TV Shows that suck

I don't know about watching all of my shows on the computer. I think I would miss my big TV. :)

Most new tvs have internet access to Netflix, Hulu, Youtube and others
If not, you can pay $35 for Chromecast and show everything on your computer

I know, but I still like watching shows on my big screen television. It's just not the same on the computer!

Also, sometimes the computer acts up. I wouldn't mind watching some things on it, but the computer is just not reliable enough or good enough for me to get rid of my cable. When they make one with a 40-inch screen . . . . :D

The point is that you no longer have to watch on your computer. You can link it directly to your 60 inch flatscreen
The point is it is still going through your computer. And there is still no simple change the channel interface.

HDMI1 to HDMI2 is pretty simple

Sure it is. Lol.

I don't know about watching all of my shows on the computer. I think I would miss my big TV. :)

I know, but I still like watching shows on my big screen television. It's just not the same on the computer!

Also, sometimes the computer acts up. I wouldn't mind watching some things on it, but the computer is just not reliable enough or good enough for me to get rid of my cable. When they make one with a 40-inch screen . . . . :D

The point is that you no longer have to watch on your computer. You can link it directly to your 60 inch flatscreen

You think I know how to do that? :lol: I am NO computer genius, let me tell you. As a matter of fact, although I love doing things on the computer, I find it to be one of the MOST annoying machines ever created! If I can avoid messing with it all, I will.

Changing your source is on your TV remote not your computer
Even my wife figured out how to do it and she doesn't even know how to turn on a computer

You think I know how to do that? :lol: I am NO computer genius, let me tell you. As a matter of fact, although I love doing things on the computer, I find it to be one of the MOST annoying machines ever created! If I can avoid messing with it all, I will.

Changing your source is on your TV remote not your computer
Even my wife figured out how to do it and she doesn't even know how to turn on a computer

Well you have to connect the computer to the television. It's not as easy as just using your remote. What's that mean? MORE wires?

The only reason I have not dumped cable is due to Survivor, Dual Survivor, Game Of Thrones, Master Chef and a scant few other show I watch.

You could always catch them on Netflix, Hulu, DVD. You'd save a ton of money. The reason I haven't dropped cable is sports. Sports are keeping cable in business.
LSU football keeps me subscribed to Direct TV.

The rest of the year sucks, but, I have to have it.

You can cancel the channels and just get the college football package.

I finally cancelled Comcast a couple months go. I had everything bundled and was paying too much for something I don't use a whole lot.
Now my internet is cheap and reliable.
...for tv its roku, netflix, hulu plus & a few on regular tv . ( with chromecast)

Hands down its:

Modern Family - it isn't funny at all, it's preachy and it irritates the hell out of me when they cut to one or more of the characters sitting down lecturing us on why what just happened is funny. Awful show, the worst.

I finally cancelled Comcast a couple months go. I had everything bundled and was paying too much for something I don't use a whole lot.
...for tv its roku, netflix, hulu plus & a few on regular tv . ( with chromecast)

I love my Chromecast. It may be one of the smartest purchases I've made last year.

The point is it is still going through your computer. And there is still no simple change the channel interface.

HDMI1 to HDMI2 is pretty simple
And it still goes through your computer. Pretty simple.

Who is your internet provider? I mean, sure you can cancel your bundle package, but you still need internet. I need high speed internet.

I love my Chromecast. It may be one of the smartest purchases I've made last year.

I'm not familiar with all of these things. I really don't watch TV that much. There are a few shows that I actually watch, and then I have the food network which I love because I love cooking and learning new tips and techniques. I've never been big into movies and things like that, so I never bothered with netflix, hulu or any of them. I have no idea how they work or how much they cost.

Who is your internet provider? I mean, sure you can cancel your bundle package, but you still need internet. I need high speed internet.

Out here I think there's still Wave, Atlas, Clear wire. Really fast, dependable and cheap, compared to the big wigs... like Comcast and Century link.So far I've had no problems.
When I was cancelling my Comcast they tried to add $300 onto my final bill and they couldn't even give me a direct answer what the $300 was for....lol it kept changing.

Out here I think there's still Wave, Atlas, Clear wire. Really fast, dependable and cheap, compared to the big wigs... like Comcast and Century link.So far I've had no problems.
When I was cancelling my Comcast they tried to add $300 onto my final bill and they couldn't even give me a direct answer what the $300 was for....lol it kept changing.

Comcast sucks so bad.

Pawnstars...because they are idiots, greedy, and it's all a bunch of bullshit. Even the store itself.

The Vegas Pawn Stars has a lot of educational matter, experts speaking to antiques and what not. But it's annoying that the Detroit version of it goes by the same name. That is crap.
Do the antiques answer?
Pawnstars is a weak equivalent of the UK Antiques road show. Worst show ever? Charlie's angels , or six million dollar man, three is company, all on my list of all time worst crap forced on us. I am reminded of that Zappa song about the slime from the video...

Pawnstars...because they are idiots, greedy, and it's all a bunch of bullshit. Even the store itself.

The Vegas Pawn Stars has a lot of educational matter, experts speaking to antiques and what not. But it's annoying that the Detroit version of it goes by the same name. That is crap.
Do the antiques answer?
Pawnstars is a weak equivalent of the UK Antiques road show. Worst show ever? Charlie's angels , or six million dollar man, three is company, all on my list of all time worst crap forced on us. I am reminded of Zappa's song about the slime from the video..
I used to go see ol' Frank many summers at the zoo amphitheater in OKC...It was a hell of a party....

Comcast sucks so bad.
They all suck, and the prices do too, and you still get massive redundancy of the same shows being rebroadcast.....

I am a Zapatisa.When Frank died, it broke my heart. But the slime keeps pouring out of the media, with sh*t like Walker, Texas ranger or Ghost whisperer. The slime never stops. Let alone Brian Williams, we are talking ultra slime here.

Comcast sucks so bad.
They all suck, and the prices do too, and you still get massive redundancy of the same shows being rebroadcast.....

Not to mention, they aren't all that reliable anyways. I lose my cable and internet all the time. One of these months, I'm going to have to add up all the time I've lost my cable/internet/phone for just to know for myself how many hours I've paid for that I haven't had access. Effers.

Gold Rush...cuz it's a crock of shit and they never really hit a huge load that I have seen.

The Hunt For Bigfoot shows cuz it's stupid.

Any and all Housewives shows cuz they are stupid.

American Pickers because they have NO CLUE what shit really is worth.

Curse Of Oak Island cuz they never find diddly squat so why watch for an hour. It's stupid too.

Storage Wars...because it's stupid. And fake. And the "stars" of it suck.

Anything I'm missing?

I'm going to hazard a guess that the plethora of celebrity rehab/cohabitating shows are horrifically hideous, but that's only from brief, involuntary exposure to their commercials. Oh, and anything involving a Kardashian or a Hilton, for the same reasons.

Ice road truckers. All all those scuba men under the ice with cameras risking their lives for that crap? How about a show devoted to all those gutsy people that put up with this crap?

Forum List

Back