Trump Is Truly Demented

As soon as someone starts reducing Americans to mere numbers it is clear they feel nothing for the dead. It's a 9/11 everyday now and the republicans really couldn't care less.

Every single policy decision made reduces people to mere numbers. Being alive means dealing with risk and that risk has to be weighed with every decision made

When you get Covid-19, you may not have symptoms right away. Some people never have any symptoms, or very mild symptoms. So you could be walking around with the virus but not know that you have it. Yet because it's very contagious, you can spread it even if you don't know that you have it. That's what makes it so insidious.

The only way to make sure if someone has Covid-19 is to test them, and if the test is positive, then quarantine them (and anyone they may have been in contact with recently). If we did that aggressively, we could isolate the infected people and eventually stop the spread of the virus.

But Trump doesn't want to do that. He called testing "overrated" (even though HE is tested EVERY day), and said, “When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases.” In other words, Trump doesn't want extensive testing because, inevitably, more cases of Covid-19 would be found, and in his mind, that would make him look bad. He's willing to sacrifice hundreds or thousands of Americans at the altar of his ego. That is truly demented.

I don't believe insidious would be the word I'd use with a 99.5% survival rate.BTW why don't we test everyone for AIDS,Hep C, athlete's foot cause ya never know until you test...The fear mongering has run it's course....
The reason I used the word insidious is because people who are infected and can spread the disease may not know that they're contagious. That's what makes it insidious.

Insidiousness implies intent. Spreading a disease without your knowledge because you're asymptomatic isn't insidious.

If you test negative today, you could test positive tomorrow. So do tell, how you can test everyone everyday until they test positive. We would have to be testing everyone everyday 365 days. And the minute you quarantine everyone for weeks, and they step back out, some will again test positive. It is impossible to keep the virus from spreading. Even when we have a vaccine, most virus vaccines have chances of not working and none work 100%. The flu vaccine last year only had a 40% success rate. So, do we just hibernate forever? Then we will die from from lack of food, depression, domestic abuse, suicide, etc. We have a choice to take proper precautions and go on with life, those with other conditions take the precautions they need and work from home, or all hibernate and die for certain earlier.
"If you test negative today, you could test positive tomorrow." So why bother, huh? That's like saying that it's pointless to eat because you'll just be hungry again later. And it's not true that it's impossible to keep the virus from spreading. It could be done with enough personal hygiene, social distancing, testing, and contact tracing. But I guess that's just too hard, huh?

100000 dead, in just 2 months, with social distancing and shut down....
I think you mean 89,000 dead in just 6 months

because the chinese disease has been around at least that long

and thats when humans had no herd immunity

and when we didnt know how deadly it is for old people in nursing homes

they should be isolated and given frequent testing along with employing extreme preventative measures

for the rest of us social distancing and frequent hand washing are the best we can expect in a free society

but no matter what we do people with pre-existing conditions are always going to be at risk
They have now found at least two deaths in February that can be attributed to Covid-19, but that still means that the disease has been in the U.S. for four months, not six. 89,000 is the correct number of deaths (at the moment).

When you get Covid-19, you may not have symptoms right away. Some people never have any symptoms, or very mild symptoms. So you could be walking around with the virus but not know that you have it. Yet because it's very contagious, you can spread it even if you don't know that you have it. That's what makes it so insidious.

The only way to make sure if someone has Covid-19 is to test them, and if the test is positive, then quarantine them (and anyone they may have been in contact with recently). If we did that aggressively, we could isolate the infected people and eventually stop the spread of the virus.

But Trump doesn't want to do that. He called testing "overrated" (even though HE is tested EVERY day), and said, “When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases.” In other words, Trump doesn't want extensive testing because, inevitably, more cases of Covid-19 would be found, and in his mind, that would make him look bad. He's willing to sacrifice hundreds or thousands of Americans at the altar of his ego. That is truly demented.

I don't believe insidious would be the word I'd use with a 99.5% survival rate.BTW why don't we test everyone for AIDS,Hep C, athlete's foot cause ya never know until you test...The fear mongering has run it's course....
The reason I used the word insidious is because people who are infected and can spread the disease may not know that they're contagious. That's what makes it insidious.

Insidiousness implies intent. Spreading a disease without your knowledge because you're asymptomatic isn't insidious.
You're wrong. Insidious is defined as "proceeding in a gradual, subtle way, but with harmful effects." Intent is NOT implied.

If you test negative today, you could test positive tomorrow. So do tell, how you can test everyone everyday until they test positive. We would have to be testing everyone everyday 365 days. And the minute you quarantine everyone for weeks, and they step back out, some will again test positive. It is impossible to keep the virus from spreading. Even when we have a vaccine, most virus vaccines have chances of not working and none work 100%. The flu vaccine last year only had a 40% success rate. So, do we just hibernate forever? Then we will die from from lack of food, depression, domestic abuse, suicide, etc. We have a choice to take proper precautions and go on with life, those with other conditions take the precautions they need and work from home, or all hibernate and die for certain earlier.
I was tested negative and the papers given me afterward say that is no guarantee
My point.
we have no argument on this point But what do you think of the moron in our WH setting an example for his dolts by not wearing a mask?
That's a real leader!

You're wrong. Insidious is defined as "proceeding in a gradual, subtle way, but with harmful effects." Intent is NOT implied.

It is from the Latin ... to ambush, a verb that implies intent.

Last time I checked, we're not speaking Latin. The English meaning does not imply intent. Look it up.

Last time I checked, we're not speaking Latin. The English meaning does not imply intent. Look it up.
Lots of words derived from Latin have different meanings in English. I took Latin in college -- I don't think you want to debate me about it.

I took Latin in college

Seminary School?

"Mater tua tam obesa est ut cum Romae est urbs habet octo colles."
Yeah, right. I'm so religious. But your quote is funny! How about this one? "Mater semper certa est, pater semper incertus est."
And there's always my favorite Latin phrase: "Semper ubi sub ubi."
Bluzman, am I your special project or something? Why do you bother to "Dislike" ALL my posts? Don't you have anything better to do? But please, tell me what "Semper ubi sub ubi" means, since you "Dislike" it.

but you claim that it's "much less deadly"? Than what?
much less deadly that liberals told us it would be

And even for many of them it could have just bedn an honest mistake

Examples of death in Italy and Spain were pretty scary and no one wanted that to happen here

and it didnt

now the more we test the more we know about the chinese disease

and its obviously not as bad as we feared

100000 dead, in just 2 months, with social distancing and shut down....
I think you mean 89,000 dead in just 6 months

because the chinese disease has been around at least that long

and thats when humans had no herd immunity

and when we didnt know how deadly it is for old people in nursing homes

they should be isolated and given frequent testing along with employing extreme preventative measures

for the rest of us social distancing and frequent hand washing are the best we can expect in a free society

but no matter what we do people with pre-existing conditions are always going to be at risk
They have now found at least two deaths in February that can be attributed to Covid-19, but that still means that the disease has been in the U.S. for four months, not six. 89,000 is the correct number of deaths (at the moment).
I think you will find that it was on the west coast in december if not earlier

Many people had it already but didnt know it because the symptoms were so mild

Forum List

Back