Trump's Tariffs hurting American Manufacturing

If we really want to know what’s going on, let’s ask Putin what orders he gave Donald Trump.

All I have to go on are the monthly labor statistics reports which continuously show a healthy employment gain for manufacturing over the past year. While the statistics are national, not sure if the gains are concentrated to any region but will continue to assume the gains are spread nationwide. I suspect next year's election coverage will provide more details by individual states.

The Treasury is taking in record revenue from 6M new jobs....supply-side works if you can rein in the drunken sailors ie commiecrats and country club GOP.
Too bad 6 million were not created.
Where is your proof of this lie?

Steel manufacturing is increasing in the US bigly. Another year or so and we'll be kicking ass.

All I have to go on are the monthly labor statistics reports which continuously show a healthy employment gain for manufacturing over the past year. While the statistics are national, not sure if the gains are concentrated to any region but will continue to assume the gains are spread nationwide. I suspect next year's election coverage will provide more details by individual states.

The Treasury is taking in record revenue from 6M new jobs....supply-side works if you can reign in the drunken sailors ie commiecrats and country club GOP.

Bullshit. The Treasury took in less in 2018 than it did in 2017.

Monthly Treasury Statement

CY18 total tax revenue:$3,330,470,000,000
CY17 total tax revenue:$3,343,634,000,000

$13,164,000,000 less dollars despite all those new jobs.

numbers aren't RW's forte' - especially when they coincide with facts.

I caught up with a long time friend who lives & works in Canada. He sells drilling equipment to mines & quarries.

He told me that since Trump's tariffs, he only buys from the US that he absolutely can't get in other places. PCD bits that he used to buy from the US got to be too much of a hassle to import so he had to find other sources. He tried a Chinese made bit. It was more durable , lasted longer, and drilled just as well if not better than the one he was getting from the US. Business lost forever for the US manufacturer.

There is a manufacturer of these types of bits nearby that is owned by a foreign country. They had a huge backlog & one day it was gone. Pulled from this factory & sent elsewhere to be manufactured to avoid tariffs.

Really, is our steel industry so pathetic that it can't compete with the Canadians?

Trump did not put tariffs on US exports. What are you talking about>?

He invited retaliation. He was so fucking stupid he thought he could put sanctions without anyone returning the favor.
Show us your proof of this lie.
Canada hits US with retaliatory tariffs on metals, whiskey, maple syrup | DW | 29.06.2018

Now don't you feel like a complete moron.

Steel manufacturing is increasing in the US bigly. Another year or so and we'll be kicking ass.
united-states-steel-production.png

The Treasury is taking in record revenue from 6M new jobs....supply-side works if you can reign in the drunken sailors ie commiecrats and country club GOP.

Thank you for supplying actual facts. Trumpers will of course ignore them

They have been parroting the same lie about increased revenue ever since we had a record month in April. They did not realize that was from 2017 taxes being paid off to cover what payroll deductions didn’t cover

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

"Too much of a hassle" to import goods from the U.S. to freaking Canada? Give me a break. The GDP never even hit 3% in a yearly average in the eight freaking stagnant years of Obama and Trump had it at 4.1% in his first year. So called "experts" never complained about Obama's economy but the whine about Trump. We are barely into the 3rd year of the Trump administration and unemployment is at a historic low and confidence in the economy is high but (mostly) lefties are whining all over the place. The truth is that the left doesn't want the China tariffs to be successful nor do they want the U.S. economy to thrive under a republican administration.

Trump delayed the March 1st China tariffs, world markets are up on this news, as he is closer than ever to getting a more positive trade agreement with China.
Anti-Trumpsters are obviously, quaking in their boots.
:dance:

numbers aren't RW's forte' - especially when they coincide with facts.

It is fewer dollars. English is not your forte it seems.

I caught up with a long time friend who lives & works in Canada. He sells drilling equipment to mines & quarries.

He told me that since Trump's tariffs, he only buys from the US that he absolutely can't get in other places. PCD bits that he used to buy from the US got to be too much of a hassle to import so he had to find other sources. He tried a Chinese made bit. It was more durable , lasted longer, and drilled just as well if not better than the one he was getting from the US. Business lost forever for the US manufacturer.

There is a manufacturer of these types of bits nearby that is owned by a foreign country. They had a huge backlog & one day it was gone. Pulled from this factory & sent elsewhere to be manufactured to avoid tariffs.

Really, is our steel industry so pathetic that it can't compete with the Canadians?

Your a moron you know that. A tarriff wars take time to work and his has canada caved the European union cave and its looking like china is about to cave. This will all result in a increase of American products being sold world wide putting billions in american business.
You really have no clue whats going on do you

I'd normally agree with you, but not when the Debt is $22T and skyrocketing up.

True, but the debt is already past the line of demarcation....no way we can pay it down in time to stop it from crushing our society. We'll have to default....that will bring chaos in the world banking system short term but in the long term it's not only our best solution but our only solution...thanks to the commiecrats and the GOP who watched and did nothing but take their turn at the spigot.

The $22T can still be addressed w/o too much pain if the coxuckers tried. Otherwise I agree, it doesn't look good when the Fed Budget goes to zero except interest on the Debt. The fix I recommend is a 3% Fed sales tax and raising the tax on the top rate 7%. That gets the Budget to balance, then they need to actually cut spending to start paying down the Debt.
Here is the 2019 Federal Budget, $4.04T
Mandatory spending $2.74T
Social Security $878b
Medicare $625b
Medicaid $412b
Welfare $462b

Interest on the Debt $363b

Discretionary $1.3T
Defense $893.0b
HHS $70.0b
Education $59.9b
VA $83.1b
Homeland $52.7b
Energy Dept $29.2b
NNSA $15.1b
HUD $29.2b
State Dept $40.3b
NASA $19.0b
Foreign Aid $55.0b
All Other Agencies $78.1

Cut welfare, medicaid, defense, foreign aid, education and the $22T Debt starts going down

Aren't HHS and HUD kind of redundant?
Has Obama's program to subsidize welfare queens in million dollar homes been cut yet? That program was under HUD, which I believe Ben Carson is in charge of now.
That's ridiculous, Section 8 million dollar houses.
Taxpayers do not need to be buying people houses they can't afford.

Last edited:

so that's your fucking proof a friend of a friend told me.....

Matthew 7:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

so that's your fucking proof a friend of a friend told me.....

Matthew 7:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

I really don't really give a rat;s ass if you want to remain an ignorant fool all your life. I experience Trump's tariffs. I know what they cost US manufacturers.

And our great steel companies used the tariffs to raise their prices, not get more market share. Trump is a God damn idiot.

Your a moron you know that. A tarriff wars take time to work and his has canada caved the European union cave and its looking like china is about to cave. This will all result in a increase of American products being sold world wide putting billions in american business.
You really have no clue whats going on do you
You keep up this fool's hopes. No one has caved.

The current export market for US companies is not good. The dollar is too strong. We have retaliatory tariffs against us. Trump has insulted nearly every country on the planet.

Cool, a one off anecdote that you're pretending represents the entire manufacturing industry.

Tell me, how many manufacturing jobs have been created under Trump. And keep in mind that the left had you convinced years ago that these jobs were gone, never to return.
“Since 2010, job loss has abated and there has been modest recovery,” Hanson told us. “VP Pence is correct to say that manufacturing job growth is strong relative to what it has been this century. But ‘roaring back’ is a bit of an exaggeration as the sector, job wise, has fallen so far.”

Forum List

Back