Trump’s Republican Enemies Threaten to Remain Enemies

Trump declared he's running again. Many Republicans aren't ready to back him. - CNNPolitics

How ironic that the same dipshits who didn’t back Trump the first time around are “wary” about supporting him the next time around.

How telling that CNN is shocked by this “news”!

Well, only suicidal republicans would be willing to openly back this plague on the oval office.

upload_2018-4-19_8-40-16.png

Trump declared he's running again. Many Republicans aren't ready to back him. - CNNPolitics

How ironic that the same dipshits who didn’t back Trump the first time around are “wary” about supporting him the next time around.

Corker was a huge supporter - then saw the chaos and the light.

“The president is very entrepreneurial,” Corker said. “He gets input at 11 o’clock at night, let’s say, comes in in the morning and he’s got a different mind-set.”

“You know, for the chief of staff it’s got to be a nightmare that at night there are people calling in from all over the country, he’s calling them, and the chief of staff doesn’t know they’re calling,” Corker said.

The senator observed that White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly does not vet the friends and associates from whom Trump solicits advice in the evenings, when the president often is in his private chambers watching cable news shows. By contrast, Corker said, “My staff spends the whole week making sure I’m meeting with people that are not crackpots.”

Corker admonished Trump for his attacks on the media as well as on the law enforcement community.

“I do not like the tearing down of institutions, and I’ve shared that with him,” Corker said. “I do not like it. I think that a continual tearing down of institutions in order to inspire your base and keep yourself protected with your base, to me, is damaging to our nation.”​

Corker decries Trump’s ‘constant chaos,’ denounces his attacks on media and FBI

Last edited:
Going through the campaign season in 2020 will, over the course of a couple months, bring essentially all Republicans into line. It happens this way with just about all incumbents. Nobody has any chance to defeat Trump in the Republican primaries. Except Trump himself.

It is shocking that they are shocked, it is as shocking as it was when they were shocked that Hillary did not win and as shocking as it was when they were shocked that The Donald won, it is literally that shocking how shocked they are :omg:

Going through the campaign season in 2020 will, over the course of a couple months, bring essentially all Republicans into line. It happens this way with just about all incumbents. Nobody has any chance to defeat Trump in the Republican primaries. Except Trump himself.
Yep. RNC has already fully put its money on the POTUS for a second term.

Well, only suicidal republicans would be willing to openly back this plague on the oval office.

View attachment 188876
Ad hominem.
No, it is not. Look up the term and how it is applied.

I don't agree that Trump's REPUBLICAN enemies remain his enemies. Trump has not remade the gop. Bannon's out. We don't have a Yuuge infrastructure program, nor is healthcare more cheaper and bigger.

Trump's only legislative accomplishment are two tax cuts aimed at the very wealthy. Trump has slowed regulations. Trump's embrace of Bannon's ideology was consistent with the Koch's ideology on regulations. And, the dollar is over 10% weaker than before, making our goods cheaper and their's not a cheap. (And China devalued the Yuen again) Good for domestic producers. And I'm not bitching about this other than the fact the tax cut is a long way removed from what a less coopted Paul Ryan and Rubio were touting a few years ago.

But anti-illegal immigration is not equal to White Supremacy. And expanding high tech immigration doesn't help US engineering grads. And I doubt there's much appetite in the gop for impeaching Trump if Cohen literally strongarmed some woman on whom Trump used a little bit too much force for bad sex twenty years ago. And Russia did help get him elected. There's no question about that, and the Trumpbots who deny it don't do him any favors. The question is whether Cohen was over there in Prague covering up what the Russians were up to. If there was "collusion" he needs to go. Russia is our enemy and a direct threat to our way of life.

And the question is what happens to the gop after Trump, because unlike Reagan or even Eisenhower, Trump is about one man, not party. So, I'm not surprised to see gopers not ready to lie down on their swords. And at the end of 18, the gop is at best 50% to hold the House, they won't have 60 senators.

"lie down on their swords"?

Not for Trump, mainstream GOPers won't defend the wall to the last man or woman.

Not for Trump, mainstream GOPers won't defend the wall to the last man or woman.
Ok I'll put up the Castellanos link. He predicts losing 50 House seats, btw. There are some colorful phrases. But the thing is, looking at losing 50 seats isn't really a reason to lie down on your sword. LOL

Trumpism Without Trump

But what he attempts to gloss over was Trump took over the gop because it was ideologically bankrupt ... and while he outlines a lengthy plan to remake the party, he really doesn't have shite. LOL

And he's already made great strides in that direction.

Ok I'll put up the Castellanos link. He predicts losing 50 House seats, btw. There are some colorful phrases. But the thing is, looking at losing 50 seats isn't really a reason to lie down on your sword. LOL

Trumpism Without Trump

But what he attempts to gloss over was Trump took over the gop because it was ideologically bankrupt ... and while he outlines a lengthy plan to remake the party, he really doesn't have shite. LOL
I agree with you, bendog. Perhaps I did not express well my distaste at anyone thinking that Trump "took over the gop . . . ideologically" not unless the GOP is big government, big spending, big expansion, and super Progressive, yes. :) The loss may be as many as 75 seats. America is pissed at Trump and those they consider his spear carriers.

If Trump makes it through his 1st term, which is highly doubtful, there is no way in hell that the Republican party wouldn't primary him for the nomination.

They know for certain that he would never win in a general election 2nd term.

If Trump makes it through his 1st term, which is highly doubtful, there is no way in hell that the Republican party wouldn't primary him for the nomination.

They know for certain that he would never win in a general election 2nd term.
Uh huh.
And how long have you morons been saying this?

Not surprisingly, the article is a disingenuous hit-piece by CNN. The responses I read from Republicans were that they were noncommittal on endorsing Trump for an election that is 2 years and 7 months away. That is the correct response. Of course, CNN is trying to spin it and mislead the reader.

New Topics

Forum List

Back