Trump's braggadocio and bravado may hide what is actually low self-esteem

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Did you watch the McDougal interview? I did.

Among the more telling things I took from her remarks is that Trump offered to pay her for spending time and having sex with her. The reason I found that telling is that she very clearly found him charming and attractive, and was genuinely quite taken with him. That he didn't pick up on that is at once surprising and then again not so surprising.

Surprising:
On the one hand, I'm amazed that a man who outwardly appears to think very highly of himself would presume that he should have to pay an attractive and pleasant woman for her company. I know that I've never thought that a woman whom I'd entreated for company (platonic or otherwise) was doing so only for monetary compensation. I'm not overly confident, but neither am I so oblivious to my own strengths and weaknesses that it'd cross my mind that I should be paying for a lady's company or that she'd expect me to do so.

That a man -- any man, but especially one of Trump's apparent social station -- would presume that payment is part of the deal, as it were, suggests he has a rather low sense of self-esteem re: himself as simply a man. As we all know, low self-esteem is the very opposite of the image Trump aims to portray of himself.
Not Surprising:
I suppose that extreme and superficially focused braggadocio and bravado such as Trump publicly projects suggests the very opposite of what's "inside," so to speak. I say "extreme" because while the world is full of very proud people, very few speak of themselves using the superlatives Trump customarily does.

Think about the most prideful folks in your life. Who among them seriously speaks of themselves using language like "the greatest," "the best," "only they can XYZ," etc? I don't know anyone who does that, to say nothing of knowing no leaders/principals who do it, and I only know of one person who does it, and that person is Donald Trump.
At the end of the day, I feel sorry for Trump. It seems he may perceive his worth as deriving from him financial status, and, frankly, if he does, he's probably right...he's going to, after all, know whether that's so more certainty than will and before nearly anyone else does. What's sad about it is that he's reputed to be an affable fellow, regardless of whatever shortcomings he has. Were he to humbly build on the strength of his charm, subdue his prideful excesses, and act to rectify his other shortcomings, he'd win over a hell of lot of folks. Charm plus humility are very powerful tools when deployed in concert, but they're no tool at all if one doesn't display them. Of course, to display them is present one's vulnerability, and yet doing that is what garners others trust.

Among the more telling things I took from her remarks is that Trump offered to pay her for spending time and having sex with her. The reason I found that telling is that she very clearly found him charming and attractive, and was genuinely quite taken with him. That he didn't pick up on that is at once surprising and then again not so surprising.

Surprising:
On the one hand, I'm amazed that a man who outwardly appears to think very highly of himself would presume that he should have to pay an attractive and pleasant woman for her company. I know that I've never thought that a woman whom I'd entreated for company (platonic or otherwise) was doing so only for monetary compensation. I'm not overly confident, but neither am I so oblivious to my own strengths and weaknesses that it'd cross my mind that I should be paying for a lady's company or that she'd expect me to do so.

That a man -- any man, but especially one of Trump's apparent social station -- would presume that payment is part of the deal, as it were, suggests he has a rather low sense of self-esteem re: himself as simply a man. As we all know, low self-esteem is the very opposite of the image Trump aims to portray of himself.
Not Surprising:
I suppose that extreme and superficially focused braggadocio and bravado such as Trump publicly projects suggests the very opposite of what's "inside," so to speak. I say "extreme" because while the world is full of very proud people, very few speak of themselves using the superlatives Trump customarily does.

Think about the most prideful folks in your life. Who among them seriously speaks of themselves using language like "the greatest," "the best," "only they can XYZ," etc? I don't know anyone who does that, to say nothing of knowing no leaders/principals who do it, and I only know of one person who does it, and that person is Donald Trump.
At the end of the day, I feel sorry for Trump. It seems he may perceive his worth as deriving from him financial status, and, frankly, if he does, he's probably right...he's going to, after all, know whether that's so more certainty than will and before nearly anyone else does. What's sad about it is that he's reputed to be an affable fellow, regardless of whatever shortcomings he has. Were he to humbly build on the strength of his charm, subdue his prideful excesses, and act to rectify his other shortcomings, he'd win over a hell of lot of folks. Charm plus humility are very powerful tools when deployed in concert, but they're no tool at all if one doesn't display them. Of course, to display them is present one's vulnerability, and yet doing that is what garners others trust.

Guys like Drumpf scream insecurity with every word and their body language. If he wasnt wealthy he wouldnt attract anything but someone hooked on meth.

The left do not understand how to debate. That's why they always have to disarm people. They are incapable of actually convincing people of anything.

Yep!
An 18 year old spreading her legs for money is mature enough to find a billionaire charming.

Surprising:

Not Surprising:

I do not detect low self esteem in Trump.

If anything he is narcissistic.

I do believe he is subconsciously insecure however.

He is afraid of failure.

He has experienced so much failure in his business career that he is afraid of failing on the national and international stage now.

That's how I read it.

Forum List

Back