Trump to release opioid epidemic plan on Monday that includes death penalty

Oh great, more incentive for drug dealers to kill cops. I hope this includes big pharma executives.

This is basically going to be Trump v. the Courts again, isn't it? He makes an executive order, they strike it down, he whinges and moans because he thinks the executive is higher up than the judiciary, and then makes a new executive order which gets struck down again.

Hmm...sounds familiar, when did that happen before, oh yeah, it was the guy with big ears.

Oh boy another loon who has made up an imaginary Obama presidency.

Dumbass....
Obama Weak in Court Upholding Executive Actions

Not exactly. Most conservative opinion about Obama is fake news.

Wow, talk about an imagination...or way too many drugs.

The funny thing about this... watch how it is worded. Let's see if it is like the original war on drugs where the laws are weighted towards drugs that are more often sold and used by Blacks than whites. Crack used to have harsher laws than cocaine despite them being basically the same drug, only difference is crack is cut and cheaper so it is more often used by Blacks, whereas cocaine is a higher class drug more often used by whites.

It is pretty real where I live. My sister in law died from a heroin overdose.
As mentioned, the so-called "opiate epidemic" is in fact increased heroin addiction.

My husband was addicted to legally prescribed opiates to the point where I kept an overdose kit on hand.
Your husband was an addictive personality (a recognized condition) who might have graduated to heroin. Everyone who uses prescribed opiates does not become compulsively addicted. I've been taking 5mg Percocet 3x day for the past eight years to control pain from herniated cervical vertebrae. No compulsion, no problems.

It is not Reefer Madness though that was a hysterically funny movie.
That movie was inspired by the absolutely fanatical persecution of marijuana which was manifest in exactly the kind of hysterical nonsense which presently is being promoted as an "opioid epidemic." The marijuana panic doesn't work anymore and is being replaced.

Just consider the fact that over 80% of all law enforcement activity in the U.S. is drug-related, which is clearly known to be counter-productive and severely wasteful. Drug abuse is a medical problem, not a criminal justice problem. But a lot of money is being made by some via this monumental waste.

He seems stuck in the past imo. Or he likes Dutarte.
I am baffled as to the reason behind Trump's extreme position on drugs. It is completely out of character for him.

My pro-Trump attitude derives almost totally from his position on Muslim migration, which causes me to ignore other things which I normally would disapprove of. But this utterly fanatical disposition on drugs is exceptionally negative.

I
I am baffled as to the reason behind Trump's extreme position on drugs. It is completely out of character for him.

My pro-Trump attitude derives almost totally from his position on Muslim migration, which causes me to ignore other things which I normally would disapprove of. But this utterly fanatical disposition on drugs is exceptionally negative.
Think it because he sees America of 40 yeats ago as ideal. It is reflected in his trade policies as well.

and an obsession with muslims to the point where you support the cheeto is a positive?

:lol:

Somebody needs to get a handle on the opioid epidemic after the stagnation of the Hussein administration. Maybe threatening the death penalty will wake some lefties up, or maybe not.

I

Think it because he sees America of 40 yeats ago as ideal. It is reflected in his trade policies as well.

the america of 40 years ago pretty much sucked.

There is some risk that a death penalty for drug dealers will discourage liberal judges from finding anyone guilty. After all, dead liberal Democrats don't vote-------well........except, of course, in Chicago!

Oh great, more incentive for drug dealers to kill cops. I hope this includes big pharma executives.

President Trump on Monday will release a plan to combat the opioid epidemic that includes the controversial move to use the death penalty for some drug dealers.

Maybe 100 cops are killed each year in h line if duty. Thy kill over 1000 annually. We don't need the death penalty for drug dealers

About 200 Americans die every day thanks to drug dealers.

President Trump on Monday will release a plan to combat the opioid epidemic that includes the controversial move to use the death penalty for some drug dealers.

He's trying to emulate his hero Dutarte.

Dutarte is not the only one. Singapore also has similar policies and drug use has been drastically slashed.

Today, about 200 Americans die every day of over doses and it is just getting worse.

America needs a change.

I don't see Trump advocating Dutarte policies of killing drug dealers without due process, but it is evident to me that the death penalty for those proven guilty in a court of law is just as in need of the death penalty as a mass murderer like Manson.

Then again, looney tune California let him retire at the age of 90 instead of the death penalty.

Go figure.

I

the america of 40 years ago pretty much sucked.
No

Forum List

Back