Trump very unpopular with general electorate

From a recent AP poll.

Among all registered voters nationally, 6 in 10 say they have an unfavorable opinion of Trump and 54 percent say they wouldn't even consider voting for him in a general election. Perhaps most troubling for Trump is that he finishes at the bottom of the GOP field among Americans who are Hispanic, with just 16 percent viewing him favorably.​

AP Poll: GOP voters say Donald Trump can win in November

In other words, he is a gift to the DNC. Now you can understand Biden's excitement as he realized Trump will be the GOP nominee. CAN IT GET ANY BETTER?

From a recent AP poll.

Among all registered voters nationally, 6 in 10 say they have an unfavorable opinion of Trump and 54 percent say they wouldn't even consider voting for him in a general election. Perhaps most troubling for Trump is that he finishes at the bottom of the GOP field among Americans who are Hispanic, with just 16 percent viewing him favorably.​

The rcp average puts him only 2.8 points behind Clinton.

And we are still a long way out.

From a recent AP poll.

Yes we are.

But polls consistently show him trailing Clinton and consistently has all the highest negatives amongst the general population.

That, of course, may change.

Or, it may not.

Obama mostly led McCain and Romney up until this point as well, and won.

2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama | RealClearPolitics
2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama | RealClearPolitics

Compare that to Rubio, who consistently beats Clinton.

In the exit polls from SC, Rubio won winnability by a considerable margin. Trump won on identifying with voters issues.

From a recent AP poll.

Yes we are.

But polls consistently show him trailing Clinton and consistently has all the highest negatives amongst the general population.

That, of course, may change.

Or, it may not.

Obama mostly led McCain and Romney up until this point as well, and won.

2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama | RealClearPolitics
2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama | RealClearPolitics

In the exit polls from SC, Rubio won winnability by a considerable margin. Trump won on identifying with voters issues.

What is the point of electing a REpublican that will legalize tens of millions of illegals and thus ensure that he is the LAST republican president?

I wouldn't be surprised if he won less then 15% of the Hispanic vote come election time. The female vote is going to Hillary by over 15% and maybe 20%! ;)

What do you think this means?

Why do you think the Dems have not won the White VOte since Johnson?

Because the GOP is very good at distracting stupid white people from the screwing the 1% is giving them...

"Gee, why did my good paying job go to China?"

"Hey, that black lady is buying a steak with her EBT Card!!!"

"Why did they replace my good health plan with this crappy HMO!"

'Hey, those two queers are getting married!"

Started with Nixon's Southern Strategy, went on with Reagan's Welfare Queen, Bush' Willie Horton and Dubya's anti-gay marriage stance.

The problem with that thinking is right now, Rubio is "Generic Republican". Trump, carson, Bush and Cruz have gotten most of the attention up to this point.

When people hear about his coke-dealing BIL, his charging of personal expenses on GOP Credit Cards, his dodgy real estate dealings, I don't expect he'll hold up so well.

I wouldn't be surprised if he won less then 15% of the Hispanic vote come election time. The female vote is going to Hillary by over 15% and maybe 20%! ;)

What do you think this means?

Why do you think the Dems have not won the White VOte since Johnson?

Because the GOP is very good at distracting stupid white people from the screwing the 1% is giving them...

"Gee, why did my good paying job go to China?"

"Hey, that black lady is buying a steak with her EBT Card!!!"

"Why did they replace my good health plan with this crappy HMO!"

'Hey, those two queers are getting married!"

Started with Nixon's Southern Strategy, went on with Reagan's Welfare Queen, Bush' Willie Horton and Dubya's anti-gay marriage stance.

Got it. It's because the majority of whites are stupid and racist.

It couldn't be anything the DEMS are doing wrong, oh no.

:haha::haha::haha:

And yet, Trump's unpopularity is all based on him..

NOthing self serving there at all....:rofl:

The point is Trump. The far right loves his no take prisoners say it as he will and kick ass shtick. That's about 35% to 40% of the GOP and almost no one else in the electoral universe.

Caution: when any of us are citing polls, we should check and mention if those polls are in any way counting online polling. If so, we are probably looking at a more specific population than a more representative set of people being polled. I think both sides are using polls that are partially or online vehicles.

The point is Trump. The far right loves his no take prisoners say it as he will and kick ass shtick. That's about 35% to 40% of the GOP and almost no one else in the electoral universe.

Caution: when any of us are citing polls, we should check and mention if those polls are in any way counting online polling. If so, we are probably looking at a more specific population than a more representative set of people being polled. I think both sides are using polls that are partially or online vehicles.

rcp average puts him only 2.8% behind. That does not support your above numbers.

40% of the GOP is not 42.5% of the general voting population.

NOthing self serving there at all....

Yes, the majority of white people in this country ARE dumb and racist.

Otherwise, they'd realize that most of them are in the same boat as the black lesbian chick who works in the same department they do. Just one layoff from being totally screwed by the 1%.

But instead of blaming the 1% who have been screwing them since Nixon, they blame the minorities and the gays for wanting that little bit of scraps the 1% throw the rest of us.

Correll: more the rest of America starts paying attention, the more he will fall behind.

Sanity Speaking: You have only an average, and the problem with that is that you have not checked the viability of all the polls.

Last edited:

The problem with that thinking is right now, Rubio is "Generic Republican". Trump, carson, Bush and Cruz have gotten most of the attention up to this point.

When people hear about his coke-dealing BIL, his charging of personal expenses on GOP Credit Cards, his dodgy real estate dealings, I don't expect he'll hold up so well.

I know, right?

Rubio's a piker compared to the Clintons, with their $500k speaking arrangements, pardoning of fugitive traders who dealt with Iran, and multi-million dollar Whitewater deal.

NOthing self serving there at all....

Yes, the majority of white people in this country ARE dumb and racist.

Otherwise, they'd realize that most of them are in the same boat as the black lesbian chick who works in the same department they do. Just one layoff from being totally screwed by the 1%.

But instead of blaming the 1% who have been screwing them since Nixon, they blame the minorities and the gays for wanting that little bit of scraps the 1% throw the rest of us.

The majority of white people in this country are NOT dumb and racist.

THE Dems have been losing because they are NOT representing the interests of Americans or America in their polices or even celebrating Traditional American culture.

Correll: more the rest of America starts paying attention, the more he will fall behind.

Sanity Speaking: You have only an average, and the problem with that is that you have not checked the viability of all the polls.

THe more attention the rest of America starts paying the more they will get Trump's message straight from him instead of though the lying biased MSM.

If you think the rcp average is flawed you are welcome to explain to me what is wrong with it.

We can win in local elections, correll, but have not been able to in the national elections.

Trump will lose the WH as well as the Senate for the GOP.

THe more attention the rest of America starts paying the more they will get Trump's message straight from him instead of though the lying biased MSM.

If you think the rcp average is flawed you are welcome to explain to me what is wrong with it.
Already have and won't again. :popcorn:

We can win in local elections, correll, but have not been able to in the national elections.

Trump will lose the WH as well as the Senate for the GOP.

Possibly.

It may be the running on serving the interests of the American citizens is not a possible path to victory in today's America.

In which case, what's the point?

Already have and won't again. :popcorn:

So instead of replying to my point, you decide to blather.

Here for you.

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Latest Polls since Correll wants to use polls clearly reveals that Fox has HRC ahead by five and Quinnipac by one of Trump. Sanders is even more ahead than HRC in front of Trump. The more America is exposed to Trump the wider the margin in favor of the Dem candidate.

Forum List

Back