Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
And US Taxpayers pick up the expense...

Trump's Sons Heading To Dubai As Business Interests Continue To Expand Overseas

Those expansions not only raise ethical questions about conflicts between Trump's role as president and as business owner but are generating concerns about costs to the U.S. taxpayers. The Trump sons get Secret Service protection, and their foreign business trips can be enormously expensive for their protective service, according to The Washington Post.

How did this sort of thing work when GHWB was American President? This because GWB and I think two of his brothers had business dealings that were through GHWB connections.

Those expansions not only raise ethical questions about conflicts between Trump's role as president and as business owner but are generating concerns about costs to the U.S. taxpayers. The Trump sons get Secret Service protection, and their foreign business trips can be enormously expensive for their protective service, according to The Washington Post.

How did this sort of thing work when GHWB was American President? This because GWB and I think two of his brothers had business dealings that were through GHWB connections.

I don't think it was the same. I don't think his brothers had secret service protection - I think it's only immediate family - the President, his wife and his children.

Did you think those sons were going to retire? The secret service gets paid no matter where they are.

Are the booze, cocaine and whore bills as high as they were during the obama years?

A project that's been in the works for 4 years and the only expense to the tax payers is for secret service protection which is provided for all presidents immediate families.

I don't think it was the same. I don't think his brothers had secret service protection - I think it's only immediate family - the President, his wife and his children.

"I think it's only immediate family - the President, his wife and his children."

Yes but when GHWB was President, his children would have had Secret Service Protection, his children being GWB, Jeb and whatever the other ones names are.

So President Trump's children also get Secret Service Protection.

"I think it's only immediate family - the President, his wife and his children."

Yes but when GHWB was President, his children would have had Secret Service Protection, his children being GWB, Jeb and whatever the other ones names are.

Did GWB and Jeb travel as extensively overseas? I don't recall that.

I thought there was a hiring freeze on federal employment. Did they hire extra Secret Service or just moved some personnel over from the counterfeit division who were sitting around waiting for somebody to computer generate a fake $ 20.00 bill?

I thought there was a hiring freeze on federal employment. Did they hire extra Secret Service or just moved some personnel over from the counterfeit division who were sitting around waiting for somebody to computer generate a fake $ 20.00 bill?

There's never a hiring freeze when it's really needed by really important people.

Yes, they did.

Did they at least fly coach?

They could have if they wanted to, no?

The funny thing is...the folks here defending it are the same one's condemning the Obamas for secret service costs....:lol:

There's never a hiring freeze when it's really needed by really important people.
So, the question remains: Did they hire extra Secret Service agents to cover the Trump children?

Are you kidding? Obama spent 85 million taxpayer dollars for his family to flit around the globe. Let us know when Trump exceeds that, because since you didn't bitch about the 85 million, that amount must be ok with you.

You're the ones who bitched about it - but Trump gets your free pass? How much did Obama rack up in his first month?

The funny thing is...the folks here defending it are the same one's condemning the Obamas for secret service costs....:lol:
Hmm.....I have never bitched about the Presidents protection. After all we're talking about a U.S. President even if I did not like his policies and politics.

Did they at least fly coach?

Actually, they flew in their own plane, and didn't charge the Secret Service for the ride.

Unlike Bill Clinton, who charges the USSS rent for an office in his home, and charges them rent for the bungalow out back where they stay..

Forum List

Back