Trump to halt ObamaCare subsidies: Report

If people want Obamacare they can keep it.. :lol: .. it just won't be subsidised and they're welcome to pay full price.

The massive Obamacare tax credit subsidies are unaffected. And, the cost-raising regulation is also unaffected. Seriously, you think Trump eliminated Obamacare subsidies? Dumb, dumb. That's not even a passing thought for most Republicans.

Well according to CNN, he is killing Obamacare subsidies. Got information to the contrary? It's the tax credit subsidies he's killing. That's the only subsidies there are.

Understanding Obamacare Subsidies

If you’re a low- or middle-income individual or family, you may be eligible to save money thanks to the Affordable Care Act (ACA) subsidies (also referred to as “Obamacare” subsidies or advanced premium tax credits). These government premium tax credits are designed to help you pay for health insurance coverage.

Look like what Trump is killing.

Trump kills key Obamacare subsidies: What it means

Last edited:
Well according to CNN, he is killing Obamacare subsidies. Got information to the contrary? It's the tax credit subsidies he's killing. That's the only subsidies there are.

I don't know much Obamacare, etc. But, I know a lot about the sh1tiness of politicians. It's incredible to me that Trump would want to, or that he could, end tax credit subsidies for Obamacare. Also, the news articles refer to "cost-sharing" not "premium tax credits." If they're the same thing, then the news reporters are universally incompetent.

If people want Obamacare they can keep it.. :lol: .. it just won't be subsidised and they're welcome to pay full price.

The massive Obamacare tax credit subsidies are unaffected. And, the cost-raising regulation is also unaffected. Seriously, you think Trump eliminated Obamacare subsidies? Dumb, dumb. That's not even a passing thought for most Republicans.

Read the thread and Airplanemechanic has you pretty well educated .. if that's possible...

Don't worry about your favorite insurance company fat cat's and lobbyists, they're rolling in profits from Obamacare.... :wink_2:

Let me get this straight... You're saying that government was running the phone company? And then they split it because of the monopoly they had over it?

No, there was only one entity, AT&T, that was broken up into regional companies. But with the rise of cellular networks, we've returned to a state where there are just a small handful of companies that control the overwhelming majority of market share. It's what's commonly referred to as an oligopoly.

When you say people, who are you thinking of? Obviously not me, since I am now, more than ever convinced that ACA has to go and let the free market do its way.

You don't even seem to have an idea of what "free market health care" actually means. What does it mean in your world?

First of all, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

The subsidies for individuals to purchase insurance aren't going away. In fact, there will be more subsidies because the cost of insurance is increasing thanks to Trump not making CSR payments. The CSR payments are what is being taken away, and those payments defray the cost of insurance for the insurers. Taking those away will force an increase to premiums, which forces an increase to subsidies for those who qualify. Getting rid of CSR only increases premium costs for those who don't qualify for subsidies - so everyone whose income is above 433% the poverty level, and everyone who falls into the Medicaid gap will see their premiums go up by as much as 25% next year.

Why should taxpayers support a 4+ billion dollar profit to Democrats favorite insurance fat cats and political contributors?

You're the ones who have taken more HIPAA money than the Democrats. Secondly, all you're doing is spiking costs for those who don't qualify for insurance, and spiking subsidies for those who do. That's how repealing this part adds to the deficit. You have to spend more on subsidies for people to buy insurance because you've increased the cost of insurance thanks to getting rid of CSR payments.

Stupid, stupid, stupid move on your part.

He eliminated CSR payments which will cause premiums to increase. But the subsidies for people to buy insurance will increase too, meaning more spending on subsidies for health insurance, and an increase in premiums for everyone whose income is 433% above the poverty level, and those in the Medicaid gap.

This was the dumbest thing Trump could have done because all it does is prove that which most of is already knew; insurance companies cannot provide universal coverage and remain profitable. So since everyone needs health care, and insurance companies cannot deliver that health care, a single payer now makes the most sense.

Trump's base is paying for their healthcare only now it will be cheaper and what they want.

Nope. In fact, it's going to increase their costs if they don't get subsidies by as much as 25%. So if the Trump voter makes above 433% of the poverty level, or falls in the Medicaid gap, their premium costs will rise.

Let me get this straight... You're saying that government was running the phone company? And then they split it because of the monopoly they had over it?

No, there was only one entity, AT&T, that was broken up into regional companies. But with the rise of cellular networks, we've returned to a state where there are just a small handful of companies that control the overwhelming majority of market share. It's what's commonly referred to as an oligopoly.

My question was, "is government's business to sell the phone services?"

You replied, "It actually was that way for many years, then it wasn't thanks to the breakup of Ma Bell..."

Then I asked you again "You're saying that government was running the phone company?", and you replied with something totally unrelated to the questions.

You would look smarter if you didn't say anything.

When you say people, who are you thinking of? Obviously not me, since I am now, more than ever convinced that ACA has to go and let the free market do its way.

You don't even seem to have an idea of what "free market health care" actually means. What does it mean in your world?

Riiiiight. There is leftist telling me that I don't know what the free market is.

Are you high?

You replied, "It actually was that way for many years, then it wasn't thanks to the breakup of Ma Bell..."

What I meant was that government protected that monopoly. Until it didn't. Then it didn't, things were OK for a while until cellular networks began to appear. Then we fell into oligopoly.

Riiiiight. There is leftist telling me that I don't know what the free market is.Are you high?

Well, you're the ones all addicted to heroin and opioids, so if there's anyone addicted to drugs here, it's the angry, stupid, white Trump voter.

Why don't you tell us what you think a "free market health care system" actually looks like. Because I doubt you've given it much thought.

Riiiiight. There is leftist telling me that I don't know what the free market is.

Beyond the slogan, you don't seem to know what you mean. Merely vomiting out "free market" is not the answer unless you go into more detail about what "free market" actually means when it comes to health care. Because the system prior to Obamacare was not free market at all.

You first have to enroll in an insurance plan before you get to pick your doctor from those who accept your plan. That's "free market" how, exactly?

What I meant was that government protected that monopoly. Until it didn't. Then it didn't, things were OK for a while until cellular networks began to appear. Then we fell into oligopoly.

That's true, until antitrust laws.

You should've said that. I commented on what you wrote, not on what you meant.

All clear.

Forum List

Back