Trump promotes fossil fuels and assails pollution rules in energy plan

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

Source: Washington Post

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump vowed Thursday to bring energy independence to America by getting rid of regulations aimed at curbing pollution and emissions of greenhouse gases, and he lashed out at Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton for planning to “unleash” the Environmental Protection Agency “to control every aspect of our lives.”

“I think the federal government should get out of the way,” Trump said in what was billed as a major energy address. “We have so much potential energy people wouldn’t even believe it.”

Trump also repeated claims that he would be able to revive the coal industry and bring back coal-mining jobs by abolishing environmental and climate regulations. “We’re going to save that coal industry, believe me,” he said. “I love those people.”

He added that “market forces are something I don’t want to get involved with. The market force is a beautiful force.”

Speaking at the Williston Basin Petroleum Conference in Bismarck, N.D., he also said, “I am prepared to kick the special interests out of Washington, D.C., and to hand the seat of power over to you.”

Read more: Trump promotes fossil fuels and assails pollution rules in energy plan

Trump wants to destroy our air and shorten life spans. Dumb plan.

Yeah, I'm sure Trump wants to destroy our air and shorten life spans. Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

Trump doesn't want to do anything but say what ever it takes to keep the crazies engaged. If they wanted to supply all our energy by burning puppies, Trump would be for that too.

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump vowed Thursday to bring energy independence to America by getting rid of regulations aimed at curbing pollution and emissions of greenhouse gases, and he lashed out at Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton for planning to “unleash” the Environmental Protection Agency “to control every aspect of our lives.”

“I think the federal government should get out of the way,” Trump said in what was billed as a major energy address. “We have so much potential energy people wouldn’t even believe it.”

Trump also repeated claims that he would be able to revive the coal industry and bring back coal-mining jobs by abolishing environmental and climate regulations. “We’re going to save that coal industry, believe me,” he said. “I love those people.”

He added that “market forces are something I don’t want to get involved with. The market force is a beautiful force.”

Speaking at the Williston Basin Petroleum Conference in Bismarck, N.D., he also said, “I am prepared to kick the special interests out of Washington, D.C., and to hand the seat of power over to you.”

Read more: Trump promotes fossil fuels and assails pollution rules in energy plan

Doing this would bring electricity back down to a reasonable price.

dumbass thinks the EPA is about cutting pollution :2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:. You should have to pass the anti-naive test before being able to post in here.

Good for Trump.....wants the public not to have to deal with a doubling of their electricity bills like Obama!! Progressives want to tax the average man into oblivion, in this case, with a carbon tax. Ghey :gay:

And funny..........most people who are big renewable advocates don't even realize they are advocating for their own electric bills to go from $225/month to almost $500/month. Stoopid jackasses..........jerkoffs also think that EPA passes regulations only to reduce pollution.....no clue about how bureaucracies work. Uninformed assholes are the most dangerous entity facing our country.:coffee:

Sorry, but I love breathing clean air, drinking water that doesn't make me sit on the crapper for hours like in mexico and eating clean food that is regulated. Sorry,,,,

You left wing nut jobs use this lie every time.. get over yourself..

Our CO2 emissions are well below average and our soot output is almost zero (which is real pollution). Your agenda and blame America first crap is total bull shit..

Our CO2 emissions are below the average of what?

Trump also states that there is no drought in California. The man will say whatever he thinks will impress the 'Conservatives', irregardless of the truth of the matter. He is a total demagogue, and a very dangerous man.

Freezing to death in the winter when your solar panels are producing zero watts of energy will shorten your life a lot quicker. Pollution from fossil fuels is so negligible that it's no longer worth worrying about.

First off, a president wouldn't have the power to do that and wouldn't likely get enough congressional support to try to do it.
Second, he was 'Speaking at the Williston Basin Petroleum Conference in Bismarck, N.D.' Wherever he speaks, he says what those people want to hear. He has no real policies or plans, he just says what his audience wants to hear.

First off, a president wouldn't have the power to do that and wouldn't likely get enough congressional support to try to do it.
Second, he was 'Speaking at the Williston Basin Petroleum Conference in Bismarck, N.D.' Wherever he speaks, he says what those people want to hear. He has no real policies or plans, he just says what his audience wants to hear.

Yes, actually, Trump would have the power to do that. Everything done under the Obama administration was through executive fiat. Congress wasn't involved. Anything done by Executive fiat in one administration can be undone by executive fiat in the following administration.

Freezing to death in the winter when your solar panels are producing zero watts of energy will shorten your life a lot quicker. Pollution from fossil fuels is so negligible that it's no longer worth worrying about.
This statement is completely untrue. The US produces more automobile pollution that any other country. From fossil fuel--we have more cars per person than any other country.

Yeah, I'm sure Trump wants to destroy our air and shorten life spans. Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

Do you realize how stupid and dangerous HE sounds and anyone who supports him?

Yes, actually, Trump would have the power to do that. Everything done under the Obama administration was through executive fiat. Congress wasn't involved. Anything done by Executive fiat in one administration can be undone by executive fiat in the following administration.

No he would not. The EPA and its powers, the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, are the work of Congress.

Last edited:

No he would not. The EPA and its powers, the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, are the work of Congress.
Hmmm, no, the EPA's latest batch of regulations were published without any input from Congress. If they can be created without any input from Congress, then they can be rescinded without any input from Congress. Only an imbecile douche bag would deny it.

Last edited:
You don't understand the US government, do you. Laws create a framework around which regulatory agencies, like the EPA, WRITE REGULATIONS. That is one of their primary functions. Congress does NOT create regulations. It is NOT a regulatory agency. It is a legislative body.

Got it?

If Congress wants to rescind a regulation created in response to a law, they would have to modify or rescind the law. Do you really think ANY congress would rescind the Clean Air or Clean Water Acts?

You don't understand the US government, do you. Laws create a framework around which regulatory agencies, like the EPA, WRITE REGULATIONS. That is one of their primary functions. Congress does NOT create regulations. It is NOT a regulatory agency. It is a legislative body.

Got it?

If Congress wants to rescind a regulation created in response to a law, they would have to modify or rescind the law. Do you really think ANY congress would rescind the Clean Air or Clean Water Acts?
I didn't say Congress would rescind the regulation. I said Trump would do it by executive order. You don't seem to understand simple logic: Whatever rule the EPA can create without permission from Congress, it can rescind. When the EPA promulgated it's last batch of regulations against coal, Congress passed no law to authorize it. EPA acted without any action from Congress.

This stuff seems to be going right over your head.

but thats what the trump psychos want to hear..... so he says it. drumpf has no values.

but thats what the trump psychos want to hear..... so he says it. drumpf has no values.

Yes, that is what we want to hear. That's what anyone intelligent wants to hear. Of course, imbecile douche bags like you run shrieking in terror when they hear it.

Music to my ears.

Forum List

Back