Trump is expected to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and move the US embassy

Lets hope Trump goes through with it:cool:

2017-12-05t142139z1lynxmpedb412mrtroptp4usa-trump-israel.jpg

• President Donald Trump is expected to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital on Wednesday.
  • Trump is also expected to relocate the US embassy to Jerusalem.
  • The move is reportedly opposed by top officials, including Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, and would upend decades of U.S. policy and risk fueling violence in the Middle East.
Trump is expected to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and move the US embassy to the city
How many Americans do you think will get killed who live overseas from this? How many of our us military will be killed....from the civil unrest that this will cause throughout the region....?

Not more than Americans are killed worldwide. Why do you think it will change things that much? Palestinians will want to kill more Jews regardless or not of Jerusalem.

Americans can say in their safety bubble.
NOTE! I am pro Israel...

But I heard on the news last night that our military the past week has been shifting to re-position themselves in to HOT SPOTS in the middle east/Africa that they expect rioting and terrorist actions to increase against our own people stationed there and against the people living there DUE TO this stance of Trump/Kushner with Jerusalem....

so the Trump administration is EXPECTING civil unrest throughout the region...

This could be a 'disturbing the Hornet's nest' situation! :eek:

So I think you are WRONG on terrorism being just normal day in and day out...our gvt doesn't think so....they think disturbances will increase.

The way I see it,
prolonging the she situation when for years US uncertainty caused unrests, by keeping this decision in the air while reminding about it during each new presidency. This situation of uncertainty causes more damage in the long run.

Stop changing Your mind, either do it or don't.

The only thing I’m afraid of is that there is no long term, coherent and consistent foreign policy when it comes to Israel. The next time a dem is in charge Israel is fucked.

Depends on Your world view.
Kings' hearts are like streams of rivers in G-d's hands.

If one is for America first, what are the advantages to it for instigating upset in the Middle East?

Moving the embassy will cause WWIII?:eusa_eh:
I can't understand why the un-washed would start a war because the U.S. changed embassy location. They need to get off welfare an get a job.

Then you should read up on the subject, and the shit storm a move like that would cause.
Very familiar with the subject (since 1945) and shit storms happen.

It will be fun watching the Palestinians act like Palestinians after this move is over.

So, no chance of ever working a Peace agreement in the future? Is that the goal? Maybe it is?
It takes two to make peace. Egypt wanted peace. Jordan wanted peace.
When have the Arab Palestinians with Husseini, Arafat and Abbas as their leaders wanted peace?

So, no chance of ever working a Peace agreement in the future? Is that the goal? Maybe it is?

Far better chance for peace if Jerusalem becomes Israel's capitol. Hopefully then after the Pali's riot they will eventually come to understand Israel's past treatment of them with peace offerings, security fence & land concessions has always failed.

U.S. government recognizing Jerusalem as capital. .... :cool:

Pro's for America ..... zero, nada, zip

Con's ..... making 1.5 billion people PO'ed at America
You are assuming that ALL 1.5 billion Muslims are blood thirsty fanatics.

Why are you insulting those who are not?

They all are bloodthirsty fanatics, or they support bloodthirsty fanatics.

I hope Trump gets away with this without the Muslim violence causing him problems.

What I wonder is whether Israel really wants this.

There is no insult.

Muslim people around the world will be upset of the U.S. government declares Jerusalem the capital of the terrorist state of Israel. .... :cool:
Yes, many will be. But not ALL 1.5 Billion of them as you wrote in the earlier post.

Many Muslims who live in Israel and many others who are pro Israel will be celebrating along with Israel.

:mm::mm::mm:

They all are bloodthirsty fanatics, or they support bloodthirsty fanatics.

I hope Trump gets away with this without the Muslim violence causing him problems.

What I wonder is whether Israel really wants this.
Jerusalem has been the Capital of Israel for 3000 years, with sovereignty over the land or not.

Israel did annex the Jewish Quarter taken in 1948, in 1967.

Israel is more than ready for others to recognize the fact that Jerusalem IS, and always will be, the Capital of Israel.

And it is more than ready for whatever the Arabs and Iranians have to throw at it to "scare" it into forgetting about the idea.

Forum List

Back