TULIP (God calls some to atheism)

But they are kidding themselves if they don't believe they are missing out on anything.

I am missing out on a lot. I would love to talk to an omnipotent deity on a regular basis. Other than that, I can live a Christian life just fine without believing in magic. But yeah. Not being able to hear words from an all knowing deity sucks butt cheeks.
laughing leads to crying, bro.

Be honest. If God decided to give you the silent treatment, wouldn’t you be disappointed?
Now you be honest, OK? All this is just a game to you, right?

I’m not sure what you mean. No it isn’t scary. So it isn’t all that Serious. But no. I am not lying about anything if that is what you mean. I really do think it would be sweet if God existed and He talked to me. I am not sure you could find anybody that would hate that whether they be atheist, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Jew or anything at all. 100% of all humans living would want God to talk to them.

If God even said one word to me then I would know He existed and I could start making fun of the atheists for being stupid. Until then I will make fun of liars who say that God talks to them. Yes. It is possible Jay Leno talks to me just not others. The same could be said about God. It is possible God talks to some and not others. Why do I deserve your hatred just because God has bullied, harassed, tortured, manipulated, and ignored me to the point that I am forced to believe He doesn’t exist? That isn’t my fault. I was called of God to be an atheist.

The way God speaks to some to prove His existence, God has spoke to me to prove His nonexistence. It is settled. I don’t deserve your harassment. I will start believing in God as soon as He starts existing. It’s that simple.
You can back off the passive aggressive BS with me. It seems you are expecting God to do some magic tricks for you rather than doing any self reflection of your own. Maybe it was because of your silly religious upbringing that you have such silly expectations but that excuse will only go so far as your are an adult now. So I tend to believe you know better and aren't really interested in serious discussion.

You don't have to make up excuses for your atheism. So stop trying to justify your atheism to me. I really don't care what you believe. Just know that you are the sum of your choices. So don't be surprised when these types of behaviors come back to bite you in the ass in the real world.

God doesn’t have to prove himself to me but if he decides that he wants to do that then I am very receptive.
Do you believe there is more good than bad in the world?

No. The amount of murders that I have committed in my life in order to survive is astronomical. Survival is a violent thing. If you dismiss my human to animal interactions then yes. There is way more good than bad in the world. Humans are mostly good to each other. This is opposite to Biblical teaching. The Bible teaches that we are dirty, rotten, filthy, disgusting scoundrels. I used to believe that was true. It just doesn’t match with my observation of reality. Most human to human interaction is positive.

But they are kidding themselves if they don't believe they are missing out on anything.

I am missing out on a lot. I would love to talk to an omnipotent deity on a regular basis. Other than that, I can live a Christian life just fine without believing in magic. But yeah. Not being able to hear words from an all knowing deity sucks butt cheeks.
laughing leads to crying, bro.

Be honest. If God decided to give you the silent treatment, wouldn’t you be disappointed?
Now you be honest, OK? All this is just a game to you, right?

I’m not sure what you mean. No it isn’t scary. So it isn’t all that Serious. But no. I am not lying about anything if that is what you mean. I really do think it would be sweet if God existed and He talked to me. I am not sure you could find anybody that would hate that whether they be atheist, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Jew or anything at all. 100% of all humans living would want God to talk to them.

If God even said one word to me then I would know He existed and I could start making fun of the atheists for being stupid. Until then I will make fun of liars who say that God talks to them. Yes. It is possible Jay Leno talks to me just not others. The same could be said about God. It is possible God talks to some and not others. Why do I deserve your hatred just because God has bullied, harassed, tortured, manipulated, and ignored me to the point that I am forced to believe He doesn’t exist? That isn’t my fault. I was called of God to be an atheist.

The way God speaks to some to prove His existence, God has spoke to me to prove His nonexistence. It is settled. I don’t deserve your harassment. I will start believing in God as soon as He starts existing. It’s that simple.
You can back off the passive aggressive BS with me. It seems you are expecting God to do some magic tricks for you rather than doing any self reflection of your own. Maybe it was because of your silly religious upbringing that you have such silly expectations but that excuse will only go so far as your are an adult now. So I tend to believe you know better and aren't really interested in serious discussion.

You don't have to make up excuses for your atheism. So stop trying to justify your atheism to me. I really don't care what you believe. Just know that you are the sum of your choices. So don't be surprised when these types of behaviors come back to bite you in the ass in the real world.

God doesn’t have to prove himself to me but if he decides that he wants to do that then I am very receptive.
Do you believe there is more good than bad in the world?

No. The amount of murders that I have committed in my life in order to survive is astronomical. Survival is a violent thing. If you dismiss my human to animal interactions then yes. There is way more good than bad in the world. Humans are mostly good to each other. This is opposite to Biblical teaching. The Bible teaches that we are dirty, rotten, filthy, disgusting scoundrels. I used to believe that was true. It just doesn’t match with my observation of reality. Most human to human interaction is positive.
So you believe there is more bad than good in the world?

Can’t we just agree that God called you to be a Christian that ignores the Bible’s teachings and He called me to be an atheist that ignores the Bible’s teachings?

We are both called to ignore the Bible’s teachings. You think God is stupid and I think God is nonexistent. I honestly don’t see a difference. You have the flexibility to respond to reality without reckless abandon. I have the flexibility to respond to reality without reckless abandon. We are alike. I reject the Bible as authority. You reject the Bible as authority. Same-Same

We are arguing even though we are on the same page. I find it odd.

Can’t we just agree that God called you to be a Christian that ignores the Bible’s teachings and He called me to be an atheist that ignores the Bible’s teachings?

We are both called to ignore the Bible’s teachings. You think God is stupid and I think God is nonexistent. I honestly don’t see a difference. You have the flexibility to respond to reality without reckless abandon. I have the flexibility to respond to reality without reckless abandon. We are alike. I reject the Bible as authority. You reject the Bible as authority. Same-Same

I don't believe we can agree on that. But we can agree that you are playing games. Can you agree to that?

I don't believe we can agree on that. But we can agree that you are playing games. Can you agree to that?

Sure. It doesn’t change the discussion one way or the other. So if it makes you feel better then yes. I am playing games. Now. Can you defend your position since you have demolished my character? Nope. You can’t. God either doesn’t exist or God doesn’t talk to other humans.

neither my character nor my motives helps you. God either doesn’t exist or God doesn’t talk to other humans. I am humble enough to accept the possibility that God talks to others but ignores me. What is illogical about that conclusion? The answer is that nothing is illogical about that conclusion. You have concluded God exists because God spoke to you. He doesn’t speak to me thus I have no evidence. You do. That is the fun games I am playing sir. If I was in your position then I would believe God exists too.

I would love to talk to an omnipotent deity on a regular basis.
Why?

I was brainwashed my whole life that God is all loving, all powerful, all just, and the all around greatest being in existence. It would be comforting to know that He is at least somewhat interested in me. It would also settle an internal conflict that I have been having on and off since 1996. Is God real or is God bull shit? I would know for sure if He spoke to me. That would be a burden lifted. The debate of whether God exists or not has consumed lots of mental energy these past 24 years.

Sure. It doesn’t change the discussion one way or the other. So if it makes you feel better then yes. I am playing games. Now. Can you defend your position since you have demolished my character? Nope. You can’t. God either doesn’t exist or God doesn’t talk to other humans.

neither my character nor my motives helps you. God either doesn’t exist or God doesn’t talk to other humans. I am humble enough to accept the possibility that God talks to others but ignores me. What is illogical about that conclusion? The answer is that nothing is illogical about that conclusion. You have concluded God exists because God spoke to you. He doesn’t speak to me thus I have no evidence. You do. That is the fun games I am playing sir. If I was in your position then I would believe God exists too.
Dude, I explained my position several pages ago. You have throw out so many logical fallacies that it's obvious that you aren't serious about discussing this. It's amusement to you. What could possibly go wrong with behaviors like that?

I was brainwashed my whole life that God is all loving, all powerful, all just, and the all around greatest being in existence. It would be comforting to know that He is at least somewhat interested in me. It would also settle an internal conflict that I have been having on and off since 1996. Is God real or is God bull shit? I would know for sure if He spoke to me. That would be a burden lifted. The debate of whether God exists or not has consumed lots of mental energy these past 24 years.
Once God speaks to you, how will your life change? What would you do that you are not doing now? What would you stop doing that you are doing now? What changes?

I would love to talk to an omnipotent deity on a regular basis.
Why?

Nike is a brand that we can’t get out of our minds. Tide is a brand that we can’t get out of our minds. Coca Cola is a brand that we can’t get out of our minds. God is a brand that we can’t get out of our minds. Whoever invented God was quite the genius. God will live in the minds of all men from now on until the last human dies. I don’t think the God concept will ever pass away. That suggests immortality. The other strong brands I mentioned may live 50-200 years after their last product is made but probably won’t live 500 years in the way God will.

Once God speaks to you, how will your life change? What would you do that you are not doing now? What would you stop doing that you are doing now? What changes?

If all God said was, “hello” then it would change a great deal. It would end my internal conflicts about whether He exists or not. If God said, “sell all that you own and give it to the Salvation Army” then it would change my life drastically. If God said, “live by the Bible” the I would sell all that I own and give it to the Salvation Army. It would change my life drastically. No matter what God said to me it would mean great changes. What did you do different once God started talking to you?

If all God said was, “hello” then it would change a great deal. It would end my internal conflicts about whether He exists or not. If God said, “sell all that you own and give it to the Salvation Army” then it would change my life drastically.

Why can't you sell all your own and give it to the Salvation Army right now? What is stopping you? After you take this step, then what would you do?

Dude, I explained my position several pages ago. You have throw out so many logical fallacies that it's obvious that you aren't serious about discussing this. It's amusement to you. What could possibly go wrong with behaviors like that?

There is nothing for us to argue. We agree on everything. We both approach the world the same. I am choosing to stop being entertained by you at least for a little while. This is my second to last post in this thread. I have to respond to Meriweather. Maybe I will catch you in another thread sometime when I grow up.

If all God said was, “hello” then it would change a great deal. It would end my internal conflicts about whether He exists or not. If God said, “sell all that you own and give it to the Salvation Army” then it would change my life drastically.

Why can't you sell all your own and give it to the Salvation Army right now? What is stopping you? After you take this step, then what would you do?

Because it would be stupid. If God actually said it to me and didn’t just have biased people write it in a book then I would have to agree that it is no longer stupid. But for now it would be stupid.

Finally: this is my last post in this thread.

There is nothing for us to argue. We agree on everything. We both approach the world the same. I am choosing to stop being entertained by you at least for a little while. This is my last post in this thread. Maybe I will catch you in another thread sometime when I grow up.
No. We don't agree on everything. That's just another example of you making a logical fallacy argument and proving how illogical it would be for me to try to have an honest discussion with you. You aren't honest. I wonder what could possibly go wrong in a person's life who wasn't honest? Predictable surprises maybe?

Because it would be stupid. If God actually said it to me and didn’t just have biased people write it in a book then I would have to agree that it is no longer stupid. But for now it would be stupid.
The rich young man wanted to do more than he was doing. He was keeping the Commandments, doing what was right, but he wanted to do more. Jesus basically told him he could become part of his group, but he couldn't do that if he was bound by all the things that kept him tied to one place.

The one thing the rich young man couldn't do was give up his things to reach for the next possibility. Giving all our things to the Salvation Army doesn't accomplish a thing unless we know what we are going to do next. Why isn't doing what we are doing right now enough? (Perhaps it is.)

Mary was from David's line.
Weird that the Bible didn't mention it, and instead described Joseph's lineage. What a poor piece of historical literature.

The Jews have used Jewish Matrilineal since antiquity. And yet never use the female's name in designating the decedents.
The Bible didn't need to mention it. It is a Jewish Book, written by Jews. They don't need to research to understand. The literature is fine. You are merely a poorly uneducated reader...

Forum List

Back