Trump just won the majority of our military. Trump grants pardons to two service members in.....

Trump is wrong – and the thread premise is idiocy.

“The president disrespects the military again with his plan to pardon accused war criminals.

The pardons would also send three terrible messages. First, it sends a message to the troops that they don’t need to focus on the mission or to control their passions; they won’t get punished for lashing out, regardless of what their commanding officers have told them.

Second, it sends a message to troops witnessing a crime of this sort not to bother reporting it to higher-ups. In the case of Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher, the Navy SEAL who routinely shot at civilians in Iraq, the subordinates who first reported him were told to look away; it took courage and great risk for them to press ahead. A presidential pardon would demoralize everyone in that unit and discourage principled behavior in all units in the future.

Finally, it sends a message to the people in countries hosting our troops that the U.S. military is a rogue force and that assurances about its ethos and restraint should not be trusted.

All three of these messages endanger our troops in battle—and further sully the reputation of our country overseas.’

Trump’s Pardoning of Accused War Criminals Will Endanger American Troops

He was captured. He wasn't killed in the battlefield. He was tortured by a soldier and killed in cold blood.

I also support drone strikes as opposed to large personnel conflicts. That has nothing to do with a soldier killing a captured enemy combatant that had been neutralized.

The soldier on the other hand was given a trial. He was convicted by a military jury of his peers. The Pentagon opposed the pardoning. What happened to "support our troops"?
I whole heartedly support our troops. The Pentagon in NOT our troops, it is the machine. Fuck the machine and fuck that bomb maker. Good riddance

The men and women on the jury were the troops, not the pentagon. You wouldn't know support for the troops if it drafted you.
The Pentagon opposed the pardoning.

Can't keep track of your own posts eh?

Yes I know what I typed. The Pentagon is also made up of troops, but I was specifically referring to the trial of his peers that was not given the captured combatant. Is that how you want the enemy to treat our captured soldiers? Do you believe we win by becoming them?
I believe we win by KILLING THEM

And you just make it more obvious you didn't serve.

Maybe the fat asses in the Pentagon think we are still fighting WW2 where the enemy wore a uniform. That Major served six years for ordering his troops to fire on civilians approaching on a motorcycle who refused to stop. What was he supposed to do? The insanity of it all is illustrated by structures in the U.S. desert erected during WW2 to research the best way to kill the maximum number of civilians in a bomb run.

Forum List

Back