Trumpcare has Arrived

So, being the petulant immature bully that he is, Trump is now ripping insurance away from the poor, which is actually a life and death matter. This, in spite of the fact that congress cannot repeal ACA, and every poll since his election verifies that most citizens do not want ACA repealed. In fact, if they did, Congress would not have had any problem repealing it. ACA has also been upheld by the Supreme Court, and passed by congress, and signed into law by a sitting president.

Then, just to piss off even more people, he is going to speak to a lesbian and gay hate group, which is part of the Family Research Counsel.

For the first time, I am starting to smell impeachment in the air...

ACA has also been upheld by the Supreme Court, and passed by congress, and signed into law by a sitting president.

Awesome! When did Congress appropriate the money for the subsidies?

If the law authorizing the subsidies are not legal, the constitution gives you a remedy of taking it to the supreme Court. That is what your 8th grade Civics class calls "separation of powers".

The law approves the payments subject to congressional appropriations, they didn't appropriate the money, your dear leader spent it anyway, that is what the court said was illegal. Do try to keep up.

..and from another RW nut, no link to a definitive legal decision.

YAWN.....

What we have here is, yet, another step taken by Trump to circumvent congress, and the courts, on his way to his goal of establishing a dictatorship. But, it ain't going to happen. Even his own party has turned against him. And, within less than 24 hours of his EO to cut off ACA reimbursements, no less than 12 states have announced that they will sue the federal government over this.

So, being the petulant immature bully that he is, Trump is now ripping insurance away from the poor, which is actually a life and death matter. This, in spite of the fact that congress cannot repeal ACA, and every poll since his election verifies that most citizens do not want ACA repealed. In fact, if they did, Congress would not have had any problem repealing it. ACA has also been upheld by the Supreme Court, and passed by congress, and signed into law by a sitting president.

Then, just to piss off even more people, he is going to speak to a lesbian and gay hate group, which is part of the Family Research Counsel.

What you're smelling is your own colon from having your head up your ass. These subsidies were never approved by congress and were ruled illegal by the courts. So you think you're going to impeach him for following the law?

Nope. Not ruled illegal by the courts.
Yep, it was.

Feel free to link at definitive court decision declaring ACA was illegal. By that, I mean an authority more binding than AM talk radio hosts.

Judge strikes down Obama health law insurance subsidy in victory for House GOP

What we have here is, yet, another step taken by Trump to circumvent congress, and the courts, on his way to his goal of establishing a dictatorship. But, it ain't going to happen. Even his own party has turned against him. And, within less than 24 hours of his EO to cut off ACA reimbursements, no less than 12 states have announced that they will sue the federal government over this.

You should really do a bit of research before making such a fool of yourself.

What you're smelling is your own colon from having your head up your ass. These subsidies were never approved by congress and were ruled illegal by the courts. So you think you're going to impeach him for following the law?

Yep, it was.

Feel free to link at definitive court decision declaring ACA was illegal. By that, I mean an authority more binding than AM talk radio hosts.

I have no idea what your source is trying to say, because they demand that I subscribe in order to read it. So, if something that law has declared illegal is going on, why hasn't the Trump people gone to the Supreme Court and have it stopped? Could it be that Donny has decided that he does not need no stinkin' judicial branch of government?

You should really do a bit of research before making such a fool of yourself.

Wow! Withe a rebuttal like that, I am left speechless with your logic and persuasive argument!

It'll be interesting to see whether he loses Congress at the next elections, he can't get things through Congress now. After if the Democrats control things, they'll take away his funding for other stuff and then it's all downhill.

Yep, it was.

I have no idea what your source is trying to say, because they demand that I subscribe in order to read it. So, if something that law has declared illegal is going on, why hasn't the Trump people gone to the Supreme Court and have it stopped? Could it be that Donny has decided that he does not need no stinkin' judicial branch of government?

From the link:

By Spencer S. Hsu, Greg Jaffe and Lena H. Sun May 12, 2016
A federal judge struck down a portion of President Obama’s signature Affordable Care Act health law Thursday, ruling that Obama exceeded his authority in unilaterally funding a provision that sent billions of dollars in subsidies to health insurers.

In a 38-page decision, U.S. District Judge Rosemary Collyer of the District put her ruling on hold pending the administration’s certain appeal. Her decision sided with the U.S. House of Representatives, which brought the lawsuit challenging more than $175 billion of spending after a party-line vote by House Republicans in July 2014.

The House GOP argued that the administration’s decision to subsidize deductibles, co-pays and other “cost-sharing” measures was unconstitutional because Congress rejected an administration request for funding in 2014. Obama officials said they withdrew the request and spent the money, arguing that the subsidies were covered by an earlier, permanent appropriation.
<<snip>>

Under the ruling, in order for the subsidy payments to be constitutional, Congress would be required to pass annual appropriations to cover the subsidies’ cost.

At stake is whether the subsidy “can nonetheless be funded through the same, permanent appropriation. It cannot,” Collyer wrote, referring to the provision in question.

BTW the decision was upheld in the appellate court.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see whether he loses Congress at the next elections, he can't get things through Congress now. After if the Democrats control things, they'll take away his funding for other stuff and then it's all downhill.

1. Congress can't get things through Congress...

2. Sliw down there, fridge...after loosong 1,000+ elections, after losing the House, after losing the Senate, after losing the WH ... try winning 1 election before getting carried awzy ...

... and pray Americans forget the last time you were in control and forgets the violence, intolerance, riots, arson, destruction of property, terrorism, looting, threatening Electoral College Voters, calls for military coups, calls for assassinations, attempts to carry out those assassinations, declared 100% commitment to obstruction, crimes, etc...

Yep, it was.

From the link:

A federal judge struck down a portion of President Obama’s signature Affordable Care Act health law Thursday, ruling that Obama exceeded his authority in unilaterally funding a provision that sent billions of dollars in subsidies to health insurers.

In a 38-page decision, U.S. District Judge Rosemary Collyer of the District put her ruling on hold pending the administration’s certain appeal. Her decision sided with the U.S. House of Representatives, which brought the lawsuit challenging more than $175 billion of spending after a party-line vote by House Republicans in July 2014.

The House GOP argued that the administration’s decision to subsidize deductibles, co-pays and other “cost-sharing” measures was unconstitutional because Congress rejected an administration request for funding in 2014. Obama officials said they withdrew the request and spent the money, arguing that the subsidies were covered by an earlier, permanent appropriation.
<<snip>>

Under the ruling, in order for the subsidy payments to be constitutional, Congress would be required to pass annual appropriations to cover the subsidies’ cost.

At stake is whether the subsidy “can nonetheless be funded through the same, permanent appropriation. It cannot,” Collyer wrote, referring to the provision in question.

So, again, Trump does not need no "stinkin'" Supreme court decision. He just assumed their roll and powers, like all dictators do.

Yep, it was.

From the link:

<<snip>>

So, again, Trump does not need no "stinkin'" Supreme court decision. He just assumed their roll and powers, like all dictators do.

The case only went as high as the appellate court. it wasn't appealed to the supremes. The courts declared the payments illegal, Trump is required to abide by their ruling, you're just pissed that Trump isn't as cavalier with the law as your dear leader.

Yep, it was.

From the link:

<<snip>>

"BTW the decision was upheld in the appellate court."

^ are you sure about that?

From the link:

<<snip>>

The case only went as high as the appellate court. it wasn't appealed to the supremes. The courts declared the payments illegal, Trump is required to abide by their ruling, you're just pissed that Trump isn't as cavalier with the law as your dear leader.

He's not only cavalier with the law, he doesn't know the law.

From the link:

<<snip>>

^ alternative facts.

From the link:

<<snip>>

Interesting spin. Trump has suddenly become extremely mindful of obeying the law of the land. Was that before, or after, threatening to yank broadcasting licenses of media that critisizes him? Could it be that Trump is cherry picking federal legal rulings? Maybe he has learned to pick his battles better after losing repeatedly over immigration restrictions. I am sure that he regrets the ruling that forbids him from pulling federal grants from sanctuary cities. Anyway, as I said, the law was passed by congress, and signed by President Obama, but Trump feels that it is not the duty of the Supreme Court to rule on it. He has decided to be his own supreme court. I guess that I am not too sorry about this. Yanking insurance away from 12 million poor people , simply because he has failed to get his "Terrific" new health care plan through congress, is going to drive a stake through his presidency. His immature temper tantrum is going to cost him "bigly" this time.

Yep, it was.

From the link:

<<snip>>

Obama exceeded his powers.

Due to his inability to pass healthcare reform to repeal and replace Obamacare Trump has decided to instead kill payments to insurers essentially guaranteeing that rates will go up across the board for everyone in this country.

"Two months ago, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that individual health plan premiums would be 20 percent higher than originally projected if the payments ceased. It also projected that premiums would be 25 percent higher than they otherwise would be by 2020, and that the federal deficit would be increased by almost $200 billion if the subsidies ended."

The Affordable Care Act can no longer be blamed for rising premium costs. This administration has failed and refused to run the ACA in the manner in which it was designed.

You can't take the wheels off a car and wonder why it doesn't drive.

What we have now is Trumpcare. Hope all of you that voted for him are happy now.

Obamacare bombshell: Trump kills key payments to health insurers

How stupid.
Some people just don't seem to be able to think things through before making dumb commits.
MSNBC was trying this also. Very stupid of them.
There is no trump care.
When congress passes something, then it can be called that.

Due to his inability to pass healthcare reform to repeal and replace Obamacare Trump has decided to instead kill payments to insurers essentially guaranteeing that rates will go up across the board for everyone in this country.

"Two months ago, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that individual health plan premiums would be 20 percent higher than originally projected if the payments ceased. It also projected that premiums would be 25 percent higher than they otherwise would be by 2020, and that the federal deficit would be increased by almost $200 billion if the subsidies ended."

The Affordable Care Act can no longer be blamed for rising premium costs. This administration has failed and refused to run the ACA in the manner in which it was designed.

You can't take the wheels off a car and wonder why it doesn't drive.

What we have now is Trumpcare. Hope all of you that voted for him are happy now.

Obamacare bombshell: Trump kills key payments to health insurers

How stupid.
Some people just don't seem to be able to think things through before making dumb commits.
MSNBC was trying this also. Very stupid of them.
There is no trump care.
When congress passes something, then it can be called that.
apropos dumb commits.

Yep, it was.

From the link:

<<snip>>

"BTW the decision was upheld in the appellate court."

^ are you sure about that?

Yep

Forum List

Back