TSA apology

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
The TSA has apologized for the out of the ordinary delay that resulted from the harassment of the mother who didn't want her breast milk x-rayed.

Nearly a year ago, a passenger going through airport screening on two separate occasions requested that her breast milk be visually inspected and not screened by the X-ray machine. She filed a complaint with TSA regarding her screening experience. TSA investigated the matter and sent a letter of apology to the passenger in March of this year. The passenger has flown since these events occurred and has provided TSA a written confirmation that she no longer experiences issues.

After the investigation, the officers received refresher training for the visual inspection of breast milk (an infrequently requested procedure). I’d like to reassure readers that while our top priority is to prevent a terrorist attack and to ensure that your family, friends and loved ones arrive safely at their destinations, we also strive to provide the highest level of customer service to all who pass through our security checkpoints. Our policies and procedures focus on ensuring that all passengers are treated with dignity, respect, and courtesy. We go to great lengths to train our security officers in the proper way to inspect individuals and their personal items.

We extend our sincere apologies to any passenger who may have experienced discomfort and inconvenience during the screening process. We appreciate hearing from passengers and
encourage you to share your experiences with us. We acknowledge this particular passenger experienced an out of the ordinary delay, and have worked with our officers to ensure we proceed with expediency in screening situations similar to this.

The TSA Blog: TSA Response to "TSA Breast Milk Screening" Video

I don't know about anyone else, but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to know that the TSA is so willing to retrain anyone who abuses their power and harasses the public. Not only that, they even apologize for it.

:cool:

Forum List

Back