Trump to release opioid epidemic plan on Monday that includes death penalty

Nothing is going to work if you don't tackle the underlying problems that are driving it. And a return to the War on Drugs doesn't do that. It was a flat out failure of policy.
Absolutely correct! The problem is a public health problem. And those problems are resolved by understanding the cause, taking measures to reduce the outbreak and utilizing the health care network to divine solutions.

Treating drug addiction as a criminal matter has never ever worked. Why keep falling back on unsuccessful tactics?

The problem with this is it requires politicians too look at reality and try and make the US a better place.

They don't want to do that. They want to win elections and keep their careers going.

This is why the FPTP system in the US is so broken it's killing the US.

This so-called "opoid epidemic" is bullshit. It is the official replacement for Reefer Madness, which has played out and doesn't work anymore.
Nothing is going to work if you don't tackle the underlying problems that are driving it. And a return to the War on Drugs doesn't do that. It was a flat out failure of policy.
Absolutely correct! The problem is a public health problem. And those problems are resolved by understanding the cause, taking measures to reduce the outbreak and utilizing the health care network to divine solutions.

Treating drug addiction as a criminal matter has never ever worked. Why keep falling back on unsuccessful tactics?
Are you denying the existence of an opioid epidemic?

Spend much time in an ER lately? Talk to a lot of cops and EMTs? Read your local paper at all?

Oh great, more incentive for drug dealers to kill cops. I hope this includes big pharma executives.

Trump to release opioid epidemic plan on Monday that includes death penalty
President Trump on Monday will release a plan to combat the opioid epidemic that includes the controversial move to use the death penalty for some drug dealers.

This is basically going to be Trump v. the Courts again, isn't it? He makes an executive order, they strike it down, he whinges and moans because he thinks the executive is higher up than the judiciary, and then makes a new executive order which gets struck down again.

Hmm...sounds familiar, when did that happen before, oh yeah, it was the guy with big ears.

Oh boy another loon who has made up an imaginary Obama presidency.

Dumbass....
Obama Weak in Court Upholding Executive Actions

Not exactly. Most conservative opinion about Obama is fake news.

President Trump on Monday will release a plan to combat the opioid epidemic that includes the controversial move to use the death penalty for some drug dealers.
I've been solidly behind Trump but this move has caused me to stop and think. It points to a serious flaw in his character.
It's amazing that this isn't what made you think there is a serious flaw in Trump's character! But no matter how you got there, it's refreshing to see you made it.

I've been solidly behind Trump but this move has caused me to stop and think. It points to a serious flaw in his character.
It's amazing that this isn't what made you think there is a serious flaw in Trump's character! But no matter how you got there, it's refreshing to see you made it.

Says the far left drone that follows what their rich white far left religious figures tell them to do.

Anyone that voted for Hilary has no leg to stand on.

Spend much time in an ER lately? Talk to a lot of cops and EMTs? Read your local paper at all?
Yes. I am denying the existence of an opioid epidemic. I believe what we're seeing is a rise in heroin addiction.

Says the far left drone that follows what their rich white far left religious figures tell them to do.

That's incredibly stupid. Following forty years of failed policy is also incredibly stupid.

And as there are 3,000,000 more people who voted for Sec. Clinton than Donald Trump, you are shutting out the majority whose opinion differs from yours. Again, incredibly stupid.

But we've come to expect nothing less of you.

So do you think drug dealers should be allowed to kill America’s Children? Yes or No.
That's ridiculous logic.

I don't want my house broken into, but I don't want to execute burglars. I don't want drunk drivers killing innocent victims. But who wants to hang drunks by the neck until dead?
Hey! I happen to think that a drunk person who gets behind the wheel of a car and drives it while intoxicated and kills someone has knowingly committed first degree murder!
Then it's a good thing you are not directly involved in the criminal justice system! How do you Purpose to prove intent?

Knowingly committed first degree murder. Shut up.

Who are you responding to?
Willowtree

Ok that explains it. I have them on ignore. I thought you were responding to me because you posted right after I did.

Yes. I am denying the existence of an opioid epidemic. I believe what we're seeing is a rise in heroin addiction.
And what would cause such a rise?

Maybe consider the over prescription of opioid based pain medication and theaddictive effects of that medication. Consider once the prescription runs out, alternative opioids, e.g. Heroine can be the only viable substitute for that opioid based pain medication.

Addiction is not a character flaw. Addiction is a medical state of being that must be addressed rationally.

That's ridiculous logic.

I don't want my house broken into, but I don't want to execute burglars. I don't want drunk drivers killing innocent victims. But who wants to hang drunks by the neck until dead?
Hey! I happen to think that a drunk person who gets behind the wheel of a car and drives it while intoxicated and kills someone has knowingly committed first degree murder!
Then it's a good thing you are not directly involved in the criminal justice system! How do you Purpose to prove intent?

Knowingly committed first degree murder. Shut up.

Who are you responding to?
Willowtree

Ok that explains it. I have them on ignore. I thought you were responding to me because you posted right after I did.
No sweat, Lew.

By the way, I like your avatar. I have one just like it on my car.

That's incredibly stupid. Following forty years of failed policy is also incredibly stupid.

And as there are 3,000,000 more people who voted for Sec. Clinton than Donald Trump, you are shutting out the majority whose opinion differs from yours. Again, incredibly stupid.

Yes and you still voted for Hilary and the far left!

You still support the horrid far left policies.

And once again you show that anyone that supported Clinton does not have a leg to stand on.

And once again you show that anyone that supported Clinton does not have a leg to stand on.
You don't seem to understand precisely what 'incredibly stupid' means.

My fault. I should have anticipated that.

You don't seem to understand precisely what 'incredibly stupid' means.

My fault. I should have anticipated that.

Yes and you are a prime example of it, just keep posting and show us all what that means.

Silly far left drone!

And what would cause such a rise?

Maybe consider the over prescription of opioid based pain medication and theaddictive effects of that medication. Consider once the prescription runs out, alternative opioids, e.g. Heroine can be the only viable substitute for that opioid based pain medication.

Addiction is not a character flaw. Addiction is a medical state of being that must be addressed rationally.

It's not only that. It's that the government is now punishing people that are actually in pain, because of the fake Pain clinics that were prescribing hundreds of pills to people that would pay with cash, that weren't really in pain, so that they could just drive home and resell the pills they just got. So now people who really need the medication, can't get it, so they turn to stuff like heroin and other stuff to take its place. So you have people that used to be able to manage their pain and still live their lives, turned into junkies that are in constant trouble with the law. It's sad.

I was in a car accident back in 2005 and have two herniated discs in my lower back along with stenosis, that causes nerve pain down both of my legs. I had a neurosurgeon tell me to use pain management until I can't walk before getting back surgery. Problem is, they keep making it harder and harder to get relief. I've had all the treatments including get numerous shots in my back. The only thing that works is the meds. I would never do heroin or anything like that, but I can understand why some people in a lot of pain would.

Oh so drug dealers can kill as many children as they like right? No problem.

I don't think killing drug dealers is going to help keep kids safe. Mostly because it's not going to stop the sale of drugs.

The war on drugs has worked soooooo well...let's repeat it.

Trump will also call on Congress to pass legislation reducing the threshold amount of drugs sold that are required to invoke mandatory minimum sentences for drug traffickers “who knowingly distribute certain illicit opioids that are lethal in trace amounts.”

And lets once again fill our jails with non violent offenders..like that has ever helped change anything.
Well then, keep doing your opioids, wind up dead and do not expect the taxpayer to bail you out. If you want drug dealers to kill your children then that’s on you.

I don't do opioids.

So do you think drug dealers should be allowed to kill America’s Children? Yes or No.
We already have laws against killing children.

He seems stuck in the past imo. Or he likes Dutarte.

This so-called "opoid epidemic" is bullshit. It is the official replacement for Reefer Madness, which has played out and doesn't work anymore.

It is pretty real where I live. My sister in law died from a heroin overdose. My husband was addicted to legally prescribed opiates to the point where I kept an overdose kit on hand.

It is not Reefer Madness though that was a hysterically funny movie.

A new war on drugs! that is what we need right now! 2.16 trillion dollar deficit this year was not enough for Trump, he wants it even bigger

Forum List

Back