Trump signs "Save Our Seas Act"

petro

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2013
The cold north
While the MSM has concerned everyone with the important Kanye story or Trumps latest tweets or the continued painting of the administration destroying the world.
Trump signs bipartisan bill in effort to clean debris from the oceans.

Trump Signs Bill to Improve International Cooperation on Ocean Trash Cleanup

Trump signs 'Save Our Seas Act' to boost clean-up efforts in world's oceans

A positive development that concerns all is but ignored by the drive by media as they must paint conservatives as uncaring of the environment. This story doesn't fit that narrative.

While the MSM has concerned everyone with the important Kanye story or Trumps latest tweets or the continued painting of the administration destroying the world.

A positive development that concerns all is but ignored by the drive by media as they must paint conservatives as uncaring of the environment. This story doesn't fit that narrative.

So, he'll clean up a little, and dump a lot? How's that going to work?

China leads the world as champion polluter.
We have drastically cut our emmisions while China and India expand theirs.

What exactly are we dumping a lot of? Specifics would be appreciated.

Most garbage and pollution I see is in high density urban areas. City dwellers are pigs. Doesn't matter how many garbage cans you put out, the debris ends up in the streets and washed into the waterways.

He doesn't have much to clean up since America doesn't contribute much to ocean trashing in the first place. The Act is an attempt to help other nations to clean up their trash.

From the first link:

"The Save Our Seas Act of 2018 extended the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Marine Debris Program for an additional five years, and directed the State Department and other federal agencies to work internationally to prevent countries from using the ocean as a landfill.

The act charges NOAA to collaborate with other U.S. government agencies to deal with land- and ocean-based sources of the trash, both domestic and foreign.

“People don’t realize it, but all the time we’re being inundated by debris from other countries,” Trump said. “And we will be responding and very strongly.”

Funny how this signing of a positive bill is virtually ignored by the entire media.

Most conservatives I know are very concerned about the environment. Many hunt and fish supporting the environment through direct fees and licensing.
Many live rural and in pristine areas.
I have a private well, and am very concerned about water quality.

Yuk....yuk.....

Another bumpy cucumber served up by the President for the left.:2up:. Sucks for you s0n!

None of the climate crusaders will give Trump a lick of credit. But that's ok....on climate change, the left continues to lose hUgE!:113:

No wins in over 10 years!!!!:hello77:

Useless idiots:backpedal::backpedal:
None of the crusaders will give up their convenient spring water served up in a plastic bottle. Their newest plastic I-phone, their convenient way of life in any form.
Yet expect the U.S. to foot the economic costs of regulations while letting China off the hook. Trump was right to not join the Paris aggrement.
The countries of the Orient are destructive to the ocean. Pollution, over harvesting of resources, Japan actively allows whale hunting despite international objections. China building islands in an expansion of naval force.

Now when Trump puts money to the effort to clean up the island of junk, and call out countries participating in the pollution, no one can even give credit when it is due.

None of the climate crusaders will give Trump a lick of credit. But that's ok....on climate change, the left continues to lose hUgE!:113:

No wins in over 10 years!!!!:hello77:

Useless idiots:backpedal::backpedal:
None of the crusaders will give up their convenient spring water served up in a plastic bottle. Their newest plastic I-phone, their convenient way of life in any form.
Yet expect the U.S. to foot the economic costs of regulations while letting China off the hook. Trump was right to not join the Paris aggrement.
The countries of the Orient are destructive to the ocean. Pollution, over harvesting of resources, Japan actively allows whale hunting despite international objections. China building islands in an expansion of naval force.

Now when Trump puts money to the effort to clean up the island of junk, and call out countries participating in the pollution, no one can even give credit when it is due.

But no worries....people who vote get it!:2up:

Funny how this signing of a positive bill is virtually ignored by the entire media.

Most conservatives I know are very concerned about the environment. Many hunt and fish supporting the environment through direct fees and licensing.
Many live rural and in pristine areas.
I have a private well, and am very concerned about water quality.
It doesn't fit the lefts narrative of Republican's want dirty ________ (fill in the blank)..

Most garbage and pollution I see is in high density urban areas. City dwellers are pigs. Doesn't matter how many garbage cans you put out, the debris ends up in the streets and washed into the waterways.

The problem here is that China and India are developing countries and their per capita polluting will go down as they develop (well if India actually manages to develop).

To compare the US like this to developing countries is misleading.

The problem here is that China and India are developing countries and their per capita polluting will go down as they develop (well if India actually manages to develop).

China exhibiting the behaviour of a superpower wannabe hardly qualifies as a developing country.
No reason we should punish ourselves while they and other countries of the east pollute and poach wildlife rampantly.

China exhibiting the behaviour of a superpower wannabe hardly qualifies as a developing country.
No reason we should punish ourselves while they and other countries of the east pollute and poach wildlife rampantly.

I'm not sure you quite get what "developing country" means.

China is still developing. Shanghai and Beijing are quite developed. But other areas are not so developed.

In the future China will be a superpower. Right now it's not.

Your talk is the arrogance that China will be lording over the US in the future. Beware.

Ocean patch is twice the size of Texas. Consisting of much larger plastic than estimated.
Ghost nets originating from many countries throughout Asia floating at sea.The giant garbage vortex in the Pacific Ocean is over twice the size of Texas — here's what it looks like
Trump signing this bill is far more than what any country has done.
So far has been all private funding.

And this will help those private groups who have set out to clean up the oceans. Good for the president.

I'm not sure you quite get what "developing country" means.

China is still developing. Shanghai and Beijing are quite developed. But other areas are not so developed.

In the future China will be a superpower. Right now it's not.

Your talk is the arrogance that China will be lording over the US in the future. Beware.
Sorry. Not buying into the WTO rating while China is now one of the largest economy's on the planet. A country on the clear move of economic and military expansion. Pushing international rules and agreements.
They get no pass from me.
So yes. We should beware.

Will the Trump family eliminate plastic water bottles and straws from Trump hotels? There is where the real proof of the pudding will be found. As for me I like straws and I plan on continuing to use them in plastic or alternative plastic form. We can all cut down on throw away water bottles by using refillable water bottles.

Will the Trump family eliminate plastic water bottles and straws from Trump hotels? There is where the real proof of the pudding will be found. As for me I like straws and I plan on continuing to use them in plastic or alternative plastic form. We can all cut down on throw away water bottles by using refillable water bottles.
The plastic problem is on all of us.
It comes down to walking the walk on an individual basis.
I am almost religious about reduce, reuse, recycle. I have no patience for debris or litter.
I live in a rural area, and we frequently have problems with folks from the city who drive to a rural road and just dump junk on the shoulder.
People need to realize the crap they drop all washes downstream and into every major ocean.

The bans on straws or plastic bags are simply bandaid feel good solutions when human behavior and laziness are the real issue.

Remember...
Give a hoot, don't pollute?
download (48).jpeg
They really should bring this awareness campaign back.
Stuck with me as a child.

Forum List

Back