Trump's Sons Heading To Dubai As Business Interests Continue To Expand Overseas

The funny thing is...the folks here defending it are the same one's condemning the Obamas for secret service costs....:lol:
Hmm.....I have never bitched about the Presidents protection. After all we're talking about a U.S. President even if I did not like his policies and politics.

Actually...we're talking about his children...

And US Taxpayers pick up the expense...

Those expansions not only raise ethical questions about conflicts between Trump's role as president and as business owner but are generating concerns about costs to the U.S. taxpayers. The Trump sons get Secret Service protection, and their foreign business trips can be enormously expensive for their protective service, according to The Washington Post.

How did this sort of thing work when GHWB was American President? This because GWB and I think two of his brothers had business dealings that were through GHWB connections.

I don't think it was the same. I don't think his brothers had secret service protection - I think it's only immediate family - the President, his wife and his children.

"I think it's only immediate family - the President, his wife and his children."

Yes but when GHWB was President, his children would have had Secret Service Protection, his children being GWB, Jeb and whatever the other ones names are.

So President Trump's children also get Secret Service Protection.

Did GWB and Jeb travel as extensively overseas? I don't recall that.
Jeb spent most of his time at home sleeping.

When you bitch about a Presidents vacation - a big part of the cost is Secret Service. Seems that the standard should be the same across all presidents. Right?

The funny thing is...the folks here defending it are the same one's condemning the Obamas for secret service costs....:lol:
Hmm.....I have never bitched about the Presidents protection. After all we're talking about a U.S. President even if I did not like his policies and politics.

Actually...we're talking about his children...
You are spinning it. Look at the chain of our correspondence and you will see I answered your post. Actually you are desperate in a losing battle.

When you bitch about a Presidents vacation - a big part of the cost is Secret Service. Seems that the standard should be the same across all presidents. Right?
It's not the individual ---- it's the location.

When Trump visits the Southern WH, or Camp David, or Reagan went to his CA ranch, or GWB went to Texas ranch, or FDR went to GA, the security screening was pretty much completed the first time. While there is undoubtedly some increased perimeter surveillance, the big expense of survey, implementation, and clearance for people in the immediate area is pretty much done only once.

When Obama went to Martha's Vineyard or Hawaii, I'm sure the same was the case.

However, when Michelle, her mama, the two kids, and 4 friends go on a jaunt to Europe, the security costs for the USSS are exponentially higher.

Those expansions not only raise ethical questions about conflicts between Trump's role as president and as business owner but are generating concerns about costs to the U.S. taxpayers. The Trump sons get Secret Service protection, and their foreign business trips can be enormously expensive for their protective service, according to The Washington Post.

How did this sort of thing work when GHWB was American President? This because GWB and I think two of his brothers had business dealings that were through GHWB connections.

I don't think it was the same. I don't think his brothers had secret service protection - I think it's only immediate family - the President, his wife and his children.

"I think it's only immediate family - the President, his wife and his children."

Yes but when GHWB was President, his children would have had Secret Service Protection, his children being GWB, Jeb and whatever the other ones names are.

And that would have what to do with Trumps family? The country knew all about the family business when Trump was elected.

Are you kidding? Obama spent 85 million taxpayer dollars for his family to flit around the globe. Let us know when Trump exceeds that, because since you didn't bitch about the 85 million, that amount must be ok with you.

Yep 85 million over 8 years. Trump has already spent about 12 million on trips to his place in Florida. Add the 35 million per month for extra security for his wife to live in New York, and at least 100,000 for each time one of his grown sons make a business trip over seas, there have already been several, How long do you think it will be before they match that 85 million? 4 months? 6?

I know its hard to understand but this is the sort of thing that happens with a healthy business, they expand or stagnate.
As far as i know its the SS job to protect the Presidents immediate family, your not saying that Eric and Jr. have no legitimate reason in making sure the company is thriving ?

Are you kidding? Obama spent 85 million taxpayer dollars for his family to flit around the globe. Let us know when Trump exceeds that, because since you didn't bitch about the 85 million, that amount must be ok with you.

Yep 85 million over 8 years. Trump has already spent about 12 million on trips to his place in Florida. Add the 35 million per month for extra security for his wife to live in New York, and at least 100,000 for each time one of his grown sons make a business trip over seas, there have already been several, How long do you think it will be before they match that 85 million? 4 months? 6?

You forgot to mention, Trump is actually making money off of this too... the tax payers are paying for Trump's protection costs that part of the cost is for his protection to stay at HIS PLACES that lines Trump's pockets.

Also, didn't I read somewhere that even if Trump's kids fly on his plane they HAVE to bill the government for it? So even if they fly on Trump's plane it isn't free.

"When he’s president, Donald Trump will fly on Air Force One. Which means the Boeing 757 that Trump owns through a holding company will be free for use by Ivanka, Melania, Eric, Donald Jr., or whomever else. And if Trump requests Secret Service protection for those people, he will probably get it. And when Secret Service agents fly alongside a protectee, they use their budget to pay airfare. Which in the case of a flight on the Trump jet would mean paying Trump for the seats on his plane."

Trump can now loot millions of dollars from the Secret Service with no disclosure

Trump doesn't need to take the salary as President, he's going to make money hands over fist off of tax payers in other ways.

Trump has gotten more done in four weeks than Obama's two terms so cut him some slack

I know its hard to understand but this is the sort of thing that happens with a healthy business, they expand or stagnate.
As far as i know its the SS job to protect the Presidents immediate family, your not saying that Eric and Jr. have no legitimate reason in making sure the company is thriving ?

At Trumps first press conference, he showed he gave up control of all Trump enterprises, handed control to his sons, and said he stopped all plans for expanding their overseas business.

Trump has gotten more done in four weeks than Obama's two terms so cut him some slack

Can you give an example?
The ICE raids were in the works under Obsama
The EO is stayed
His pick for NSA in turmoil
Nothing on Obamacare
Nothing on taxcuts

And actually records show Obama had more people deported than what Trump is on pace for, despite Trump bragging about the raids and saying how many have been done. The only big difference is, Trump's raids have rounded up and detained more innocent people than criminals compared to those done under Obama.

You forgot to mention, Trump is actually making money off of this too... the tax payers are paying for Trump's protection costs that part of the cost is for his protection to stay at HIS PLACES that lines Trump's pockets.

Also, didn't I read somewhere that even if Trump's kids fly on his plane they HAVE to bill the government for it? So even if they fly on Trump's plane it isn't free.

"When he’s president, Donald Trump will fly on Air Force One. Which means the Boeing 757 that Trump owns through a holding company will be free for use by Ivanka, Melania, Eric, Donald Jr., or whomever else. And if Trump requests Secret Service protection for those people, he will probably get it. And when Secret Service agents fly alongside a protectee, they use their budget to pay airfare. Which in the case of a flight on the Trump jet would mean paying Trump for the seats on his plane."

Trump can now loot millions of dollars from the Secret Service with no disclosure

Trump doesn't need to take the salary as President, he's going to make money hands over fist off of tax payers in other ways.

LMAO ---- just plain silly.

Have a nice day.

Trump has conflicts of interest coming out of every pore in his body. He only attacks countries that he has no assets in, like Mexico who is the second largest buyer of American products. You'll note he hasn't gone after China because he owns hotels there. He didn't ban Saudi Arabia or Jordan well known for attacking Americans because he is interested in expanding the empire there also.
Trump's Hotels In China Could Be A Conflict For The President-Elect
Here Are Some of Donald Trump's Middle East Business Ventures

Regardless putting these in his kids name is a freaking joke. He's still going to protect those assets. He's held hostage by so many foreign countries it's unbelievable.

Why in the HELL would anyone want to take on the hardest job in the world for FREE--LOL

And he probably wanted to expand the Trump empire into Russia also.
Donald Trump's Many, Many, Many, Many Ties to Russia

trump_stupid-stupid-people_091715.jpg

Trump has conflicts of interest coming out of every pore in his body. He only attacks countries that he has no assets in, like Mexico who is the second largest buyer of American products. You'll note he hasn't gone after China because he owns hotels there. He didn't ban Saudi Arabia or Jordan well known for attacking Americans because he is interested in expanding the empire there also.
Trump's Hotels In China Could Be A Conflict For The President-Elect
Here Are Some of Donald Trump's Middle East Business Ventures

Regardless putting these in his kids name is a freaking joke. He's still going to protect those assets. He's held hostage by so many foreign countries it's unbelievable.

Why in the HELL would anyone want to take on the hardest job in the world for FREE--LOL

And he probably wanted to expand the Trump empire into Russia also.
Donald Trump's Many, Many, Many, Many Ties to Russia

trump_stupid-stupid-people_091715.jpg

Perversion of the truth is a nasty business ... but you seem to have taken it to an art form.

You're the ones who bitched about it - but Trump gets your free pass? How much did Obama rack up in his first month?
I think Obam's total was over 100 million. We can compare month to month, or we can keep a running tab of Trump vacations and see who pisses away more of our paychecks on frivolity, if you like.

LMAO ---- just plain silly.

Have a nice day.

Nothing silly about it. The federal government is paying Trump Towers for rooms for the secret service to stay. They are talking about renting a whole floor for a year. The secret Service stay at Trump properties in Florida. The federal government pays for secret service to fly on Trump's plane... Trump is making a shit ton of money off of tax payers.

So OkTexas thinks my comment is funny... well here the FACTS. But then again facts never got in the way of a Trump supporter.

"
TRUMP: "We're actually taking people that are criminals, very, very, hardened criminals in some cases ... with a tremendous track record of abuse and problems, and we're getting them out and that's what I said I would do. ... And I said at the beginning, we are going to get the bad ones, the really bad ones, we're getting them out and that's exactly what we're doing."

THE FACTS: Officials said an operation that resulted in the arrest of more than 680 immigrants in various cities was a routine enforcement action like those undertaken during the presidency of Obama, who deported an unprecedented number of people as president.

More specifically, David Marin, Immigration and Customs Enforcement's field office director for enforcement and removal operations in greater Los Angeles, said the agency carries out such large-scale operations two or three times a year in his region. The California operation was in the planning stages "before the administration came out with their current executive orders," he said. More than 100 of the arrests were in the Los Angeles area.

The notion that raids have been stepped up under Trump has been advanced both by the White House, to show that Trump is keeping a promise, and by advocates of those who have been targeted, to illustrate what they call the new president's heavy-handed tactics. But statistical evidence has not come in to show that enforcement has surged under the new Trump administration or that actual deportations are up. A similar series of raids under Obama in March 2015 resulted in the arrest of more than 2,000 criminals, the government said at the time.

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly said: "ICE conducts these kind of targeted enforcement operations regularly and has for many years. The focus of these enforcement operations is consistent with the routine, targeted arrests carried out by ICE's Fugitive Operations teams on a daily basis."

It's possible, however, that the latest raids went beyond Obama's actions in arresting people without serious criminal records. Kelly said 75 percent of those arrested had been convicted of crimes. That still leaves many who were taken into detention without such records."

AP FACT CHECK: The audacity of hype

Are they forbidden to do so? Are they required to give up their lives and work because dad is a President?

Are you advocating that they should not have SS protection?

Forum List

Back