Trump promotes fossil fuels and assails pollution rules in energy plan

Wait a few hours and Trump will change his mind about climate change four times. Whatever position he takes he will do a tremendous job though.

The Executive Branch's regulatory agencies create regulations based on laws passed by Congress. They have never required direct action by Congress. Congress has never legislated regulations. That's what's going over your head. I agree that the president can control the enforcement of regulations via Executive Order - he is in charge of that stuff. But, as we have already seen with Obama, Congress has ways to stop the president from altering their legislative intent. A president Trump, attempting to halt enforcement of the Clear Air and Water Acts will very quickly learn what he can and cannot do.

Trump promotes fossil fuels and assails pollution rules in energy plan

Source: Washington Post

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump vowed Thursday to bring energy independence to America by getting rid of regulations aimed at curbing pollution and emissions of greenhouse gases, and he lashed out at Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton for planning to “unleash” the Environmental Protection Agency “to control every aspect of our lives.”

“I think the federal government should get out of the way,” Trump said in what was billed as a major energy address. “We have so much potential energy people wouldn’t even believe it.”

Trump also repeated claims that he would be able to revive the coal industry and bring back coal-mining jobs by abolishing environmental and climate regulations. “We’re going to save that coal industry, believe me,” he said. “I love those people.”

He added that “market forces are something I don’t want to get involved with. The market force is a beautiful force.”

Speaking at the Williston Basin Petroleum Conference in Bismarck, N.D., he also said, “I am prepared to kick the special interests out of Washington, D.C., and to hand the seat of power over to you.”

Read more: Trump promotes fossil fuels and assails pollution rules in energy plan

Trump wants to destroy our air and shorten life spans. Dumb plan.

Freezing to death in the winter when your solar panels are producing zero watts of energy will shorten your life a lot quicker. Pollution from fossil fuels is so negligible that it's no longer worth worrying about.
This statement is completely untrue. The US produces more automobile pollution that any other country. From fossil fuel--we have more cars per person than any other country.

Our cars produce very little pollution. When I look outside, I see clean air. That's the way it is in almost every American city.

The Executive Branch's regulatory agencies create regulations based on laws passed by Congress. They have never required direct action by Congress. Congress has never legislated regulations. That's what's going over your head. I agree that the president can control the enforcement of regulations via Executive Order - he is in charge of that stuff. But, as we have already seen with Obama, Congress has ways to stop the president from altering their legislative intent. A president Trump, attempting to halt enforcement of the Clear Air and Water Acts will very quickly learn what he can and cannot do.

Hmmm, if the EPA can create regulations without intervention from Congress, then it can rescind those same regulations without intervention from Congress.

Last edited:
You don't seem to understand what I've said. Congress cannot rescind regulations. They can alter or rescind the law on which the regulation is based or they can block funding for the enforcement of the regulation.

You don't seem to understand what I've said. Congress cannot rescind regulations. They can alter or rescind the law on which the regulation is based or they can block funding for the enforcement of the regulation.
Congress can obviously rescind regulations if it passes a bill to that effect. The fact you ignore is that the EPA can modify or rescind any regulation it has created, and the EPA takes orders from the president. If President Trump decides that the EPA's attempt to make burning coal illegal should be rescinded, then they are rescinded.

All drilling should be required on Trump's golf courses first before drilling can be expanded elsewhere!

Our CO2 emissions are below the average of what?

Trump also states that there is no drought in California. The man will say whatever he thinks will impress the 'Conservatives', irregardless of the truth of the matter. He is a total demagogue, and a very dangerous man.

lol.........doesn't matter who is president of the United States, GOP or DUM.........fossil fuels are going to dominate the energy landscape for decades and decades even if that clown Sanders were to be president ( impossible, of course :funnyface: ). Nobody is going to change that because people want and need cheap energy. End of story.

Sorry, but I love breathing clean air, drinking water that doesn't make me sit on the crapper for hours like in mexico and eating clean food that is regulated. Sorry,,,,

You left wing nut jobs use this lie every time.. get over yourself..

Our CO2 emissions are well below average and our soot output is almost zero (which is real pollution). Your agenda and blame America first crap is total bull shit..

Yes.....at the end of the day, that's what its all about anyway.........to a person, these meatheads hate their own country with a passion. Why? Because that's what progressives do. They made their own personal decisions and are losers and must blame somebody. Why do you think many of their posts scream anger and misery? These are the most horribly miserable people walking the planet and exist in a state of perpetual fantasy..........like if we all dream hard enough and talk together until we are blue in the face the worlds realities will do a 180.:2up:

Im despised on here by all of them because Im in a perpetual state of rolling on the floor laughing when I expose the sham stuff they post up!!:popcorn:

Forum List

Back