Trump releases seven-point health care reform plan

Maybe you don't remember the original healthcare debate.....:(

The GOP had ideas?

What were they?

Tort reform (saves $250 billion a year) Dems shot it down.

Sell health insurance across State Lines (saves consumers $100 billion a year (Dems shot it down)

Tax free health savings accounts (Dems shot it down).

You actually get to keep your health plan and doctor (Obama and Dems lied....killed it).

The insurance across state lines is something.

Tort reform is dumb.
HSAs are a joke
Plans that met the basic ACA

Like 60 year old men forced to buy well baby coverage and mammogram coverage? :lol: The public hates Obummblercare for a reason. It sucks.

I'm sure everyone with pre existing conditions hate it most.

You typed that in one sentence. That was all that was needed and I doubt many would have opposed it. We didn't need the other multitude of pages to give people with preexisting conditions access.

The GOP had ideas?

What were they?

Sell health insurance across State Lines (saves consumers $100 billion a year (Dems shot it down)

You actually get to keep your health plan and doctor (Obama and Dems lied....killed it).

Tort reform is dumb.
HSAs are a joke

Like 60 year old men forced to buy well baby coverage and mammogram coverage? :lol: The public hates Obummblercare for a reason. It sucks.

You typed that in one sentence. That was all that was needed and I doubt many would have opposed it. We didn't need the other multitude of pages to give people with preexisting conditions access.

How do you propose to cover those with preexisting conditions?

People can't write off their health insurance premiums if they can't afford to pay them in the first place.

HSA plans have two components: A high deductible health plan and another account to which you must contribute for use in paying the deductible. Combined, they're essentially the same cost as traditional health insurance premiums.

None of these "ideas" make it easier for people to afford or access critical preventive or diagnostic care, or prescription drugs.

There are too many people who don't understand how this works tossing out "ideas".
There is a major difference, however, between an HSA + high deductible plan and traditional health insurance premiums. With an HSA the money is yours if you don't use it. With a traditional plan, your entire premium is lost to you forever if you don't use the insurance.

You mean like what's happening under Obamacare RIGHT NOW?

You're forgetting that the penalty for NOT adhering to the mandate will soon reach the same amount as buying a HC policy.
The schedule for the penalties maxed out in 2016, so we're already at that point (2.5% of household income maximum per person yearly cost of a "bronze" plan or $695 per adult/$347.50 for children under 18 whichever is higher, maximum $2,085 ), and the situation with respect to the balance in the risk pools appears to be getting worse not better, so apparently young, healthy people are either confident that they can circumvent the penalties OR are going to wait until they get sick to sign up OR they just don't want to bother with insurance (probably because the law and the red tape that surrounds it is so confusing that nobody in their right mind wants anything to do with it) and are opting instead to pay either the yearly cost of the "bronze" plan as a maximum penalty or the $695 person/$2085 family.
Still paying $695 person/$2085 family is lot a pay for nothing. Waiting till you get sick to sign up for healthcare is not a good idea because you can only sign up for health insurance during open enrollment, usually about a one month period. I certainly would not want to have to deal with a serious heart problem, cancer, or accident for up to a year with no insurance.

For those with very low income, they can sign for Medicaid at no cost. For those with low incomes they take advantage of subsidies that significantly lower costs. For those in higher income brackets, going without health insurance can mean financial disaster. Unless, you have the financial means to pay for your healthcare, going without insurance is irresponsible and foolish.

Only in states which have expanded their Medicaid coverage can individuals with low income sign up for Medicaid. For example, I live in Georgia and simply having very low income does not make one eligible for Medicaid here.

The GOP had ideas?

What were they?

Tort reform is dumb.
HSAs are a joke

Sucks and the majority of Americans know it. But nice try. :thup:

The majority complaining about it are republicans. They are also voting for trump so they aren't the brightest bunch.

The GOP had ideas?

What were they?

Tort reform is dumb.
HSAs are a joke

We need the mandate to cover costs of covering pre existing conditions.

Let me make myself very clear. I have had insurance all my life. I've paid all the premiums, deductibles and copayments all my life. I have money to buy insurance and want to buy it but without Obamacare no insurance company will ever let me purchase coverage.

Wishing you the very, very BEST of health, dear Dana....

Tort reform is dumb.
HSAs are a joke

That is a problem which can only be answered with cost sharing. Kinda like car insurance. Except for one thing, if you don't have the money you don't insure a BMW. But with healthcare, there really isn't a "Hugo" option.

Covering those with a preexisting condition is the number one reason that healthcare insurers are getting out of Obamacare. It is kinda like two people go into McDonalds hungry. One orders 2 cheeseburgers, the other orders 20 cheeseburgers. They then both pay the same. How is the cost for the 22 burgers divided?

Tort reform is dumb.
HSAs are a joke

You really believe that charging a tax of 325 dollars to someone who doesn't have the money to pay a premium makes a dent in the cost of Obamacare? Really?

Tort reform is dumb.
HSAs are a joke

You really believe that charging a tax of 325 dollars to someone who doesn't have the money to pay a premium makes a dent in the cost of Obamacare? Really?

It leads to more insured and fewer uninsured with pre existing conditions.

Tort reform is dumb.
HSAs are a joke

That is a problem which can only be answered with cost sharing. Kinda like car insurance. Except for one thing, if you don't have the money you don't insure a BMW. But with healthcare, there really isn't a "Hugo" option.

Covering those with a preexisting condition is the number one reason that healthcare insurers are getting out of Obamacare. It is kinda like two people go into McDonalds hungry. One orders 2 cheeseburgers, the other orders 20 cheeseburgers. They then both pay the same. How is the cost for the 22 burgers divided?

In terms of needing healthcare....would you rather be the 2 cheeseburger guy or the 20 cheeseburger guy?

Needing healthcare is not a choice

In terms of needing healthcare....would you rather be the 2 cheeseburger guy or the 20 cheeseburger guy?

We are discussing healthcare insurance and cost.

Trump supporters mistake meaningless bullsh*t statements for profound truths — according to science
In the study, bullshit is used as a technical term and defined as, “communicative expression that lacks content, logic, or truth from the perspective of natural sciences.”
That article is significantly far-reaching and paradoxically profound, believe me. It's tremendous.
Trump is a heck of a salesman ..he knows all the rhetorical and semantic buzz words ...and phrases..

What I really like is the emphasis on expanded Health Savings Accounts, and the shift in tax deductibility to individuals. Another excellent proposal is price transparency.

Congress must act. Our elected representatives in the House and Senate must:

1. Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.

2. Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.

3. Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.

4. Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate. These accounts would become part of the estate of the individual and could be passed on to heirs without fear of any death penalty. These plans should be particularly attractive to young people who are healthy and can afford high-deductible insurance plans. These funds can be used by any member of a family without penalty. The flexibility and security provided by HSAs will be of great benefit to all who participate.

5. Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure.

6. Block-grant Medicaid to the states. Nearly every state already offers benefits beyond what is required in the current Medicaid structure. The state governments know their people best and can manage the administration of Medicaid far better without federal overhead. States will have the incentives to seek out and eliminate fraud, waste and abuse to preserve our precious resources.

7. Remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products. Congress will need the courage to step away from the special interests and do what is right for America. Though the pharmaceutical industry is in the private sector, drug companies provide a public service. Allowing consumers access to imported, safe and dependable drugs from overseas will bring more options to consumers.

Full Health Care reform plan can be read here >>> Healthcare Reform
There is no need to repeal the current health care act. You start the work on the process to make it better.

Make it better? I restore cars for a living, at some point you have to say "this car isn't saveable" The ACA was designed to fail right from the start.

What I really like is the emphasis on expanded Health Savings Accounts, and the shift in tax deductibility to individuals. Another excellent proposal is price transparency.

1. Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.

2. Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.

3. Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.

4. Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate. These accounts would become part of the estate of the individual and could be passed on to heirs without fear of any death penalty. These plans should be particularly attractive to young people who are healthy and can afford high-deductible insurance plans. These funds can be used by any member of a family without penalty. The flexibility and security provided by HSAs will be of great benefit to all who participate.

5. Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure.

6. Block-grant Medicaid to the states. Nearly every state already offers benefits beyond what is required in the current Medicaid structure. The state governments know their people best and can manage the administration of Medicaid far better without federal overhead. States will have the incentives to seek out and eliminate fraud, waste and abuse to preserve our precious resources.

7. Remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products. Congress will need the courage to step away from the special interests and do what is right for America. Though the pharmaceutical industry is in the private sector, drug companies provide a public service. Allowing consumers access to imported, safe and dependable drugs from overseas will bring more options to consumers.

There is no need to repeal the current health care act. You start the work on the process to make it better.

Make it better? I restore cars for a living, at some point you have to say "this car isn't saveable" The ACA was designed to fail right from the start.
ACA isnt a hunk of metal dummy. It can be reworked like any other process. Obviously you have never been in a leadership position so you wouldnt understand that factor. Any process is in continual refinement and reassessment in a ongoing cycle.

Do you believe someone battling cancer should have to pay ten times the premium of a healthy person, just because they need to eat more cheeseburgers?

ACA isnt a hunk of metal dummy. It can be reworked like any other process. Obviously you have never been in a leadership position so you wouldnt understand that factor. Any process is in continual refinement and reassessment in a ongoing cycle.
Exactly.

I pointed out several times on this forum the federal subsidy problem could easily have been legislatively fixed in five minutes by Congress. But the GOP decided to be dicks and force a constitutional challenge.

They lost, and wasted a shit ton of time and money in the process.

Same with the employer mandate. It would have taken Congress five minutes to extend the deadline, but the GOP had to be dicks again. So Obama wrote an EO, and they got their panties in a bunch over that!

And yet whenever the Republican budget of 1997 needs the bi-annual "doc fix", the GOP rushes right in and makes one. For well over a decade now!

The hypocrites in Congress absolutely depend on the ignorance of rubes like Fair&Balanced to not know these things.

There isn't a single piece of major legislation which has not been multiply tweaked since its passage. Only an ignorant dumb fuck would think you can't do the same to the ACA.

The difference between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump on healthcare is that Clinton has vowed to tweak ObamaCare while Trump has vowed to repeal and replace ObamaCare with single payer. In that respect, there is almost no difference between Trump and Bernie Sanders!

Do you believe someone battling cancer should have to pay ten times the premium of a healthy person, just because they need to eat more cheeseburgers?

I guess fair is that both pay for 11 cheeseburgers? Or that the one buying 2 pays for 22? yeah I know, nothing is fair in life.

Forum List

Back