Trump Mobilizes His Base But Repels Others Even More

Trump has brought out more voters to the polls, both for him and against him. But mostly against him.

He's also swung the college educated against the GOP, and those who typically don't vote. That's one reason why the Republicans have done poorly in the last two midterms.

since the election of Donald Trump in 2016, “we’ve discovered that Trump turns out more people on our side than theirs” in the battleground states. Before 2016, Podhorzer told me, it was Democrats who had the math problem. Midterm elections had been dominated by a whiter, more conservative electorate. Trump’s win in 2016, however, added a new tranche of voters to the electorate. Using data from the Catalist voter file, Podhorzer estimates that these “new voters” (defined as those who voted in 2018 and 2020, but had not voted in 2014, or, if they were eligible for the first time, voted in 2020), number almost 40 million. These voters aren’t necessarily Democrats, says Podhorzer, but “they are anti-MAGA.”
As such, Democrats’ political success comes down to a pretty simple equation. When those millions of “new voters” show up, Democrats can win. When they don’t, Democrats fall short. ...
“In 2016, despite losing the popular vote, Trump became president by virtue of his Electoral College victory. That election made clear that the political fulcrum would be the states of Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.” Trump won all five of those states in 2016. Since then, however, Republicans have steadily lost ground. “In those five states, on the day that Trump was sworn in, only one state had a Democratic governor (Pennsylvania), only four Democrats served in the Senate, and Democrats did not constitute a majority in any of the 10 state legislative chambers.” Today, however, “four of the five governors will be Democrats, 8 of the 10 Senators will be Democrats, and three of the state legislative chambers will have Democratic majorities.” And, of course, Joe Biden carried every one of those states in 2020.​
Plus, as the Pew Research verified voter study found, voters who sat out 2016 but came out in 2018 and 2020 supported Biden by 26 points.

"Trump has brought out more voters to the polls,"

in politics, that was ages ago

At some point, rage and paranoia no longer sell. If you can't address issues and people like an adult, it wears thin.

The GQP should be learning that now, but whether they are is debatable.
Rage and paranoia sell. Recently, the GOP has become the Boy Who Cried Wolf too many times. Next election we shall see.

At some point, rage and paranoia no longer sell. If you can't address issues and people like an adult, it wears thin.

The GQP should be learning that now, but whether they are is debatable.
Dims have been selling rage and paranoia for 100 years now. What do you call the whole "Russian collusion" hoax?

Democrats have been very successful playing their TRUMP Card

Getting millions in donations and huge voter turnout just out of fear of TRUMP and his followers.

Republicans have obliged them by refusing to cut ties with Trump
Agree. Fear of losing their paycheck for doing absolutely nothing.

Trump has brought out more voters to the polls, both for him and against him. But mostly against him.

He's also swung the college educated against the GOP, and those who typically don't vote. That's one reason why the Republicans have done poorly in the last two midterms.

since the election of Donald Trump in 2016, “we’ve discovered that Trump turns out more people on our side than theirs” in the battleground states. Before 2016, Podhorzer told me, it was Democrats who had the math problem. Midterm elections had been dominated by a whiter, more conservative electorate. Trump’s win in 2016, however, added a new tranche of voters to the electorate. Using data from the Catalist voter file, Podhorzer estimates that these “new voters” (defined as those who voted in 2018 and 2020, but had not voted in 2014, or, if they were eligible for the first time, voted in 2020), number almost 40 million. These voters aren’t necessarily Democrats, says Podhorzer, but “they are anti-MAGA.”
As such, Democrats’ political success comes down to a pretty simple equation. When those millions of “new voters” show up, Democrats can win. When they don’t, Democrats fall short. ...
“In 2016, despite losing the popular vote, Trump became president by virtue of his Electoral College victory. That election made clear that the political fulcrum would be the states of Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.” Trump won all five of those states in 2016. Since then, however, Republicans have steadily lost ground. “In those five states, on the day that Trump was sworn in, only one state had a Democratic governor (Pennsylvania), only four Democrats served in the Senate, and Democrats did not constitute a majority in any of the 10 state legislative chambers.” Today, however, “four of the five governors will be Democrats, 8 of the 10 Senators will be Democrats, and three of the state legislative chambers will have Democratic majorities.” And, of course, Joe Biden carried every one of those states in 2020.​
Plus, as the Pew Research verified voter study found, voters who sat out 2016 but came out in 2018 and 2020 supported Biden by 26 points.

Trump thread 3400573822

Got anything else?

View attachment 745713
Hahaha….trust me, your politics are crystal clear….as are you butt-buddies Tumblin Tumbleweed
I really wish you two would stop with all the “I swear I’m not a leftist” bullshit….it’s time you own your filthy leftism.
I'm a Never Trumper. :dunno: I have always been a Never Trumper. I'm sorry you're too fucking dumb to understand what that entails. I have little in common with the persona you portray me to be. But, you know that, already, magac*nt.

What you claim to stand for in this discussion means nothing…you always seem to forget you have a posting history.
Look, you’re all over the place, you don’t really know where you stand from day to day.…you’re hypocritical as fuck, you rarely make sense as you constantly contradict the fuck out of yourself. How do I work with that shit?
You likely can't. You're a magaturd moron. Your beliefs and reality never seem to intersect. Sad. :itsok:

Forum List

Back