Trump to sign order keeping meat processing plants open

Is it hypocritical to support Trump's new order that these meat processing businesses stay operational while at the same time protesting the large number of other elected governors, judges, mayors, and city council members around the country ordering so many draconian measures to keep coronavirus under control with many of those orders and mandates having questionable legality or constitutionality? If those questionable mandates using questionable authority from state level politicians are concerning for so many people then shouldn't mandates from the federal government, in this case the executive branch, be a cause for concern as well?
Meat is important to the US economy; it is not essential to anyone's diet unless an MD says so.
sure it is essential. it provides protein. We are a meat eating animal. you think a tiger or lion can exist without meat?

View attachment 329631
thanks, one cat. One. when in the real world

I was only addressing your comment that they couldnt exist to show you they can and do,,,
I said thanks. but One. One
one that we know of,,,where theres one there are usually more,,,
well it is illegal to hold a wild animal. but I bet the tiger king just fed them tigers straw. bankrupted himself buying meat. but yep, that seems to be the new standard huh? vegan tigers. it's all over the news.
that wasnt my point,,,and its not illegal to hold/own a wild animal which is obvious due to so many people owning them,,,

To own a wild animal, you must be licensed to do so in most states.
hence,,,not illegal,,,

It is illegal to possess a wild animal without a license, dumbass! You can't go down to your local zoo and pick up a tiger cub.
so they are legal to own,,,thanks for confirming that for me,,,

I keep forgetting that English is your second language and that "dumbass' is what you speak at home.
are you saying they are illegal to own???

cause you just said they are legal with proper papers???

you need to make up your mind,,,

If that is too hard to figure out, go get a child to explain it to you!
youre the one that seems confused not me,,,

It seems you have a problem with "legal" and "illegal". Marijuana is illegal in the United States yet how many states authorized it's sale? Is it legal or illegal?
but big cats are not illegal to own,,,,many people in the country own them legally,,,
Why don't you get back on topic so you can be wrong about that instead?
youre the one that came at me,,,so why dont you get back on it,,,

You lied. Is that so hard to understand? I am done. You aren't worth the effort.
what did I lie about???
big cats are not illegal to own,,,
you said yourself you can own them,,

Trump has done well in responding to the Wu Flu; his decision TODAY to declare meat processing facilities essential AND ordering them to stay open may damn well prevent the supply chain from being irreparably damaged!

we are already looking at inflation, rising energy costs and food costs -- keeping production open as much as possible is a big step for the safety, security and well being of the country

and yes, Trump is allocating safety equipment for the industry! We were looking at possible food shortages; this was a great move by the President today

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will sign an executive order Tuesday meant to stave off a shortage of chicken, pork and other meat on American supermarket shelves because of the coronavirus.

The order will use the Defense Production Act to classify meat processing as critical infrastructure to keep production plants open.

The order comes after industry leaders warned that consumers could see meat shortages in a matter of days after workers at major facilities tested positive for the virus. A senior White House official said the administration was working to prevent a situation in which a majority of processing plants shut down for a period of time, which could lead to an 80% drop in the availability of meat in supermarkets. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the order before its release.

Sure. Nothing like completely botching the response to the virus, touting miracle cures, and then ultimately demanding that people who work shoulder to shoulder in some of those plants be forced back to work. All in an effort to save your worthless presidency so some Trump supporter can get their frozen chicken nuggets. WTF.
/——/ DemocRATs screeching there was nothing to worry about in January blotched the response. Trump acted quickly.

Trump has done well in responding to the Wu Flu; his decision TODAY to declare meat processing facilities essential AND ordering them to stay open may damn well prevent the supply chain from being irreparably damaged!

we are already looking at inflation, rising energy costs and food costs -- keeping production open as much as possible is a big step for the safety, security and well being of the country

and yes, Trump is allocating safety equipment for the industry! We were looking at possible food shortages; this was a great move by the President today

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will sign an executive order Tuesday meant to stave off a shortage of chicken, pork and other meat on American supermarket shelves because of the coronavirus.

The order will use the Defense Production Act to classify meat processing as critical infrastructure to keep production plants open.

The order comes after industry leaders warned that consumers could see meat shortages in a matter of days after workers at major facilities tested positive for the virus. A senior White House official said the administration was working to prevent a situation in which a majority of processing plants shut down for a period of time, which could lead to an 80% drop in the availability of meat in supermarkets. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the order before its release.

Sure. Nothing like completely botching the response to the virus, touting miracle cures, and then ultimately demanding that people who work shoulder to shoulder in some of those plants be forced back to work. All in an effort to save your worthless presidency so some Trump supporter can get their frozen chicken nuggets. WTF.
/——/ DemocRATs screeching there was nothing to worry about in January blotched the response. Trump acted quickly.
Repeat the mantra...Liberals are Mentally Ill, Liberals are Mentally Ill, Liberals are Mentally Ill, etc...

Folks - get back on topic please. For the uninformed - it's Trump's order to keep meat packing plants open.

And then there are figs!

Let 'em eat figs!

To have figs to eat you gotta have fig pluckers. But where are the fig pluckers to pluck figs for your family table?

We need a rallying cry!

Chant like a Democrat:

Where are the country's fig pluckers
who should be plucking figs?

Must our nation draft fig
pluckers to pluck America's figs?

Maybe demand our Representatives

go and pluck a fig!

Forum List

Back