Trump to US governors: Treat me nicely or your people will suffer.

Former president Donald Trump routinely forced governors to grovel and beg him personally for federal aid following natural disasters, according to a forthcoming book by a pair of New York Times reporters.

According to a copy of This Will Not Pass: Trump, Biden, and the Battle for America’s Future obtained by The Independent ahead of its’ 3 May release date, authors Jonathan Martin and Alex Burns learned from Maryland Governor Larry Hogan that Mr Trump had a policy which stated that only Texas and Florida — two states with GOP governors he considered to be close allies — would receive federal aid when needed without question.

Mr Hogan told the authors that Mr Trump required the other 48 governors of American states to direct their requests to him personally.

“You have to call and ask me nicely,” he recalled Mr Trump saying.

In other words, Trump was holding the American people hostage if a governor did not bend the knee after a natural disaster.

It shows just how little respect Trump had for the average American and the rule of law.

With Trump it was either grovel or be spit upon. That attitude especially applies to all his supporters.

This is typical behavior of an authoritarian.

In Trump's world it was all about personal power and all others be damned.

Trump's attitude: Please me or suffer.
Are you talking about Blue state governors who locked down their states and killed small business? The ones who killed seniors by sending Covid to nursing homes instead of hospitals? Why would they be nice to Trump when they hate their own citizens?

And you're a knukle dragging faggot.
Trump is the one who has problems with men. He wants to make them grovel.
He's compelled to dominate or attack. There's some psycho sexual component in that and it's not wholesome

Trump is the one who has problems with men. He wants to make them grovel.
He's compelled to dominate or attack. There's some psycho sexual component in that and it's not wholesome
Because the cancel culture that you knuckle dragging faggots embrace never ever involves forcing people to grovel before you.

GTFO, after you remove that plank from your own eye.

Because the cancel culture that you knuckle dragging faggots embrace never ever involves forcing people to grovel before you.

GTFO, after you remove that plank from your own eye.
I'm not a faggot or a knuckle dragger. Why would you want to humiliate another person or make them grovel? Think about that.

He made Cali Gov call him for help when the state was burniing down. I remember that. he fucked Puerto Rico over as well.
He did? Please provide a link to where Trump held aid to Cali until the governer called him. I've read they spoke on the phone but the articles didn't say who called who or that the call was a requirement to get aid.

Former president Donald Trump routinely forced governors to grovel and beg him personally for federal aid following natural disasters, according to a forthcoming book by a pair of New York Times reporters.

Really? You couldn't find a more untrustworthy news source than the NYT?

If Trump did anything, he simply asked for the same respect that is naturally accorded any executive officer but which they get WITHOUT ever having to ask for it.

According to a copy of This Will Not Pass: Trump, Biden, and the Battle for America’s Future obtained by The Independent ahead of its’ 3 May release date, authors Jonathan Martin and Alex Burns learned from Maryland Governor Larry Hogan that Mr Trump had a policy which stated that only Texas and Florida — two states with GOP governors he considered to be close allies — would receive federal aid when needed without question.

Mr Hogan told the authors that Mr Trump required the other 48 governors of American states to direct their requests to him personally.

In other words, Trump was holding the American people hostage if a governor did not bend the knee after a natural disaster.

It shows just how little respect Trump had for the average American and the rule of law.

With Trump it was either grovel or be spit upon. That attitude especially applies to all his supporters.

doosh

Trump has real problems with men. He needs to dominate and humiliate them. I knew this when he came down the escalator.

Forum List

Back