Trump Ready to TANK US, China, and World Economy

US trade officials say Trump's tariff threat is real - CNNPolitics

The top US trade negotiator said Monday that the Trump administration will be moving forward on President Donald Trump's threat to escalate tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods effective Friday.
Speaking to reporters in Washington, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said China reneged on previous agreements over the weekend, derailing months of progress toward a detailed trade agreement between the world's two largest economies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Trade wars are good and easy to win"
wp_2012_08_newspaper0829.jpg

Trump is an idiot. He thinks those tariffs are paid by the Chinese.
Those tariffs are designed to help bring manufacturing back to America. A small amount of growth is sacrificed for it. We were sold a bill of goods that service jobs would replace manufacturing with all of the trade deals. But the service jobs petered out at a lower salary.

You mean like all those coal jobs he said would come back? They haven't, and tariffs are costing our citizens a fortune.
I wonder, was Obama shoveling bullshit when he promised us those "four million shovel ready jobs in green energy"? But then again, he's the Left's messiah and he walks on water, while shoveling bullshit

A sudden tariff increase with less than a week’s notice would severely disrupt U.S. businesses, especially small companies that have limited resources to mitigate the impact,” David French, senior vice president for government relations at the National Retail Federation. “If the administration follows through on this threat, American consumers will face higher prices, and U.S. jobs will be lost.”
Another gloom and doom prediction from another Trump hater. Tell me, Rocket Man, where's that economic disaster you guys keep predicting?

A sudden tariff increase with less than a week’s notice would severely disrupt U.S. businesses, especially small companies that have limited resources to mitigate the impact,” David French, senior vice president for government relations at the National Retail Federation. “If the administration follows through on this threat, American consumers will face higher prices, and U.S. jobs will be lost.”
Another gloom and doom prediction from another Trump hater. Tell me, Rocket Man, where's that economic disaster you guys keep predicting?

1) I hate no one. I pity Trump - I don't hate him. I despise him as POTUS. But I pity the man.

2) show me the EXACT post where I predicted an imminent, economic disaster?

You can't...and you just made it up that I did.

So long as the Fed has got the economy's back AND so long as people believe in the Fed (either out of respect or desperation) - there will be no economic disaster. The Fed is helping ONE group - the wealthy.
But as soon as the Fed runs out of bullets - and I have said this for several years - that is when the economic disaster will play out. There is a TREMENDOUS amount of cheap money sloshing around the economy that HAS to be worked through. This has been going on since 2008/9...and it will not end well - guaranteed.
Velocity of M2 Money Stock

But the Fed has been running the economy for over 10 years. And they could run it for another 10 years...maybe longer. They answer directly to no one and can literally print endless amounts of money. But the faster it happens, the better it will be for America as the less cheap money it has to work through.

Now answer my question (which you ducked), please?

And where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that a trade war with China will help America?

Or do you think the DOW tanking over 400 point yesterday morning because of trade collapse fears AND then recovering almost all of it on trade talk hopes was a sign that a trade war is what Wall Street wants?

Last edited:

The top US trade negotiator said Monday that the Trump administration will be moving forward on President Donald Trump's threat to escalate tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods effective Friday.
Speaking to reporters in Washington, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said China reneged on previous agreements over the weekend, derailing months of progress toward a detailed trade agreement between the world's two largest economies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny how you’ve been crying about President Trump’s “trade wars” and tariffs for two years, claiming it would end in disaster. Yet the economy is better than its ever been.

It can get even better though, and will when he slaps more tariffs on China. It will bring even more manufacturing back to the states.

I guess the OP would prefer to bend over and get his ass reamed by the Chinese.
Maybe Trump should learn from his predecessor and go on a Nobel Prize winning America sucks apology tour to China. Yup, that should do it.
Trump's whole campaign was "America sucks" -- which is why he felt it needed to be great again....

He made hats and everything talking about how much America sucks...you don't remember?

He needs a distraction.

Let me see is this the one hundreth time the economy was going to tank under Trump? So hard to keep up with every little crazy notion the left keeps throwing out.

I believe they were yelling that the economy was going to tank before Trump took office. Then again when he took office. Numerous times since then. When he first proposed tariffs on Canada and Mexico. Again when he announced tariffs on China. Just a month ago when job numbers dropped.

Kind of like all the times we were all assured that Mueller would be perp walking Trump and everyone else out of the White House. Similar to the screamed assurances that he was going to have a nuclear war with North Korea.

We could keep going on but I think most sane people would agree that too many of the crazy lefts assurances have been completely wrong so many times that it is hard to do anything but laugh.

CNN? Don't have a reputable news site like the onion?
Rush recently played a rather lengthy montage of various lefty political and media stooges from only last December ALL wailing about the awful 2019 recession that was gonna destroy the economy, thank you President Trump. It was quite entertaining.

Gotta give the traitorous idiots some credit though. They’ve got spreading dire forecasts of doom and gloom that never come to fruition down to a friggin’ science!

I guess the OP would prefer to bend over and get his ass reamed by the Chinese.

Caddo LIVES for a good ass reaming. Apparently there is nothing good about this country that he likes at all.

toob freak lives for an ass reaming at least four times a day last I heard

Try discussing the thread content like Trump, the economy, China, tariffs, etc., instead of offering your ass reaming fantasies you keep practicing

Those tariffs are designed to help bring manufacturing back to America. A small amount of growth is sacrificed for it. We were sold a bill of goods that service jobs would replace manufacturing with all of the trade deals. But the service jobs petered out at a lower salary.
How the hell are you going to bring manufacturing jobs back when US wages are still (at least) 4X higher in America then China (forgetting all the other advantages China offers)?

China Average Yearly Wages in Manufacturing | 2019 | Data | Chart | Calendar
United States Average Hourly Wages in Manufacturing | 2019 | Data | Chart

That makes ZERO sense.

Trump has had two years+ to fix trade. And all he has done is make the trade deficit worse since he took office (meaning COMPLETE failure):
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/Press-Release/current_press_release/exh1.pdf

All tariffs will do is hurt US consumers who depend on cheap Chinese imports to make ends meet AND cost U.S. jobs as those cheap imports also help keep the price of the things Americans do manufacture lower. Thus raising their price, lowering their competitiveness and causing US layoffs.

There is NO WAY Trump's tariffs will do anything but hurt Americans.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce launching campaign opposing Trump’s tariffs
And China will never cave. They can dump as much money as needed into their economy to prop it up. And they don't have to worry about being re-elected (like Trump does). They can just wait Trump out....and they know it.

Where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that higher tariffs will help the American economy in the short OR long term?

I can almost guarantee that you cannot provide one.

Last edited:
show me the EXACT post where I predicted an imminent, economic disaster?
I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about David French. However, you DID predict it right here:
But as soon as the Fed runs out of bullets - and I have said this for several years - that is when the economic disaster will play out. There is a TREMENDOUS amount of cheap money sloshing around the economy that HAS to be worked through. This has been going on since 2008/9...and it will not end well - guaranteed.

You mean like all those coal jobs he said would come back? They haven't, and tariffs are costing our citizens a fortune.
I wonder, was Obama shoveling bullshit when he promised us those "four million shovel ready jobs in green energy"? But then again, he's the Left's messiah and he walks on water, while shoveling bullshit

You understand that Obama is no longer president, and has no desire for any position in our government, don't you? There is more electricity produced with renewable energy than there is with coal.

We've heard this bullshit before, caddo.

Donald J. Trump is a business man, he has no intention to tank the economy.

So we should just let China do whatever it wants when it comes to trade?

show me the EXACT post where I predicted an imminent, economic disaster?
I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about David French. However, you DID predict it right here:

You typed the following:

'Tell me, Rocket Man, where's that economic disaster you guys keep predicting?'

You said 'you guys'...not 'those guys'. You even addressed me...jeez.

Do you not even have the guts to admit when you make a relatively small mistake?

And - for the third time:

Where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that higher tariffs will help the American economy in the short OR long term?

I can almost guarantee that you cannot provide one.

You seem to think that Trump's tariffs are so great. So where is your unbiased, proof that they are great?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back