Trump: I Won't Attend White House Correspondents Dinner

It is very, very :cool-45: that Trump is not attending. By doing so, he's telling the liberal press and their followers to "go suck balls" which is what they normally do, anyways.

He's telling the world that he's a coward. But we already know that.

Sniffle. The president is not attending your elitist showboat session filled with assholes who want to talk shit about him, anyways. Woh is you, bitch.
He didn't go to the Gridiron dinner either. Instead, Trump retreated to his "safe space." Funny considering that Trump has spent the majority of his adult life craving the spotlight, and now that he is the center of attention, he eschews his two earliest opportunities to, with his social and political peers, bask in the glow of the glory he's for some 40 odd years craven.

President Donald Trump said Saturday that he will not attend the annual White House correspondents dinner this year.

The annual gathering, hosted by the White House Correspondents Association, is usually attended by the president, reporters from media outlets that cover the White House, and celebrities.

Trump’s announcement, which gave no reason, came after a sustained attack on the media. He recently called news organizations “the enemy,” and the White House on Friday excluded several major outlets, The Huffington Post among them, from a press briefing.

Bloomberg and Vanity Fair, which host one of the hottest parties in Washington the weekend of the annual dinner, have announced they would not hold the event this year. CNN, frequently criticized by Trump, has been contemplating sitting out the dinner.

The annual dinner also features a roast of the president by a comedian ― something that may not have gone over with the notoriously thin-skinned Trump.

Trump has been stung by the event before ― in 2011, when then-President Barack Obama roasted him. At the time, Trump had been falsely claiming that Obama was not born in the United States and was pushing him to release his birth certificate.

More: Trump Says He Will Not Attend Annual White House Correspondents

Gee, I wonder why. I believe the dinner is scheduled for April 29 or 30, 2017. I've seen conflicting dates. Will President Obama be there? I chuckle as I imagine him hosting the event after the roasting he gave Trump in 2011. Video below...

America no longer pays attention to New York City biased fake news.

It is very, very :cool-45: that Trump is not attending. By doing so, he's telling the liberal press and their followers to "go suck balls" which is what they normally do, anyways.

Sniffle. The president is not attending your elitist showboat session filled with assholes who want to talk shit about him, anyways. Woh is you, bitch.
He didn't go to the Gridiron dinner either. Instead, Trump retreated to his "safe space." Funny considering that Trump has spent the majority of his adult life craving the spotlight, and now that he is the center of attention, he eschews his two earliest opportunities to, with his social and political peers, bask in the glow of the glory he's for some 40 odd years craven.

You've created a false equivalency. Trump eschewed the vipers. He's right to not reward bad behavior.

You've created a false equivalency. Trump eschewed the vipers. He's right to not reward bad behavior.

No, I haven't created a false equivalency. [1] I haven't because I've not compared anything other than Trump's own behavior before and after his obtaining the physical ultimate in being the center of attention. Surely you don't think Trump is suddenly any less an "attention whore" than he was before being elected POTUS? After all, were he not, we'd never have heard him talking about the size of his inaugural crowds. The man, as shown elsewhere, is the very opposite of the Buddhist idea of Enlightenment; he is rather the consummate "Transcendental Solipsist." He is even more so now than he was before his ascendancy to the White House.

Do you know what not appearing at either event shows Trump truly to be? A cowardly bully. He's more than happy to with sincere vitriol levy his puerile attacks at others, but is too chickshit to stand and receive good natured ribbing. His absence shows him, in complete contravention of his "tough guy" bluster and braggadocio, to be a flatulently ego-onanizing charlatan.

And don't kid yourself. The Gridiron and WHCA dinners are a great hoot whether Trump is there or not. He's not rewarding anyone by not showing up. Remember, the members of those two organizations will be at the centers of everything that goes on everywhere, even if they are not the actors about whom all the hubbub is made. The POTUS, every POTUS, enjoys that same spotlight for at most eight years. One might roughly think of it thus: though a king and his courtiers symbiotically exist, the courtiers can far more easily find a new king than the king find new courtiers, unless, of course, the king is of a mind to truly be an inveterately tyrannical despot.

Note:
  1. Perhaps I've created a false "equivalancy." I wouldn't have known if I had. I presume it has something to do with jousting.

No, I haven't created a false equivalency. [1] I haven't because I've not compared anything other than Trump's own behavior before and after his obtaining the physical ultimate in being the center of attention. Surely you don't think Trump is suddenly any less an "attention whore" than he was before being elected POTUS? After all, were he not, we'd never have heard him talking about the size of his inaugural crowds. The man, as shown elsewhere, is the very opposite of the Buddhist idea of Enlightenment; he is rather the consummate "Transcendental Solipsist." He is even more so now than he was before his ascendancy to the White House.

Do you know what not appearing at either event shows Trump truly to be? A cowardly bully. He's more than happy to with sincere vitriol levy his puerile attacks at others, but is too chickshit to stand and receive good natured ribbing. His absence shows him, in complete contravention of his "tough guy" bluster and braggadocio, to be a flatulently ego-onanizing charlatan.

And don't kid yourself. The Gridiron and WHCA dinners are a great hoot whether Trump is there or not. He's not rewarding anyone by not showing up. Remember, the members of those two organizations will be at the centers of everything that goes on everywhere, even if they are not the actors about whom all the hubbub is made. The POTUS, every POTUS, enjoys that same spotlight for at most eight years. One might roughly think of it thus: though a king and his courtiers symbiotically exist, the courtiers can far more easily find a new king than the king find new courtiers, unless, of course, the king is of a mind to truly be an inveterately tyrannical despot.

Note:
  1. Perhaps I've created a false "equivalancy." I wouldn't have known if I had. I presume it has something to do with jousting.

It's a false equivalency b/c your making it about whether or not he gets attention. Even "attention whores" eschew jackasses.

Do you know what not appearing at either event shows Trump truly to be? A cowardly bully. He's more than happy to with sincere vitriol levy his puerile attacks at others, but is too chickshit to stand and receive good natured ribbing.

:lmao: "a good natured ribbing"

No, it's partisan butthurt.

Do you know what not appearing at either event shows Trump truly to be? A cowardly bully. He's more than happy to with sincere vitriol levy his puerile attacks at others, but is too chickshit to stand and receive good natured ribbing.

It's apparently escaped you that the membership of the NPC and the GC includes both liberal and conservative journalists.

It's apparently escaped you that the membership of the NPC and the GC includes both liberal and conservative journalists.

:lmao: "Membership" is a bunch of corporate lobbyists.

The membership of both clubs is journalists.

Lobbyists have their own clubs and organizations. In D.C. one can readily find them in the Alibi, along with the Metropolitan, Cosmos, University Club, though membership in those organizations, unlike that of the GC and NPC, aren't limited to individuals of a given profession. Lobbyists also abound in the D.C. area's country clubs, particularly Burning Tree, Columbia and Chevy Chase.

The membership of both clubs is journalists.

Lobbyists have their own clubs and organizations. In D.C. one can readily find them in the Alibi, along with the Metropolitan, Cosmos, University Club, though membership in those organizations, unlike that of the GC and NPC, aren't limited to individuals of a given profession. Lobbyists also abound in the D.C. area's country clubs, particularly Burning Tree, Columbia and Chevy Chase.

Journalists do the bidding of their corporate masters. Very few are any better than the classified lobbyists.

Trump is still counting his "accomplishments". How hard is it to count to ONE? They even had to cheat to get Gorsuch.

This is hilarious! Trump trying to steal the limelight once again. He is shallow, insecure - and stupid.

Trump Announces Rally On Same Night As White House Correspondents Dinner

"Steal the limelight." :lmao:

You're just mad the headliner's playing a different venue. Because who really gives a shit about the correspondent's dinner w/o Trump it turns out.

Maybe President Obama and Hillary will attend in Trump's place.

Sure. The "journalists" probably miss that slobbering love affair.

Forum List

Back