not ban them.

Obviously that changed after your time as a mod Care4all. Catz is clearly pillars and several other socks are well known too. Socks are tolerated as long as admin finds them an asset. I am not being critical of that decision, just pointing it out.

I've never seen this board tolerate socks...when a sock account is found, it was zapped, permanently banned, there was no exception and the original poster who created the sock was banned for a certain period of time...or permanently if a repeat offender. No one told us mods to allow socks so the site could have more posts or posters, EVER!

Sure, some socks get by for a while, when using a Proxy ip address, but there were other ways to catch them....with a little patience and sleuthing... I loved that part of moderating....we had very few rules at the time and no zones and rules for zones so catching the socks was like a full time job.... now, with the zones and rules, mods may not have as much time to find the socks, but I would bet 10 to 1 no mod was told to leave them on the board and not ban them.

Obviously that changed after your time as a mod Care4all. Catz is clearly pillars and several other socks are well known too. Socks are tolerated as long as admin finds them an asset. I am not being critical of that decision, just pointing it out.
if the ip address has changed if pillars is catz, as example, if she went from a dsl service provider to a cable/broadband service provider or moved to another place, then the ip address would change and there is no way to PROVE they are the same users, even if your gut, among other things, screams that they are the same poster....

Also, when I was there, we occasionally gave permanently banned posters a ''second chance'', all mods voted on it, majority wins....

and sometimes the ''system'' automatically reversed the ban if they were paid members, and their yearly renewal was up and they paid for a renewal.... not certain if they got that fixed?

if the ip address has changed if pillars is catz, as example, if she went from a dsl service provider to a cable/broadband service provider or moved to another place, then the ip address would change and there is no way to PROVE they are the same users, even if your gut, among other things, screams that they are the same poster....

Also, when I was there, we occasionally gave permanently banned posters a ''second chance'', all mods voted on it, majority wins....

and sometimes the ''system'' automatically reversed the ban if they were paid members, and their yearly renewal was up and they paid for a renewal.... not certain if they got that fixed?

Thanks for your past mod service here. Now post something political, so we can disagree. :)

Thanks for your past mod service here. Now post something political, so we can disagree. :)
:rofl::rofl:

:thup:

I clicked something wrong on this POS laptop to end up over here to begin with. I yam embarrassed.
I've been on approximately 100 million gazillion boards and find this one a lil better than a LOT of em out there. I have been banned so many times my ass is sore and I have a severe inferiority complex.
I like it here better than ALL the crappy boards that gave me the boot in the ass, that's for sure. :)
I don't see the problem... I scan the board and choose which posts to click on and engage in. I ignore the others. Eventually they all go away and the board is washed as with a springtime rain.
Or something.
I'm with the guy that said choose your battles wisely. It just ain't worth any aggravation.

If others Can start a dozen threads a day on Trump. . . How about I start a dozen threads a day on abortion?

I dont see why I should have restrain myself if others don't.

Show me an intellectually honest liberal and I will show you a Conservative in the making.

Hello,

Somebody starts at least 20 threads a day in current events and almost ALL of them are threads that belong in the conspiracy forum.

One less liberal mod and two conservative leaning mods have entered the fray. This looks better to me, politically speaking, and that's pretty much what I care about.

Still, it will take work to get the game back from the cats and their water carriers.

Odd conclusion, a ban is a punishment for violating a rule, usually warning after warning; this board welcomes everyone from all perspectives, who follow the rules. The conclusion that all liberals are safe, and all conservatives are not, is bunk. Better to ask these questions:
  1. Is the statement "The mods here (not all of them, thanks God!) tend to ban the conservatives for posting the truth and almost never ban liberals." true;
  2. If true, one must infer conservatives violate rules more often than do liberals.
  3. If not true, why is the author of post #2 trying to mislead the reader.
In my experience, and I've read so many posts I ought to be ashamed (for I could have spent that time reading good literature, learning a second language, walking from here to there) to learn that dishonesty does not a banned person make. Nor does vile rhetoric attacking others who hold opinions which challenge the reader, or anti social comments about a persons age, sex, sexual orientation, color, ethnicity or politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back