Trump Threatens to Withdraw Endorsement of 'Disappointing' Mo Brooks

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Donald Trump says he might not endorse Mo Brooks in his U.S. Senate campaign after the Alabama representative told voters to put 2020 claims of voter fraud "behind you."

Brooks was one of the first federal legislators to support Trump's effort to overturn the 2020 election. But at an August 21, 2021, rally, Brooks told supporters: "There are some people who are despondent about the voter fraud and election theft in 2020. Folks, put that behind you. Put that behind you. Yes. Look forward, look forward, look forward. Beat them in 2022, beat them in 2024."

The crowd began to boo Brooks before he added, "All right, well, look back at it, but go forward and take advantage of it."

After the rally, Brooks backpedaled, writing on Twitter, "The 2020 election was fraught with voter fraud & election theft on a massive scale. If only legal votes cast by eligible American citizens were counted, Trump won the election."
Nevertheless, seven months later, Trump expressed displeasure with Brooks' comment. "Mo Brooks is disappointing, Trump told The Washington Examiner in a Tuesday interview. "I'm determining right now, has Mo Brooks—has he changed?"

"I'm disappointed that he gave an inarticulate answer, and I'll have to find out what he means," Trump continued. "If it meant what he sounded like, I would have no problem changing [my endorsement] because when you endorse somebody, you endorse somebody based on principle. If he changed that principle, I would have no problem doing that."

You gotta give Trump credit, he knows how to keep these spineless, coward ass Republicans in line.

Donald Trump says he might not endorse Mo Brooks in his U.S. Senate campaign after the Alabama representative told voters to put 2020 claims of voter fraud "behind you."

Brooks was one of the first federal legislators to support Trump's effort to overturn the 2020 election. But at an August 21, 2021, rally, Brooks told supporters: "There are some people who are despondent about the voter fraud and election theft in 2020. Folks, put that behind you. Put that behind you. Yes. Look forward, look forward, look forward. Beat them in 2022, beat them in 2024."

The crowd began to boo Brooks before he added, "All right, well, look back at it, but go forward and take advantage of it."

After the rally, Brooks backpedaled, writing on Twitter, "The 2020 election was fraught with voter fraud & election theft on a massive scale. If only legal votes cast by eligible American citizens were counted, Trump won the election."
Nevertheless, seven months later, Trump expressed displeasure with Brooks' comment. "Mo Brooks is disappointing, Trump told The Washington Examiner in a Tuesday interview. "I'm determining right now, has Mo Brooks—has he changed?"

"I'm disappointed that he gave an inarticulate answer, and I'll have to find out what he means," Trump continued. "If it meant what he sounded like, I would have no problem changing [my endorsement] because when you endorse somebody, you endorse somebody based on principle. If he changed that principle, I would have no problem doing that."

You gotta give Trump credit, he knows how to keep these spineless, coward ass Republicans in line.
You're wasting your breath. Alabama people of all walks are some of the smartest people in the world, and nobody can fool them any more after what they've been through. In fact, they're like other American voters. We know the deep state pulled a fast one in 2020, and they think they got away with it. There will come a day when the Democrats will pay a price for supporting the Deep State and not all the American people who know the score about lying, cheating Democrats to achieve communist state bliss for them and total control over free people, which will likely not go down.

Last edited:
Yea because Trump Humpers are smart as hell. Not.
"Trump humpers?"

Wash your mouth with soap. I'll provide and you will stop being a dumbass:
1647513932003.png

You're wasting your breath. Alabama people of all walks are some of the smartest people in the world, and nobody can fool them any more after what they've been through. In fact, they're like other American voters. We know the deep state pulled a fast one in 2020, and they think they got away with it. There will come a day when the Democrats will pay a price for supporting the Deep State and not all the American people who know the score about lying, cheating Democrats to achieve communist state bliss for them and total control over free people, which will likely not go down.
Deep state is a Trump invention. Just another jackass conspiracy theory.

That's what you get for being honest in today's GOP. The Man will shut you down and you have to grovel.
Not really, while we won't forget the shabby way he was treated nor the cheating the dems pulled off more and more folks are wishing that he would just STFU.....I don't think I would vote for him in a primary again, time to move-on but not forget what the dems are capable of.

Not really, while we won't forget the shabby way he was treated nor the cheating the dems pulled off more and more folks are wishing that he would just STFU.....I don't think I would vote for him in a primary again, time to move-on but not forget what the dems are capable of.
The shabby way he was treated. Holy crap.

Poor guy was so nice to everyone and they were just so mean.

Incredible.

The shabby way he was treated. Holy crap.

Poor guy was so nice to everyone and they were just so mean.

Incredible.
Yes it was quite incredible that the dems put the country through 2.5 years of Russia, Russia, Russia for nothing...Same with the "peach-mints" the balance of the time, what a sorry lot they are..

If I had been unjustly beat about the head and shoulders for that long I don't think I'd be very fuckin' friendly either.

Forum List

Back