TSA makes 95-year-old fly commando

This is going a bit too damn far.
95 years old.....in a wheelchair....and she is wearing a Depends.
I'd really like to know what the security assholes really thought this poor old woman was hiding in her undergarments.
If they have a scanning machine to scan the body, why couldn't they just scan her Depends??
For Christ's sake, it's going to get to the point where a person is going to have to strip down naked, to satisfy this flippin airport security.
I will say this, if it had been my Mother they did this too, my ass would have been hauled off to jail, for I would have caused such a commotion, such a scene, they would most likely have gotten me for disturbing the peace or some shit.
I would have defended my Mother in any means possible, as I'm sure this lady's daughter did.
This story is sad and it makes me sick.

It makes me sick, too. Why didn't the daughter have fresh Depends in her purse? Why did she submit her mother to this indignity of going through security in a soiled diaper? Why didn't the daughter give her underpants to her mother when they finally got on the plane?

I would never in a million years treat my mother like that.

And I sure as hell wouldn't plaster the story all over the internet to get my 15 minutes of fame.

You forgot to mention the news, it made the news too :)

This is going a bit too damn far.
95 years old.....in a wheelchair....and she is wearing a Depends.
I'd really like to know what the security assholes really thought this poor old woman was hiding in her undergarments.
If they have a scanning machine to scan the body, why couldn't they just scan her Depends??
For Christ's sake, it's going to get to the point where a person is going to have to strip down naked, to satisfy this flippin airport security.
I will say this, if it had been my Mother they did this too, my ass would have been hauled off to jail, for I would have caused such a commotion, such a scene, they would most likely have gotten me for disturbing the peace or some shit.
I would have defended my Mother in any means possible, as I'm sure this lady's daughter did.
This story is sad and it makes me sick.

It makes me sick, too. Why didn't the daughter have fresh Depends in her purse? Why did she submit her mother to this indignity of going through security in a soiled diaper? Why didn't the daughter give her underpants to her mother when they finally got on the plane?

Have you seen the size of a Depends??
They do not fit into a lady's purse, unless you use a small luggage bag as a purse.

Maybe she wasn't aware her Mother's Depends was wet?? How often does one have to check those things?? Every 5 minutes?? Once every hour?? What?? WHAT??

Because the Depends was in her luggage which, the way I understood it, the luggage was stored with the plane and not overhead. Tho I may be wrong on this one. But nonetheless, the security should have made sure the elderly woman had a fresh Depends on when she boarded. They are costly, but not that costly. The fuckers could have, and probably do have, a supply of them somewhere in the airport.
I think you could carry one in your purse. And why is it TSA's job to provide diapers, exactly???

You know, I am unconvinced, as I always have been, that these searches do any good. But I'd still not expect to breeze through with a soiled diaper any more than I'd breeze through with a stainless steel bra.

Give me a break.

the chemicals in an adult diaper turn into a gel when the wearer urinates. it is impossible for tsa to tell the difference between that and C4.

it sucks, but we know that terrorists don't discriminate in who they use to blow up stuff.

The TSA must be full of complete idiots then. I can tell the difference between the chemicals in a Depends and C-4.

actually, you're an idiot if you think you can.

good luck doing a chemical analysis while boarding 1,000 passengers.

I wouldn't need one. There is a significant difference between C-4 and sodium polyacralate that can is obvious to anyone with eyes, a nose, and the sense of touch.

They do not fit into a lady's purse, unless you use a small luggage bag as a purse.

Maybe she wasn't aware her Mother's Depends was wet?? How often does one have to check those things?? Every 5 minutes?? Once every hour?? What?? WHAT??

Because the Depends was in her luggage which, the way I understood it, the luggage was stored with the plane and not overhead. Tho I may be wrong on this one. But nonetheless, the security should have made sure the elderly woman had a fresh Depends on when she boarded. They are costly, but not that costly. The fuckers could have, and probably do have, a supply of them somewhere in the airport.
I think you could carry one in your purse. And why is it TSA's job to provide diapers, exactly???

You know, I am unconvinced, as I always have been, that these searches do any good. But I'd still not expect to breeze through with a soiled diaper any more than I'd breeze through with a stainless steel bra.

Give me a break.

Stainless steel bras are not necessary, the Depends was.
And it's not TSA's place to provide DEPENDS...it's not a damn diaper. But I know for a fact the airports do have baby diapers on hand, in case of an emergency (I have a friend who needed one once), they should think about maybe having an adult Depends handy, in case this happens again.

Give me a break.

Right on, Rav, is now supporting Bush policy to. Is there something in the water ?

Give me a break.

Right on, Rav, is now supporting Bush policy to. Is there something in the water ?

Where do you get the idea that I support it? I have been annoyed since they started making me remove my shoes. The entire program strikes me as a pander to the fearful masses.

I think the way everyone demonizes the employees of the TSA is ridiculous and that is mainly why I even bother with these threads.

the chemicals in an adult diaper turn into a gel when the wearer urinates. it is impossible for tsa to tell the difference between that and C4.

it sucks, but we know that terrorists don't discriminate in who they use to blow up stuff.

:rolleyes:

If given a choice, I would rather be confronted by a terrorists on a flight than have my government violate my constitutional rights in the name of protecting me.

you have no constitutional right to fly. you are also not protected from searches even if you did... you are only entitled to protection from UNREASONABLE searches.

feel free not to fly. i mean that with all sincerity. it's easy to be smug until you see your office hit by a plane.

Six year old girls have the right to not have there private parts rubbed up by sick old ladies. And air lines have NEVER had any right to search any one. They can only ask permission and go from there. Define unreasonable would you ?

I personally don't care who's administration put the security policies in order, at the time it was something the whole country seemed to be in support of until, of course, travelers were being 'so inconvenienced'. For the sake of love, peace, duty bound honor and such.... NO ONE doing their supportive service to this nation as it IS should be slaughtered by babbling bullshitters who seem to be biting the very hand that feeds them.

I personally don't care who's administration put the security policies in order, at the time it was something the whole country seemed to be in support of until, of course, travelers were being 'so inconvenienced'. For the sake of love, peace, duty bound honor and such.... NO ONE doing their supportive service to this nation as it IS should be slaughtered by babbling bullshitters who seem to be biting the very hand that feeds them.

I never liked where they were going. I did not like to see New York Cops on the news in the subway stations standing around with M-16's, or any other aspect of how everything want after 9/11.Bush saw an opportunity for the Government to remove some of our rights and asked us to sacrifice. Obama who promised to undo the patriot act, being no dummy, changed his mind and kept it for the same reasons. All thees measures and not one person can point to one TSA airport screener or there pat downs that has prevented a single terrorist act, Not one. not ever in almost 11 years. If they had, it would be all over the news and used to boost Bush's numbers when he was in office, and now Obamas numbers which are headed down the toilet.

Last edited:
I don't understand why national travelling has come to be such a focus when it seems more logical for the international ports/docks/gates (whatever) to be the focal point. I cannot slam on Bush but on the same note I will not slam on Obama. There are electronic/magnetic realms that are too easily manipulated it seems and for all the 'checkpoints' it seems to only imphasize how unprepared we collectively seem to be.

And the only plots that were discovered were after the fact. The shoe and underwear bombers caught in the act, not before. And TSA was powerless to stop either. One well positioned dog handler, a metal detector, and a profiler would be better. If the dog indicates, search what it indicates on, if some one looks suspicious, pull them into a room and search them.

They stop the 95 year old woman but let the underwear bomber through. What's wrong with this picture?

The underwear bomber boarded a plane from Yemen, not the USA, he landed here.

Thats right. TSA had nothing to to with it, and could do nothing about it. And Richard Reed ? I just cant remember. For some reason, I think he was flying state to state.

They stop the 95 year old woman but let the underwear bomber through. What's wrong with this picture?

Thats right. TSA had nothing to to with it, and could do nothing about it. And Richard Reed ? I just cant remember. For some reason, I think he was flying state to state.

If anything it shows that we have to do a better job screening planes that fly in from international destinations, obviously countries like Yemen are not going to screen for a fucking thing.

If anything it shows that we have to do a better job screening planes that fly in from international destinations, obviously countries like Yemen are not going to screen for a fucking thing.

True, and you can screen passengers without making them feel like rape victims, or like they are flying in the old soviet union.

Give me a break.

Where do you get the idea that I support it? I have been annoyed since they started making me remove my shoes. The entire program strikes me as a pander to the fearful masses.

I think the way everyone demonizes the employees of the TSA is ridiculous and that is mainly why I even bother with these threads.

Do you understand between demonizing a group of people and demonizing the agency they work for? If not, you are a hypocrite because you routinely demonize big businesses that do things you do not like.

Wrong.

The TSA imposes the same standards on every plane that flies into the US. They also receive the names of passengers on every US bound flight, and were warned about the underwear bomber, who bought a one way ticket, with cash, and had no luggage.

They let him fly anyway.

so if you know someone tried to plant a bomb in his underwear, then you understand that a bomb could be in an adult diaper.

thanks.

and they let the underwear bomber through because until then, they hadn't thought anyone would act in that manner. security is generally updated as things occur... same as wars always fight the last war...

Forum List

Back