Trump pulls into statistical tie with Hillary as her lead over Bernie shrinks (tr)

Everyone who attacks Trump recommends we nominate Bush.

That's bumper sticker nonsense.

More on Trump not being a conservative

For those with inquiring minds, immigration is only one issue among many where Trump has shown massive inconsistencies, as Max Boot writes about here. As I’ve repeatedly pointed out – and will continue to point out – Mr. Trump was a registered Democrat for most of the last decade. He gave large sums of money to leading progressive politicians, and he supported liberal policies on a whole range of matters, from health care to taxes to guns to abortion to drugs to much else. To this day, he is an opponent of entitlement reform and supports affirmative action.

(Mr. Trump’s effort to compare himself to Ronald Reagan is risible. Mr. Reagan was elected president in 1980. In 1964, he was a great champion for Barry Goldwater. He served as a successful, conservative governor of California for two terms. And he was one of the key figures in the creation of the modern American conservative movement. Donald Trump, on the other hand, was a registered Democrat when it was being led by John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid. Mr. Trump was a particularly big donor in elections that brought Pelosi and Reid to power. And he has shown no interest and made no contributions over the years to conservative philosophy and ideas.)

This is a populist moment – and for them, Trump is Mr. Anti-Establishment. They see him as the confrontational outsider, unscripted and not politically correct, a person who can shake up the system. Donald Trump is The Great Disrupter. In addition, he knows how to “school” the “establishment” types and has their “number.” The enemy of my enemy is my friend. It’s time to burn down the village – in this case, Washington D.C. — to save the village. And if the man lighting the match is vulgar, inconsistent, and unprincipled, no matter. If in this cause those on the right end up defending and supporting what my Ethics and Public Policy Center colleague Yuval Levin calls “the least conservative Republican presidential aspirant in living memory” – Donald Trump — so be it.

People are entitled to their anger, and they are entitled to support Mr. Trump. But here’s what they’re not entitled to: They cannot take conservatism, reinvent its meaning, and attach it to whatever cause or character they happen to identify with. Conservatism is a philosophy; it has a history and a core set of principles. It’s been shaped by towering intellectual figures. The effort by some on the right to disfigure conservatism in order to justify their support for Mr. Trump is unfortunate. It is also incoherent. Conservatism is not synonymous with alienation and resentments, crudity, and unfiltered rage.

People can support Donald Trump, but they cannot support him on conservative grounds.​

The Donald Trump 2016 Campaign Isn't Conservative

The liberal turds have been gloating about how Hillary beats Trump in the polls. It will be interesting to see how they react to the fact that her lead has virtually disappeared, and this when there is still 10 months to go before the general election:

Trump pulls into statistical tie with Hillary as her lead over Bernie shrinks from 28 points to just 16 and Democrats suffer from 2016 election enthusiasm gap

• In a hypothetical matchup with Trump, Clinton is now just 2 points ahead in a poll whose margin of error is 3
  • While 36 per cent of GOP voters are excited about voting, only 19 per cent of Democrats say the same thing
  • Hillary is still leading Bernie Sanders for the Democratic nomination but that margin has shrunk from 28 points to 16 in the last three weeks
Looks like Hillary is in for another schlonging, only from Trump this time.

More on Trump not being a conservative

For those with inquiring minds, immigration is only one issue among many where Trump has shown massive inconsistencies, as Max Boot writes about here. As I’ve repeatedly pointed out – and will continue to point out – Mr. Trump was a registered Democrat for most of the last decade. He gave large sums of money to leading progressive politicians, and he supported liberal policies on a whole range of matters, from health care to taxes to guns to abortion to drugs to much else. To this day, he is an opponent of entitlement reform and supports affirmative action.

(Mr. Trump’s effort to compare himself to Ronald Reagan is risible. Mr. Reagan was elected president in 1980. In 1964, he was a great champion for Barry Goldwater. He served as a successful, conservative governor of California for two terms. And he was one of the key figures in the creation of the modern American conservative movement. Donald Trump, on the other hand, was a registered Democrat when it was being led by John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid. Mr. Trump was a particularly big donor in elections that brought Pelosi and Reid to power. And he has shown no interest and made no contributions over the years to conservative philosophy and ideas.)

This is a populist moment – and for them, Trump is Mr. Anti-Establishment. They see him as the confrontational outsider, unscripted and not politically correct, a person who can shake up the system. Donald Trump is The Great Disrupter. In addition, he knows how to “school” the “establishment” types and has their “number.” The enemy of my enemy is my friend. It’s time to burn down the village – in this case, Washington D.C. — to save the village. And if the man lighting the match is vulgar, inconsistent, and unprincipled, no matter. If in this cause those on the right end up defending and supporting what my Ethics and Public Policy Center colleague Yuval Levin calls “the least conservative Republican presidential aspirant in living memory” – Donald Trump — so be it.

People are entitled to their anger, and they are entitled to support Mr. Trump. But here’s what they’re not entitled to: They cannot take conservatism, reinvent its meaning, and attach it to whatever cause or character they happen to identify with. Conservatism is a philosophy; it has a history and a core set of principles. It’s been shaped by towering intellectual figures. The effort by some on the right to disfigure conservatism in order to justify their support for Mr. Trump is unfortunate. It is also incoherent. Conservatism is not synonymous with alienation and resentments, crudity, and unfiltered rage.

People can support Donald Trump, but they cannot support him on conservative grounds.​

The Donald Trump 2016 Campaign Isn't Conservative

His conservative history is thin.

His primary opponents are mostly Pro-WWIII, or for Open Border, if not both. Hillary? LOL!

He is by far the best candidate out there.

Wrong. It's a record of the behavior of forum libturds and RINOs

Then find "everyone who attacks Trump recommends recommends we nominate Bush" as you claim.

Start with me. I'm attacking Trump. Show where I've recommended Bush.

Go!

The rest of your post is of no interest since it's just more of your hypocritical pabulum. Trump is far more conservative than you ever were.

Of course you have no interest

Because if you did, you have to convince yourself that a guy who recommends increasing taxes on the rich, supported single payer healthcare, supports affirmative action, opposes entitlement reform, agreed with Bernie Sanders that we should have spent the $5 trillion we spent on the Iraq War should have been spent at home on infrastructure, criticized Romney's plan for self-deportation as "maniacal," and who was a registered Democrat when Nancy Pelosi and John Kerry were running the party, is "conservative."

IOW, you have to lie to yourself.

Last edited:

Wrong. It's a record of the behavior of forum libturds and RINOs

Then find "everyone who attacks Trump recommends we nominate Bush" as you claim.

Start with me. I'm attacking Bush. Show where I've recommended Bush.

Go!

The rest of your post is of no interest since it's just more of your hypocritical pabulum. Trump is far more conservative than you ever were.

Of course you have no interest

Because if you did, you have to convince yourself that a guy who recommends increasing taxes on the rich, supported single payer healthcare, supports affirmative action, opposes entitlement reform, criticized Romney's plan for self-deportation as "maniacal," and who was a registered Democrat when Nancy Pelosi and John Kerry were running the party, is "conservative."

IOW, you have to lie to yourself.

If he renegotiates our various Trade Deals so that America is fucked less, and deports a significant percentage of this illegals, and prevents more of them from coming, he will be great for American interests.

Forum List

Back