Trump TV: Trump’s Campaign Just Launched A Live Nightly News Show

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
580ea34a1800002e00dc3eb0.png

Donald Trump’s presidential campaign on Monday began airing a live nightly video news program, fanning speculation that Trump may seek to capitalize on his supporters’ zeal by launching a media network after November’s election.

“This is an effort to bring our message directly to you. You don’t have to take it through the media filter and the spin they put on it,” said Cliff Simms, the Trump adviser who co-hosted the program, which was broadcast on Facebook. “We plan to do this each and every night.”

Co-host Boris Epshteyn, a senior adviser to Trump, insisted the Trump-focused news show was not a test run for anything else. “The left-wing media’s even trying to spin this, believe it or not,” Epshteyn said. “They’re saying, well this is ‘Trump TV.’ That’s not what this is. This is our campaign, and most importantly, our candidate being out there and speaking directly to the voters.”

Two weeks ago, the Financial Times reported that Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, publisher of the New York Observer, had met with a boutique media deal-making firm about launching a television network.

And an August report in The New York Times indicated that Trump and Kushner had “quietly explored becoming involved with a media holding, either by investing in one or by taking one over.”

Trump last month denied having had any talks about starting a media company, but eyebrows were raised when, ahead of last week’s final presidential debate, his campaign produced a live program on Facebook starring former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R).

As it turns out, based on Monday’s announcement, that was just a pilot. The show aired from what hosts described as the “war room” inside campaign headquarters at Trump Tower in New York. It kicked off with an interview featuring campaign manager Kellyanne Conway and later cut to Tomi Lahren, a conservative commentator with Glenn Beck’s “TheBlaze.”

Without a debate to stir interest, ratings were down. The audience for Wednesday’s show peaked at 200,000 people, according to Politico. Monday’s program began with just shy of 60,000 viewers, and within 30 minutes half the audience had moved on.

Trump’s scathing attacks on reporters and news outlets have been a staple of his rallies for months, and on Monday he alleged that the media was releasing “dark” and “phony” polls in order to “suppress the vote” of his supporters.

“The media isn’t just against me. They’re against all of you,” Trump shouted to cheers at a Florida rally. “They’re against what we represent.”

Donald Trump's Campaign Just Launched A Live Nightly News Show

Well, this is certainly one way to avoid fact-checking and reputable journalists asking pesky questions about reality.

Last edited:
580ea34a1800002e00dc3eb0.png

Donald Trump’s presidential campaign on Monday began airing a live nightly video news program, fanning speculation that Trump may seek to capitalize on his supporters’ zeal by launching a media network after November’s election.

“This is an effort to bring our message directly to you. You don’t have to take it through the media filter and the spin they put on it,” said Cliff Simms, the Trump adviser who co-hosted the program, which was broadcast on Facebook. “We plan to do this each and every night.”

Co-host Boris Epshteyn, a senior adviser to Trump, insisted the Trump-focused news show was not a test run for anything else. “The left-wing media’s even trying to spin this, believe it or not,” Epshteyn said. “They’re saying, well this is ‘Trump TV.’ That’s not what this is. This is our campaign, and most importantly, our candidate being out there and speaking directly to the voters.”

Two weeks ago, the Financial Times reported that Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, publisher of the New York Observer, had met with a boutique media deal-making firm about launching a television network.

And an August report in The New York Times indicated that Trump and Kushner had “quietly explored becoming involved with a media holding, either by investing in one or by taking one over.”

Trump last month denied having had any talks about starting a media company, but eyebrows were raised when, ahead of last week’s final presidential debate, his campaign produced a live program on Facebook starring former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R).

As it turns out, based on Monday’s announcement, that was just a pilot. The show aired from what hosts described as the “war room” inside campaign headquarters at Trump Tower in New York. It kicked off with an interview featuring campaign manager Kellyanne Conway and later cut to Tomi Lahren, a conservative commentator with Glenn Beck’s “TheBlaze.”

Without a debate to stir interest, ratings were down. The audience for Wednesday’s show peaked at 200,000 people, according to Politico. Monday’s program began with just shy of 60,000 viewers, and within 30 minutes half the audience had moved on.

Trump’s scathing attacks on reporters and news outlets have been a staple of his rallies for months, and on Monday he alleged that the media was releasing “dark” and “phony” polls in order to “suppress the vote” of his supporters.

“The media isn’t just against me. They’re against all of you,” Trump shouted to cheers at a Florida rally. “They’re against what we represent.”

Donald Trump's Campaign Just Launched A Live Nightly News Show

Well, this is certainly one way to avoid fact-checking and reputable journalists asking pesky questions about reality.

There are no reputable journalists. This election has proven that.

If media outlets refuse to bring proper coverage, this has to be done.
I'm sure soon into his Presidency Trump would decide that all the media outlets refuse to bring proper coverage. Everything will be much easier when Trump TV is the only news outlet allowed to operate in the newly "great" America.
Are these the words of a Clinton News Network consumer?

I'm sure soon into his Presidency Trump would decide that all the media outlets refuse to bring proper coverage. Everything will be much easier when Trump TV is the only news outlet allowed to operate in the newly "great" America.
Is that one of the organizations you don't think cover the "proper" narrative? I'm sure Trump will get rid of them for you.

Yep, Trump TV can now inject their shit directly into the mushrooms without all those pesky media people in the middle. Like North Korean TV.

Is that one of the organizations you don't think cover the "proper" narrative? I'm sure Trump will get rid of them for you.
I am just curious if it is more a problem for you Americans or for us. For both of us, that´s for sure, but whom is Hillary going to bomb and terrorize?

I am just curious if it is more a problem for you Americans or for us. For both of us, that´s for sure, but whom is Hillary going to bomb and terrorize?
Unknown. Trump, however, has embraced a vendetta against browns, Muslims, and Americans. You fall under any of those categories?

Unknown. Trump, however, has embraced a vendetta against browns, Muslims, and Americans. You fall under any of those categories?
That claim has to be verified in the first place. I don´t see Trump being against any nationality, color or religion. My roots are not entirely German, but entirely European. In fact, my father is a Spaniard. So if I was American, he was maybe Texan.

If they want his base to watch all they have to do is run a loop of him being disgusted by things and calling people bad names.

Anyone else notice that the 3 "news anchors" for the Trump network just happen to be the top 3 mouthpieces for his campaign?

Yeah..............sure.............THOSE people are gonna tell the truth..................

Forum List

Back