Trump Used Charity Donations For Personal Use -- Do You Care?

In the end this may become something Trump can run on. One of the points people who think we are over-governed make is that we have so many laws that a lot of people commit "crimes" without even realizing it. I italicise crimes not to lessen their seriousness, but to admit the fact that most of these things aren't criminal, but actually civil violations.

Except for when libs do it -- then its sinister and diabolical...

Conservatives do the same thing --- its a "ooopsies"

Then you wonder why corruption metastasizes -- because everyone feels the crimes are only crimes contingent on what letter is by the person's name.

Crimes. Your posts are felonious.

Trump stated this morning that Obama lost Crimea, which is true. Watch the Democratic media try to defend.

I am not a campaign strategist..

and when Russia invaded Georgia and took over South Ossetia -- Bush you can consider, lost that -- but he didn't, because no one would fight a war over something like that --- and no one would fight a war over Crimea

...but since you don't read other than for the purpose of "how can I use this to blame Obama for something" -- you will continue to make piss poor arguments that get destroyed daily..

...but my question is -- does it even matter? Meaning, should it even be illegal to use money you received thru your charity foundation for your own use??
Exactly, after all it is the CHRISTIAN thing to do! We see all the televangelists collecting money for "charitable" works and then use the money to buy themselves mansions, jet planes, Rolls-Royces, so if spending money on yourself collected for charity is doing God's work, why should it be illegal?

I would care if what you mentioned above didn't happen and if many "charities" didn't have sky high "administrative" costs and didn't pay their "CEOs" (not sure what they call them) a small fortune.

My wife cuts her hair once a year and donates it to cancer patients. It took more research than it should to find a charity that wasn't a scam.

Crooked Donald.....

d82d67d217eee11bc52c307a0aa2ba15.jpg

Then he would have lost his ass in court, right?

Wrong!

That would be our lovely 'deeper pockets' justice system Admiral.....???

~S~

Trump stated this morning that Obama lost Crimea, which is true. Watch the Democratic media try to defend.

I am not a campaign strategist..

and when Russia invaded Georgia and took over South Ossetia -- Bush you can consider, lost that -- but he didn't, because no one would fight a war over something like that --- and no one would fight a war over Crimea

...but since you don't read other than for the purpose of "how can I use this to blame Obama for something" -- you will continue to make piss poor arguments that get destroyed daily..

The Bush administration imposed sanctions on the Georgia action, which were revoked by the Obama Administration in May of 2010.

The facts are Obama imposed his chemical weapons "Red Line" in Syria in 2012, and in 2013 Syria used chemical weapons against their own civilians. Obama did nothing. Seeing that Obama was a roll-over pussy who would not take action, the Russians moved on Crimea confident that Obama would again do nothing, which he did.

The Bush administration imposed sanctions on the Georgia action, which were revoked by the Obama Administration in May of 2010.

The facts are Obama imposed his chemical weapons "Red Line" in Syria in 2012, and in 2013 Syria used chemical weapons against their own civilians. Obama did nothing. Seeing that Obama was a roll-over pussy who would not take action, the Russians moved on Crimea confident that Obama would again do nothing, which he did.
So now it makes sense to re-admit Russia into the G7 even though they were kicked out due to Crimea?? Because that is being tough on them over Crimea? Ok skippy.

and those sanctions Bush imposed were weak and they were lifted to get Russia to lean heavier on Iran for the denuke negotiations --- but we forgot that giving up concessions during the negotiations is only good if Trump does it...

It must hurt your brain to be a Trump supporter -- of your throat

Another crime that should also not matter much is murder -- as in, if Clinton was able to get away with murdering people for decades all the way up to the recent murder of Seth Rich --- Why shouldn't Trump be able to murder anyone, especially if he is doing it to protect his presidency?

After all, they didn't care when Hillary did it, why care now?

I see what you're doing here!:1peleas:

The Trump Foundation's Violations of the Law - The Atlantic

I am sure most of you know by now about the New York AG's lawsuit against the Trump foundation -- people who support trump will call it fake news or deep state conspiracy -- people who are anti-trump will say this proves he is corrupt and its just part of a long history of corruption.

...but my question is -- does it even matter? Meaning, should it even be illegal to use money you received thru your charity foundation for your own use??

Take for instance the Clinton foundation -- yea, they supposedly have been investigated and audited numerous times -- but do you really believe the Clintons are not using the money from that foundation for their own personal enrichment?? and if they were, do you really care?

So if it is the case that Trump used charity donations under the guise of giving money to military vets but then pocketing that money for his own personal benefit -- should that even be illegal? Especially if the person is in a really important position that is critical to the country?
OMG.

Look at your post. What kind of person are you?

Lets go over the points:

What kind of person asks a question like that?

Take for instance the Clinton foundation -- yea, they supposedly have been investigated and audited numerous times -- but do you really believe the Clintons are not using the money from that foundation for their own personal enrichment?? and if they were, do you really care?

Why bring up the Clintons. Their financials are on line which I've posted links to many times. Why the diversion?

So if it is the case that Trump used charity donations under the guise of giving money to military vets but then pocketing that money for his own personal benefit -- should that even be illegal? Especially if the person is in a really important position that is critical to the country?

You think Trump is critical to the country but soldiers and veterans aren't?
This is why I could never be a Republican. They have no conception of the difference between right and wrong.

I am sure most of you know by now about the New York AG's lawsuit against the Trump foundation -- people who support trump will call it fake news or deep state conspiracy -- people who are anti-trump will say this proves he is corrupt and its just part of a long history of corruption.

Holy crap, how can you possibly start a thread like this and not mention the Clintons?

Holy crap, how can you possibly start a thread like this and not mention the Clintons?
Republicans have been going after the Clintons with unlimited government money since they started their Foundation. A foundation that has received an A rating and has helped hundreds of millions of people.

The Trump foundation is facing millions in a civil suit and has been referred to Federal and State prosecutors for criminal charges and has already admitted guilt. Why is this the same to you?

What i would want to know first is if these are actual crimes, or just procedural issues that are being blown out of proportion for political reasons.

It would also be interesting to see if the Clinton foundation did the same thing or not.
Well from what I read, I guess they are saying that he used donation funds to pay for his legal bills and campaign expenses which under state and federal law -- is illegal -- but not in the sense anyone should go to jail.

We will never know until the Clinton foundation is investigated what crimes they committed, but we do know they committed crimes -- not saying they haven't already been investigated -- but since those investigations turned up no evidence of crimes --- that is just more reason to investigate them --

Sessions announced a new round of investigations at the beginning of the year -- no word yet on what they have found.

If Sessions doesn't charge Hillary with something --- that is just more reason to prove that she is guilty and is being protected
Something is wrong with you.

Since years of investigating the Clintons with unlimited tax payer dollars turned up no evidence of crimes then that must prove guilt? Pure nonsense.

And your other statements:

What kind person wonders aloud why collecting money for veterans and then spending it for their own personal benefit is wrong. Questions whether or not it should be illegal.

Philosophically there is actually very little written on the difference between right and wrong because it's assumed that people with morals would just automatically know. I don't know if you really can't tell the difference or you believe you are indulging in satire.

Either way, it's not funny.

No one cared when the clintons were doing this. Why should we care now if this happens now under trump?
I will go one step further -- should it even be illegal?

For instance, lets say I successfully tap into people's patriotism enough to get them to donate to wounded vets -- but I use all of that money for myself.

Why should that be illegal? Why shouldn't I be able to reap the benefits of my marketing skills and expertise?
The foundation paid out more money to vets than they took in. So....

Filthy Don is the man who brought the University Scam and $25M lawsuit. Of course he's a swindling punkazz who love to use other peoples money to pay his bills. And he's a WELCHER!

Then again, the WeakWhyte Supremacists allow his to grab their puzzies, CONSTANTLY. So there's that. :113:

Filthy Don is the man who brought the University Scam and $25M lawsuit. Of course he's a swindling punkazz who love to use other peoples money to pay his bills. And he's a WELCHER!

Then again, the WeakWhyte Supremacists allow his to grab their puzzies, CONSTANTLY. So there's that. :113:
Republicans don't really have a problem with scamming the elderly and veterans.

No one cared when the clintons were doing this. Why should we care now if this happens now under trump?
I will go one step further -- should it even be illegal?

For instance, lets say I successfully tap into people's patriotism enough to get them to donate to wounded vets -- but I use all of that money for myself.

Why should that be illegal? Why shouldn't I be able to reap the benefits of my marketing skills and expertise?
The foundation paid out more money to vets than they took in. So....
Are you talking about the money he was forced to pay out because he promised and then reneged?

using donations and defrauding people who signed up at Trump U is what he does in life ... lie, steal, and cheat its what crooks do - hes damn crook.

it shouldn't be illegal -- we should be allowed to do whatever we want if it means acquiring wealth -- if I have the marketing skills and savvy that allows me to be able to influence people to donate money to my cause -- that should definitely not be illegal.

If people feel they were fleeced by me -- they should be a better job of not getting fleeced in the future -- the free market will remedy the situation in time.

Do you work for a 'too big to fail' bank perhaps?

:coffee:

Forum List

Back