Trump to allow imports of African elephant trophies

and the IVORY , Dead Elephants provide ivory and i have no problem with that Ivory being sold .
That is what reopened the floodgates and made poaching jack way up again, though. It seemed reasonable to make use of the ivory from legally killed elephants. But reintroducing ivory to the legal market immediately caused poachers to start killing elephants again and sending their ivory, too.
So I'm not sure this would be a good idea. Maybe it's fine, but I wouldn't want to see it escalating poaching.

The sad reality is the only places that have healthy elephant populations are those that allow hunts. Eco hunters don't pay even one tenth what a real hunter will pay for an elephant. In the long run it helps far more elephants than it harms.
The problem is that elephants live in intergenerational family units. They are long lived, slow to msture and highly intelligent. Older ones teach younger ones and knowledge gets passed down through generations.

We have no business killing such creatures for sport. If there were no market for dead elephant parts there would be no value in poaching. Now we are opening the market again to poorly regulated indistry. :(

All of that is true, but as a person who has lived and worked in Africa for years at a time, I can tell you that in areas where hunting is allowed the elephant population is doing OK. Not great mind you, but OK. Where hunting is outlawed they are nearing extinction. It's as simple as that.
I understand their conservation is a complicated matter....but perhaps we could stop short of allowing their severed heads to be brought back :(

it's part of the reason these guys(and occasional girl) spend $100k-$300k on a valid permit.
Tough shit then. As it is they are still spending it even though they can’t bring dismembered bodies home.

The sad reality is the only places that have healthy elephant populations are those that allow hunts. Eco hunters don't pay even one tenth what a real hunter will pay for an elephant. In the long run it helps far more elephants than it harms.
The problem is that elephants live in intergenerational family units. They are long lived, slow to msture and highly intelligent. Older ones teach younger ones and knowledge gets passed down through generations.

We have no business killing such creatures for sport. If there were no market for dead elephant parts there would be no value in poaching. Now we are opening the market again to poorly regulated indistry. :(

All of that is true, but as a person who has lived and worked in Africa for years at a time, I can tell you that in areas where hunting is allowed the elephant population is doing OK. Not great mind you, but OK. Where hunting is outlawed they are nearing extinction. It's as simple as that.
I understand their conservation is a complicated matter....but perhaps we could stop short of allowing their severed heads to be brought back :(

it's part of the reason these guys(and occasional girl) spend $100k-$300k on a valid permit.
Tough shit then. As it is they are still spending it even though they can’t bring dismembered bodies home.

Emotion is expected in this situation, but if you really want to save these herds, what is the big deal about some guy having his trophy?

Is he going to put a gun to your head and force you to admire it in his den?

Emotion is expected in this situation, but if you really want to save these herds, what is the big deal about some guy having his trophy?

Because it is barbaric. You are killing a highly evolved intelligent animal. For money.

Should we go back to sticking human heads in poles?

Emotion is what this type of hunting is. It is a misplaced sense of bravado that sticks dismembered animal parts on the wall. Do you when emotion isn’t involved or is tempered by rationality? People who hunt and eat it.

Killing any living creature for pleasure is, IMO, pathological. That picture of the assholes son disgusted me.

Last edited:

Killing any living creature for pleasure is, IMO, pathological. That picture of he assholes son disgusted me.
‘I agree. I am not against hunting per se...but killing for the “joy” of killing something you will not eat and is not threatening you is abhorrent.

Because it is barbaric. You are killing a highly evolved intelligent animal. For money.

Emotion is what this type of hunting is. It is a misplaced sense of bravado that sticks dismembered animal parts on the wall. Do you when emotion isn’t involved or is tempered by rationality? People who hunt and eat it.

HOw is it misplaced? Hunting is a skill, not to mention getting the money to afford such hobbies.

Killing any living creature for pleasure is, IMO, pathological. That picture of the assholes son disgusted me.

Hunting is a natural and healthy instinct. Being ashamed of it, is pathological.

Do you eat meat?

Killing any living creature for pleasure is, IMO, pathological. That picture of he assholes son disgusted me.
‘I agree. I am not against hunting per se...but killing for the “joy” of killing something you will not eat and is not threatening you is abhorrent.

Under what moral code? Certainly not any traditional Western system of morality I know of.

Hunting is a natural and healthy instinct. Being ashamed of it, is pathological.

Do you eat meat?
Do the Trumps eat elephants and lions?

Do you eat meat?
Do the Trumps eat elephants and lions?

I doubt it. Why do you ask?

Do you eat meat?

I do eat meat. If I had to kill for food I would. BUT I would take no pleasure in doing so.

Of course you missed my point, whether by your biases or your stupidity is open to question, for some - I know you are both biased and dumb.

Do you eat meat?

I do eat meat. If I had to kill for food I would. BUT I would take no pleasure in doing so.

Of course you missed my point, whether by your biases or your stupidity is open to question, for some - I know you are both biased and dumb.

What is wrong with you?

I got your point.

My POINT was that killing of animals is completely normal in our society. We kill them by the millions as part of normal every day living.

That we have other people do it, so we don't do it personally, does not make us any less a party to it.

A fair number of my friends are or were hunters. They are good people, who have or had a hobby they enjoyed.

When they talk they focus on the difficulty in hunting the animals they hunt, and not on any enjoyment in the act of "killing".

Do you understand the concept of other people being different than you?

Trump's sons see one thing in common with all these beautiful animals,

elephant-siblings-francis-garrard.jpg

cheetah-african-wildlife-940x624.jpg

African-Wildlife-Foundation-3.png

oryx___african_wildlife___horned_line_up_by_livingwild-d834kd7.jpg

A-Brief-Guide-to-South-African-Wildlife.jpg

CdrRTDVUsAAhIBB.jpg

They look better dead.
Cry us a river... lol

trump-sons.jpg

Of course he is. Clearly, we can see why.

Maybe because he is a grown up.

These hunters pay ridiculous amounts of money to big game hunt. It keeps populations under control and actually funds the conservation activities.

While I disagree will killing these beautiful animals for sport, THEY DO MORE FOR CONSERVATION THEN USELESS LIBERALS LIKE YOURSELF

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Many of the animals are endangered.
:fu:

Do you eat meat?

So you pay for someone else to kill meat for you?
And criticize someone that does not? You sir are a hypocrite and a Cowardly fuck.... :lmao::fu:

trump kills elephant on Twitter
trump kills elephant - Twitter Search
om
(@oliviamunn)

Trump has decided killing elephants is ok. Elephants are kind, intelligent and devoted to their families. Lifting the ban only puts them in further danger. Trophy hunting of any kind should not be allowed and does not aid in conservation. Leave the elephants alone. #NotUs pic.twitter.com/ACu4s1j…
3 hours ago · Tw
:boohoo:
Maybe if elephants thanked trump he's take it easy on them?

HOw is it misplaced? Hunting is a skill, not to mention getting the money to afford such hobbies.
Hunting is a means of obtaining food. No more. No less.

Hunting is a means of obtaining food. No more. No less.
Hunting is the most noble of sports... It’s the most legit too

Forum List

Back