Twenty Minutes of Silence OR

Shit...I figured that this thread was heading into the tubes.

Congrats. :rolleyes:

You don't appreciate the hypocrisy of a Jewish American telling us how to handle scenes of of mass murder while the holocausts memorials and camps are treated as shrines ?
Not you, Dillo. But the hypocrisy and borderline authoritarian attitude is distasteful to me. You just provided a limelight. I tried to sweep it under the rug.

Now, I'm out of here. There are better threads with more respect.

You don't appreciate the hypocrisy of a Jewish American telling us how to handle scenes of of mass murder while the holocausts memorials and camps are treated as shrines ?

1. The holocaust was not a terroristic act by a bunch of thugs.

2. should we do away with all war memorials? or is it just my being a jew that means i can't have an opinion about this?

inquiring minds want to know.

now kindly go screw yourself.

I really don't understand why we wallow in victimhood on 9.11. there's remembering and there's being professional victims.

I have to say, i feel like the best way to give the finger to the people who orchestrated that type of destruction is to rebuild and go on. But it's been nine years and it's still a hole in the ground....

Terrorists and terrorist sympathizers must get a rush every time we do this.

Everyone deals with grief in different ways. And Fuck the terrorists and their sympathizers. If they think they've won I don't give a crap. We cannot get into the habit of doing or not doing something becasue it may set a terrorist in motion. Do that and then they have won. so FUCK THEM ALL.

You're right. Everyone deals with it differently. So how does forcing people to be silent, under any form of threat, address that? "I will neg you if you don't follow my way of grieving" is the dumbest thing I've heard on this board, and there are some ridiculously dumb things here.

I really don't understand why we wallow in victimhood on 9.11. there's remembering and there's being professional victims.

I have to say, i feel like the best way to give the finger to the people who orchestrated that type of destruction is to rebuild and go on. But it's been nine years and it's still a hole in the ground....

A moment of silence is specifically FOR remembering,

and how you manage to misconstrue it into "Wallowing In Victimhood" is beyond me.

My difference of opinion has garnered me a Neg Rep from you?

Thanx for the TOLERANCE and right to freedom of speech.

Cripes.

I was trying to determine if my wife was one of the planes that went into the buildings that morning.

Yup! of all the days for her to be flying into NYC (on her way to Washington) she picked that day.

It was mighty tense in the editec household for a most of that morning let me tell yas.

2. should we do away with all war memorials? or is it just my being a jew that means i can't have an opinion about this?

Yes it was, just on a much grander scale. The reasons are much the same too. America was attacked by extremist muslims, who happen to be very bitter that we Americans have a kinship with Israel. See? it's still all about exterminating Jewish people.

you object to twenty minutes of silence for 9/11 but have kept the memory of the holocaust alive and kicking for over 60 years as a constant reminder and turned concetration camps into museums? Your victim status getting overshadowed a bit or what ?

you object to twenty minutes of silence for 9/11 but have kept the memory of the holocaust alive and kicking for over 60 years as a constant reminder and turned concetration camps into museums? Your victim status getting overshadowed a bit or what ?

Forcing people under any threat to do anything, including being silent, is not equivalent to maintaining buildings and allowing people the OPTION to visit if they so desire.

if you and the other pretend patriot actually read anything, you'd know my objection isn't to 20 minutes of silence.

Forcing people under any threat to do anything, including being silent, is not equivalent to maintaining buildings and allowing people the OPTION to visit if they so desire.

I'm referring to Jillians suggestion that we rebuild quickly and take away the pleasure of the perps while Jews have turned one of the biggest crime scenes in history into shrines and museums. Tear them down and rebuild, hypocrite.

I'm referring to Jillians suggestion that we rebuild quickly and take away the pleasure of the perps while Jews have turned one of the biggest crime scenes in history into shrines and museums. Tear them down and rebuild, hypocrite.

you're a moron. seriously.

The equivalent analogy would be to leave the ruble in the middle of New York City as a shrine. But hey, you're equating things that were made to things that were destroyed, completely incapable of seeing the difference. Let me dumb it down for you:

Built weapons are retained.
Destroyed buildings are replaced.

A moment of silence is specifically FOR remembering,

and how you manage to misconstrue it into "Wallowing In Victimhood" is beyond me.

given that your mentally deficient ramblings are generally incoherant, i won't tax you with a long explanation ... but i wasn't referring to the moment of silence. i was referring to the day generally.

now kindly go back to your cave.

thanks.

Compare an entire month declared as Black History Month to one single day of remembrance....many victims who still flinch whenever they hear the sound of a low flying jet as evidenced by the turmoil the Air Force One fly-over caused.

No Black American was alive when slavery was abolished but we still act like it happened to those living today. That's why I dislike it when I hear Obama talk about collective salvation and social justice like it needs to be settled before we can move on.

you're a moron. seriously.

Americans were murdered for supporting Israel. Excuse me if I take 20 minutes to reflect on that day. I promise I won't go on for 60+ years.

germans have turned them into memorial sites. for a good reason.

Compare an entire month declared as Black History Month to one single day of remembrance....many victims who still flinch whenever they hear the sound of a low flying jet as evidenced by the turmoil the Air Force One fly-over caused.

No Black American was alive when slavery was abolished but we still act like it happened to those living today. That's why I dislike it when I hear Obama talk about collective salvation and social justice like it needs to be settled before we can move on.
That's because there are a ton of Americans that were alive during segregation and outright legal prejudice. Yes, slavery ended a while ago. You think all things were equalized then? Our grandparents remember segregation.

Americans were murdered for supporting Israel. Excuse me if I take 20 minutes to reflect on that day. I promise I won't go on for 60+ years.
Take your 20 minutes. Go do whatever you want to do. Just don't force it on others. The entirety of your claim in this thread has been pointing fingers at the holocaust and Israel. Suck it up. You want to mourn, go mourn. If you want to force your mourning on others and point fingers, acting like a child, don't be surprised when you're treated like one.

Forum List

Back