trump Rolls Back Rules on Light Bulbs

The bush boy does the right thing and enacts a law to phase in energy efficient light bulbs.

The republicans have fits about it in the Obama years.

Now trump is rolling back those bush boy energy rules for light bulbs.

He can do that but the efficient ones have been out since the bush boy years. Most people now use them. Very few are going to go back to the more expensive incandescent ones.

Good luck finding those incandescent ones easily. I don't see them at the stores much anymore.

Why does trump want Americans and business to waste money and harm the environment more?

Trump administration rolls back rules requiring more energy-efficient bulbs
Those bulbs are too efficient, that there is hardly enough people wasting energy. That it is cutting into the energy provider's profits. That they have to lay off because of that reason.

The bush boy does the right thing and enacts a law to phase in energy efficient light bulbs.

He can do that but the efficient ones have been out since the bush boy years. Most people now use them. Very few are going to go back to the more expensive incandescent ones.

Good luck finding those incandescent ones easily. I don't see them at the stores much anymore.

Why does trump want Americans and business to waste money and harm the environment more?

I read about this and had to laugh at the sheer stupidity of it. By now, most households have upgraded to LED bulbs because they are superior in pretty much every single way. Incandescents aren't staging a comeback. CFLs are even on their way to extinction. So, who the fuck is this 'roll back' going to benefit? Old people? People who hate saving money on their electric bills? Dumb.

Cult45 Administration = dumb as dirt.

The purchase price of incandescent bulbs is lower, even though longer life and lower cost of operation makes the new style much cheaper in the long run. Just another example of how everything seems to be rigged to cost the poor more to survive than the well off.

It may seem that way because of price point, but it's really not.

Incandescent bulb energy cost over 20 years: $211
CFL bulb energy cost over 20 years: $54
LED bulb energy cost over 20 years: $34

LEDs use 75% less energy. This seems like a no-brainer, no matter what economic class you belong to.

When you are literally worried about whether you have the money to feed your kids and keep a roof over their head this week, a few pennies makes a difference. Your total cost after 20 years doesn't matter as much as what you can do right now.

The bulbs they have now make it hard for some people with eye problems to read or do anything at night. It is a good idea now how about more flushing power on the crappers, so we don't have to use twice the water to flush.

I read about this and had to laugh at the sheer stupidity of it. By now, most households have upgraded to LED bulbs because they are superior in pretty much every single way. Incandescents aren't staging a comeback. CFLs are even on their way to extinction. So, who the fuck is this 'roll back' going to benefit? Old people? People who hate saving money on their electric bills? Dumb.

It seems to me his goal is to force Americans to waste a lot of money and do more harm to the environment.

He will fail big time.
--------------------------------------- MAYBE , Maybe not but i'll buy the cheaper bulbs and just change them more often . The incandescent bulbs provide better light anyway Dana ,
the LED's i have throw out much more light and it seems to me to be quality light...fuck the "i have to change bulbs every three months" kind...i havent changed a bulb in almost 3 years now.......

The purchase price of incandescent bulbs is lower, even though longer life and lower cost of operation makes the new style much cheaper in the long run. Just another example of how everything seems to be rigged to cost the poor more to survive than the well off.

LEDs use 75% less energy. This seems like a no-brainer, no matter what economic class you belong to.
Candled free, just take them from the church.

It seems to me his goal is to force Americans to waste a lot of money and do more harm to the environment.

He will fail big time.

Or succeed, who really gives a fuck at this point? He's a former real estate developer. He never cared about the environment. He just phones it in these days because the Orange Virus don't like his job no more because the big meanies are mean. :crybaby:

I don't think he will succeed in getting most Americans to switch back to the old bulbs.

I stopped using the old bulbs way before the new law was passed in 2007 with the bush boy.

I don't know many people who want to waste money needlessly on one of the old lightbulbs.

I like the fact that I can put a lightbulb in and don't have to replace it for years. It's very convenient especially since I'm short and changing lightbulbs in high places isn't something that I like to do.

Plus they last much longer. Years longer.

do whatever you like and I think that's the whole point , to heck with 'gwb' and HIS lightbulb rules Dana .

He will fail big time.

Or succeed, who really gives a fuck at this point? He's a former real estate developer. He never cared about the environment. He just phones it in these days because the Orange Virus don't like his job no more because the big meanies are mean. :crybaby:

I don't think he will succeed in getting most Americans to switch back to the old bulbs.

I stopped using the old bulbs way before the new law was passed in 2007 with the bush boy.

I don't know many people who want to waste money needlessly on one of the old lightbulbs.

I like the fact that I can put a lightbulb in and don't have to replace it for years. It's very convenient especially since I'm short and changing lightbulbs in high places isn't something that I like to do.

Yep. I had most of the specialty fixtures in the house I built made specifically for LEDs. Everything else I screwed in LED bulbs. The light spectrum issues people complain about is old news too. The newer ones have a broader range than incandescent bulbs. I moved in three years ago, and guess what? All of them still work.

Plus they last much longer. Years longer.

Mine are rated for 22 years.

When you are literally worried about whether you have the money to feed your kids and keep a roof over their head this week, a few pennies makes a difference. Your total cost after 20 years doesn't matter as much as what you can do right now.

I have no doubt about that possibility. However, to me, in the long run, this is the sort of lack of critical thinking that keeps people poor. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Come on lefties. You don't see light bulbs littering the ground and polluting the environment. A week running a window air conditioner uses more energy than ten years of every incandescent bulb in your entire freaking house. It's a fake issue so why don't you take your greenie ass to China and complain about their energy use and leave American consumers alone?

The bulbs they have now make it hard for some people with eye problems to read or do anything at night. It is a good idea now how about more flushing power on the crappers, so we don't have to use twice the water to flush.

Please bring the old toilets back!

Never take other people disabilities to heart. Right.?

Never take other people disabilities to heart. Right.?

I just don't buy your 'disability'. My father has eyesight problems too, and LEDs haven't had any negative effects on his reading, so I don't know what specific 'disability' you're referring to.

Republicans don’t get it because they have no brains.
There can’t be any other possible explanation. The facts are right there.

Light bulbs have triggered the loons. Lol

Now turn off your ac and start walking...get it?

Personally I see no issue here and it just mean cheaper bulbs for the poor but higher energy cost over the period of time...

It should be an individual choice and not the government demand...

Forum List

Back