TSA throws a mother in prison for trying to protect her daughter

Yes it does. It is important to to either keep your cool, or STFU if you lose control with Law Enforcement for that exact reason. They are holding most of the cards, that's just the way it is. Still, there are aspects here that resemble a festering wound, there is unresolved intrusion and abuse issues. How would you solve the problem, let them have their way? Either way they win then, and continue bad behavior. The Airport is a frustrating place, TSA is a frustrating job, there is no excuse for public humiliation in doing it, admittedly like S&M it is probably a turn on for some, but that does not make it okay for the rest of us. Arrogance, burnout, on either side of the equation is a problem. Nobody should be excusing abuse.

TSA screeners are NOT, NOT law enforcement. They are federal security agents WITH OUT the power of arrest. They rely on Airport cops to make arrests. That is to much responsibility for quality of employee that make up the TSA to have.

Glorified Mall cops with no legal law enforcement standing, This lady had every right to become hostile when you have a group of individuals who are attempting to force a person to do something they stated will not happen especially attempting to force a Child. or a 85 year old parent in a wheel chair who has cancer.

And, considering they have NO success to point to, no bust to make them valid I dont understand how they can continue to be funded. Matter of fact, but loads of weapons have gotten past them. Why are they still in existence ?

TSA screeners are NOT, NOT law enforcement. They are federal security agents WITH OUT the power of arrest. They rely on Airport cops to make arrests. That is to much responsibility for quality of employee that make up the TSA to have.

Glorified Mall cops with no legal law enforcement standing, This lady had every right to become hostile when you have a group of individuals who are attempting to force a person to do something they stated will not happen especially attempting to force a Child. or a 85 year old parent in a wheel chair who has cancer.

And, considering they have NO success to point to, no bust to make them valid I dont understand how they can continue to be funded. Matter of fact, but loads of weapons have gotten past them. Why are they still in existence ?

The better question is how much longer will we tolerate this abuse. There will be a change after this next election.

Last edited:
Yes it does. It is important to to either keep your cool, or STFU if you lose control with Law Enforcement for that exact reason. They are holding most of the cards, that's just the way it is. Still, there are aspects here that resemble a festering wound, there is unresolved intrusion and abuse issues. How would you solve the problem, let them have their way? Either way they win then, and continue bad behavior. The Airport is a frustrating place, TSA is a frustrating job, there is no excuse for public humiliation in doing it, admittedly like S&M it is probably a turn on for some, but that does not make it okay for the rest of us. Arrogance, burnout, on either side of the equation is a problem. Nobody should be excusing abuse.

And she was arrested by the Airport Cops for causing a publoic disturbance

No, she was arrested for not complying with the cop wash out's.

It's not like the TSA is groping and fondling and slipping dollar bills down your pants. This is way out of control and everybody is offended way too easily IMO.

Entirely too bad. I could use a few twenties to offset that checked bags fee.

I love it when bad things happen to stupid people. Throwing an extended tantrum at a security checkpoint is just stupid

It's not like the TSA is groping and fondling and slipping dollar bills down your pants. This is way out of control and everybody is offended way too easily IMO.

I love it when bad things happen to stupid people. Throwing an extended tantrum at a security checkpoint is just stupid

Still waiting for one account of air port screeners stopping a bad guy.

As well as there failures and theft.

Promise to never let truth or reality stand in the way of your self gratification. ;) TSA went bad under Obama, face it moron. You went bad under your Public School Indoctrination, that was inevitable, the fact that you excelled in it is solely on you though. Now Piss off and change that diaper. ;)

the TSA went bad under Obama?
I did not ralize you were so blindly partisan.

Can you provide more details on just how it went bad under Obama?

You are kidding right??? Search the multiple threads on that topic yourself. There are months and months of posts on the changes in policy as they happened. Search the News reports on intrusive Searches. This selective memory crap is a bit overboard.
Be it the TSA, the ATF, the IRS, the EPA, the common denominator is Power Grab. It is more than a trend. This shit works from the top down. You need to get past Bush.

threads by partisans with an agenda to not mean that the TSA went bad under the current president. Each time TSA searches for a particular thing or in a particular fashion, it is in response to something that occurred before.

saying it's more aggressive now might be accurate, but anyone doing good security would be just as aggressive.

and, frankly, if anything happened, this president would take the blame from the same shrieking loons that are complaining about the TSA now.

the TSA went bad under Obama?
I did not ralize you were so blindly partisan.

Can you provide more details on just how it went bad under Obama?

You are kidding right??? Search the multiple threads on that topic yourself. There are months and months of posts on the changes in policy as they happened. Search the News reports on intrusive Searches. This selective memory crap is a bit overboard.
Be it the TSA, the ATF, the IRS, the EPA, the common denominator is Power Grab. It is more than a trend. This shit works from the top down. You need to get past Bush.

threads by partisans with an agenda to not mean that the TSA went bad under the current president. Each time TSA searches for a particular thing or in a particular fashion, it is in response to something that occurred before.

saying it's more aggressive now might be accurate, but anyone doing good security would be just as aggressive.

and, frankly, if anything happened, this president would take the blame from the same shrieking loons that are complaining about the TSA now.

This is true. I never liked the TSA, and was called unAmerican for saying it was no good. Not by anyone on this board, it was years ago. I said it would be this bad, and here we are. TSA sucks, they have no (zero) instances of stopping or preventing any terrorist actions. they only have instances of theft and letting weapons on plains.

Still no hijackings in 10 years

maybe they are just lucky charms...I think I will keep them

Lots of weapons found on air planes. They are Zero for Zero. Only thing I can figure is you like watching 6 year olds getting felt up and your balls rubbed by men. What else would a person think with all those frequent flier miles you have.

Government already legalizes theft via taxation, it should be no surprise they are legalizing molestation via the TSA. I know where all closeted pedophiles will be applying for a job.

you won't hear about the people who get arrested generally. but since you're asking:

Washington (CNN) -- A 24-year-old Baltimore man was arrested at a major airport last week after 13 knives were discovered in his carry-on bag, authorities said Thursday.
The man, who said he collected knives, was charged with three counts relating to possessing knives in an airport, authorities said. He was not charged with any terror-related counts.
The incident occurred about 5:45 p.m. last Thursday at Baltimore-Washington International Airport near Baltimore.
Police identified the traveler as Amr Gamal Shedid, 24. Shedid was charged with one count of possession of a dangerous concealed weapon, one count of carrying an unauthorized weapon into an airport and one count of interfering with security procedures of the airport, said Sgt. Kirk Perez of the Maryland Transportation Authority Police.

Police: Man at airport checkpoint had 13 knives - CNN.com

now, what do you think mr shedid would have done had TSA NOT stopped him? do you really want to find out.

and, really, you do understand that there's a deterrant effect to the very presence of TSA, right?

you won't hear about the people who get arrested generally. but since you're asking:

Washington (CNN) -- A 24-year-old Baltimore man was arrested at a major airport last week after 13 knives were discovered in his carry-on bag, authorities said Thursday.
The man, who said he collected knives, was charged with three counts relating to possessing knives in an airport, authorities said. He was not charged with any terror-related counts.
The incident occurred about 5:45 p.m. last Thursday at Baltimore-Washington International Airport near Baltimore.
Police identified the traveler as Amr Gamal Shedid, 24. Shedid was charged with one count of possession of a dangerous concealed weapon, one count of carrying an unauthorized weapon into an airport and one count of interfering with security procedures of the airport, said Sgt. Kirk Perez of the Maryland Transportation Authority Police.

now, what do you think mr shedid would have done had TSA NOT stopped him? do you really want to find out.

and, really, you do understand that there's a deterrant effect to the very presence of TSA, right?

By MATTHEW MOSK, ANGELA HILL and TIMOTHY FLEMING
Dec. 16, 2010

Last fall, as he had done hundreds of times, Iranian-American businessman Farid Seif passed through security at a Houston airport and boarded an international flight.

He didn't realize he had forgotten to remove the loaded snub nose "baby" Glock pistol from his computer bag. But TSA officers never noticed as his bag glided along the belt and was x-rayed. When he got to his hotel after the three-hour flight, he was shocked to discover the gun traveled unnoticed from Houston.

"It's just impossible to miss it, you know. I mean, this is not a small gun," Seif told ABC News. "How can you miss it? You cannot miss it."

Airport Security: Loaded Gun Slips Past TSA Screeners - ABC News

ICDCCollege.edu
Report slams TSA failure to track security passes
Updated 10/13/2008 12:52 AM | Comment | Recommend E-mail | Save | Print | Reprints & Permissions | Subscribe to stories like this
People using improper badges, IDs or uniforms, particularly in combination, "could significantly increase an airport's vulnerability to unauthorized access and, potentially, a wide variety of terrorist and criminal acts," the report said.
Enlarge image Enlarge By Nam Y. Huh, AP
People using improper badges, IDs or uniforms, particularly in combination, "could significantly increase an airport's vulnerability to unauthorized access and, potentially, a wide variety of terrorist and criminal acts," the report said.

FINDINGS

• In 73 cases, officers left TSA jobs, but offices that monitor airport security passes were not properly notified.

• One security officer had an active pass to the airport's secure areas for 827 days after leaving the agency.

• Investigators found 82 instances of former security officers whose uniforms were not returned or could not be accounted for.

• TSA employee identification cards were not adequately monitored.

By Alan Levin, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — The agency overseeing security at the nation's airports failed for years to track security passes and uniforms of former employees, creating widespread vulnerability to terrorists, says a government watchdog report obtained by USA TODAY.

Report slams TSA failure to track security passes - USATODAY.com

TSA and Obama/security failures
Share | Bookmark and Share
(1) Comments | Subscribe | Print friendly | Email Us
- Dr. Laurie Roth Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The legacy continues. TSA and Obama are competing now. Isn’t it splendid? I feel like we are watching “American Idol for Security Failures” starring TSA and Obama. Let’s look at their song selections so far:
TSA

This Christmas a plane nearly explodes in mid air with a Nigerian, Muslim radical trying to blow himself up: According to Doug Hagmann of Northeast Intelligence Network, who talked with various passengers on other flights, there have been similar behavior and obvious dry runs happening with Muslim passengers on other flights.

TSA and Obama/security failures

Now, We pay them to do what ? All I hear is crickets. This is what you get for all your tax dollars that have been spent.

Unions rally to represent TSA workers
By Donna Goodison
Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - Updated 9 months ago
EmailE-mail PrintablePrint Comments(17) Comments LargerSmallerText size Bookmark and Share Share

Two unions are ratcheting up their drives to represent 48,000 Transportation Security Administration screeners and other employees awaiting word from their new leader about whether they’ll be allowed to collectively bargain.

Unions rally to represent TSA workers - BostonHerald.com

That was a few post back. There is no deterrent, if they wanted a weapon on the plane they would have it. TSA or not. Its is in post #93 with links.

Last edited:

The knives were in his carry on, not his crotch. The new policy contributed absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Still no hijackings in 10 years

maybe they are just lucky charms...I think I will keep them

Lots of weapons found on air planes. They are Zero for Zero. Only thing I can figure is you like watching 6 year olds getting felt up and your balls rubbed by men. What else would a person think with all those frequent flier miles you have.

Maybe after we get a few planes hijacked or blown up, I will consider getting rid of them. Until then....I like having them around

Forum List

Back