Twenty Minutes of Silence OR

Forcing people under any threat to do anything, including being silent, is not equivalent to maintaining buildings and allowing people the OPTION to visit if they so desire.

I'm referring to Jillians suggestion that we rebuild quickly and take away the pleasure of the perps while Jews have turned one of the biggest crime scenes in history into shrines and museums. Tear them down and rebuild, hypocrite.

germans have turned them into memorial sites. for a good reason.

and the Jews have offered up massive protests :rolleyes:

I'm referring to Jillians suggestion that we rebuild quickly and take away the pleasure of the perps while Jews have turned one of the biggest crime scenes in history into shrines and museums. Tear them down and rebuild, hypocrite.

germans have turned them into memorial sites. for a good reason.

and the Jews have offered up massive protests :rolleyes:

no, they and other victims needed to prod the germans to create memorial sites in the beginning.

I really don't understand why we wallow in victimhood on 9.11. there's remembering and there's being professional victims.

I have to say, i feel like the best way to give the finger to the people who orchestrated that type of destruction is to rebuild and go on. But it's been nine years and it's still a hole in the ground....

Terrorists and terrorist sympathizers must get a rush every time we do this.

Please-----the Jews have wallowed for 60+ years over the holocaust insisting that NO ONE forget. Talk about professional victims !!! Think you could maybe spare 20 minutes or so ?

and yet you keep pointing fingers. It's clear to anyone reading this thread you have some personal anger against the Jews. I don't much care why. What I'm wondering is why you're trying to displace the events of this day on another event?

Who cares how others mourn? Who cares how flippant any other group in the world is being about any other event that effects them when it comes to THIS event? You are like the schoolyard child who starts stealing because little Tommy stole your pencil last week. Your actions and behavior have nothing to do with anything else. Grow up.

no, they and other victims needed to prod the germans to create memorial sites in the beginning.

My point exactly-----yet Jillian is eager to cover up the site of murdered Americans?

i find the comparison of the terror attacks of 2001 and the holocaust to be dead on arrival.

It's common for people to make the mistake of minimizing the deaths of 3,000 people when larger numbers have been murdered through out history. These were my fellow Americans---I'm sorry there weren't 6 million of them.

I really don't understand why we wallow in victimhood on 9.11. there's remembering and there's being professional victims.

I have to say, i feel like the best way to give the finger to the people who orchestrated that type of destruction is to rebuild and go on. But it's been nine years and it's still a hole in the ground....

Please-----the Jews have wallowed for 60+ years over the holocaust insisting that NO ONE forget. Talk about professional victims !!! Think you could maybe spare 20 minutes or so ?

Dillo dahling,, I rarely ever disagree with you. But, the systematic murder of probably 15 million Jews never should be forgotten. Ever. I get your point but it's not worth making it if you have to mock 15 million deaths is it?

My point exactly-----yet Jillian is eager to cover up the site of murdered Americans?

i find the comparison of the terror attacks of 2001 and the holocaust to be dead on arrival.

It's common for people to make the mistake of minimizing the deaths of 3,000 people when larger numbers have been murdered through out history. These were my fellow Americans---I'm sorry there weren't 6 million of them.

it is not only about numbers.

you can do better than that.

Dillo dahling,, I rarely ever disagree with you. But, the systematic murder of probably 15 million Jews never should be forgotten. Ever. I get your point but it's not worth making it if you have to mock 15 million deaths is it?

no deaths should be mocked --not even 3,000. The argument is that not rebuilding and memorializing will give the enemy pleasure. Odd coming from a group who are the CHAMPIONS of memorializing and have the very buildings the murders were commit in enshrined as museums.

Minimizing? Do you know how many Americans died from the subsequent war? Double that. Your fellow Americans die from completely preventable causes every day of the week, including 1200 to tobacco use every day. Do you mourn them? No. Why? Because when they die, you didn't get scared.

It's not hard to minimize 0.001% of our population. As I've said before: we should all mourn who we want, as we want. But your antagonism against other groups and events, or threatening that people need to mourn your way is nothing short of childishness.

This was pretty easy for me to follow. So unless I was snoring, I gave them a moment a silence....... since I was sleeping. Which is exactly what I was doing when it happened.

no deaths should be mocked --not even 3,000. The argument is that not rebuilding and memorializing will give the enemy pleasure. Odd coming from a group who are the CHAMPIONS of memorializing and have the very buildings the murders were commit in enshrined as museums.

No one is MOCKING deaths. I am also pretty sure you believe anyone disagreeing with you in this thread is Jewish. Your paranoia appears to be oozing from the seams at this point.

Minimizing? Do you know how many Americans died from the subsequent war? Double that. Your fellow Americans die from completely preventable causes every day of the week, including 1200 to tobacco use every day. Do you mourn them? No. Why? Because when they die, you didn't get scared.

It's not hard to minimize 0.001% of our population. As I've said before: we should all mourn who we want, as we want. But your antagonism against other groups and events, or threatening that people need to mourn your way is nothing short of childishness.

Try to grasp the point here. When a jew suggests that rememberences of horrific acts only serve to embolden the enemy I find it to be the height of hypocrisy as they are the champions of plastering the horrific act of the holocaust anywhere they can. If rememberences indeed embolden the enemy perhaps they should take their own advice and perhaps America could be saved a lot of money and lives defending them.
Especially when America's defense of Israel was a prime motive for the attack.
Read Bin Ladens fatwah again

Honoring the dead isn't wallowing in victimhood.

Indeed. And what does it say about someone who has to criticize and ridicule honoring the dead?

If she doesn't wish to participate, she could just butt out instead of poisoning the relevant threads.

If you are taking time to honor the innocents, courageous responders and what the terrorists really attacked I commend you.

If you are once again taking pause and getting stuck on the past, then you are damaging yourself and those around you. Find a way to heal and grow. This is what I took Jillian's earliest statement to mean.
I didn't take it to mean these people had no value or were not worthy of honor or respect.

Forum List

Back