Trump goes there: insinuates that Megyn Kelly was menstruating during debate

Anyone who has worked with women in the office know that "that time of month" is hell for not only the woman. A womans hormones make her unpredictable day to day. Trust me, I know. I work with several.

I'm a libertarian so I'm about as far right as they come. I like Trump and I used to like Kelly. Anyone who watched that debate who didn't think she focused on him is a moron. Just look at the speaking time each candidate had. Trump had like 2-3x the time on air as the person in 2nd place. Had they been fair at the debate, it would have been very close to even. If a moderator keeps harping on one candidate, they get all the airtime.
They cannot ask Trump about the things he has accomplished in office as he has never held office. Asking him about his juvenile name calling is completely appropriate. Asking all candidates whether they would support the eventual nominee is appropriate. Just because he is too much of an asshole to be able to answer those questions is his problem, not Kelly's.

I think you're full of shit. They didn't ask Ben Carson one single question about neurosurgery!

This was a PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE! (...Or, at least that was what Fox billed it as.) The men on that stage are competing for the highest office in the land at a time when this country is in peril. SO many pressing issues and problems we are facing and SO little time for each candidate to discuss their ideas on how to resolve these problems and tackle the issues.... to explain how their campaign can defeat the Democrats.... And Fox News decided to ask entertainment tabloid-style gossip questions to the leading candidate. Nothing about it was appropriate.

The pledge question was also a set-up to single out Trump. It was obvious to everyone who watched objectively, they were clearly on a mission to marginalize Trump. Oh, they took their turn with other "tea party" candidates as well... asking Cruz if he "received messages from God..." sounded like something one of you Atheist scumbuckets would have popped off in sarcasm. Yeah, let's get Cruz to talk about Jesus! They tried their best to sabotage every conservative up there while glorifying Jeb, Christie and Kasich and feeding them questions which let them shine.

Not only was it inappropriate, it was shameful.

So, you are not aware of his entire comment? You missed the part where he said bleeding from the eyes or "bleeding from wherever"? Those who claim that he was not making a reference to a "hormonal woman" are either lying or really, really stupid. So, Peach, which are you?

No moron... those who claim he meant something he didn't say are dishonest liars.

Anyone who has worked with women in the office know that "that time of month" is hell for not only the woman. A womans hormones make her unpredictable day to day. Trust me, I know. I work with several.

I'm a libertarian so I'm about as far right as they come. I like Trump and I used to like Kelly. Anyone who watched that debate who didn't think she focused on him is a moron. Just look at the speaking time each candidate had. Trump had like 2-3x the time on air as the person in 2nd place. Had they been fair at the debate, it would have been very close to even. If a moderator keeps harping on one candidate, they get all the airtime.
They cannot ask Trump about the things he has accomplished in office as he has never held office. Asking him about his juvenile name calling is completely appropriate. Asking all candidates whether they would support the eventual nominee is appropriate. Just because he is too much of an asshole to be able to answer those questions is his problem, not Kelly's.

I think you're full of shit. They didn't ask Ben Carson one single question about neurosurgery!

This was a PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE! (...Or, at least that was what Fox billed it as.) The men on that stage are competing for the highest office in the land at a time when this country is in peril. SO many pressing issues and problems we are facing and SO little time for each candidate to discuss their ideas on how to resolve these problems and tackle the issues.... to explain how their campaign can defeat the Democrats.... And Fox News decided to ask entertainment tabloid-style gossip questions to the leading candidate. Nothing about it was appropriate.

The pledge question was also a set-up to single out Trump. It was obvious to everyone who watched objectively, they were clearly on a mission to marginalize Trump. Oh, they took their turn with other "tea party" candidates as well... asking Cruz if he "received messages from God..." sounded like something one of you Atheist scumbuckets would have popped off in sarcasm. Yeah, let's get Cruz to talk about Jesus! They tried their best to sabotage every conservative up there while glorifying Jeb, Christie and Kasich and feeding them questions which let them shine.

Not only was it inappropriate, it was shameful.
Frankly, Carson would not have sounded like such a complete and total idiot had they asked him about the one thing he knows: medicine. Instead, Carson bases his "tax reform" on the bible. They asked Trump noting about his business; they asked him about his childish habit of responding to any criticism by attacking the personal characteristics go those who criticize him. His constant need to tell everyone how smart he is; how good a negotiator he is; how rich he is is sad and pathetic. The questions did not make Trump look anything; his silly answers did. He could have responded to Kelly's question by acknowledging that as President he would have to be a little more careful. He could have responded by dismissing the question and talking about his record of hiring women. He chose, however, to repeat the nonsense and whine about him not being politically correct. He cannot discuss the substance of any issue, that is why he does that. The pledge question was entirely appropriate in a "Republican Debate". They are supposed to be trying to convince Republican voters to vote for them. Having a very loose commitment to the party is relevant. Particularly when the person was, for most of his life, a Democrat and has given far more money to Democrats in the past.

Bullshit. He thought he was being funny. He was clearly referring to her being hormonal.

Clearly, he didn't SAY that!
Clearly, you are interjecting your interpretation.
Right. The entire nation is wrong and some miscreant with the obviously ironic screen name "Boss" is right.

You have a link to that? That the entire nation believes Trump was talking about Megan's period?
Nothing in this Nation has 100% agreement on much of anything let alone about this.

Frankly, Carson would not have sounded like such a complete and total idiot had they asked him about the one thing he knows: medicine. Instead, Carson bases his "tax reform" on the bible. They asked Trump noting about his business; they asked him about his childish habit of responding to any criticism by attacking the personal characteristics go those who criticize him. His constant need to tell everyone how smart he is; how good a negotiator he is; how rich he is is sad and pathetic. The questions did not make Trump look anything; his silly answers did. He could have responded to Kelly's question by acknowledging that as President he would have to be a little more careful. He could have responded by dismissing the question and talking about his record of hiring women. He chose, however, to repeat the nonsense and whine about him not being politically correct. He cannot discuss the substance of any issue, that is why he does that. The pledge question was entirely appropriate in a "Republican Debate". They are supposed to be trying to convince Republican voters to vote for them. Having a very loose commitment to the party is relevant. Particularly when the person was, for most of his life, a Democrat and has given far more money to Democrats in the past.

I disagree... When a supposed "journalist" ambushes you with a loaded and leading question like the one she asked, you have to confront their tactics and set the record straight. He did that. She could have posed a legitimate question to Trump regarding women's issues in a way that respected him and she didn't do that. Instead, she attempted to smear him with a bunch of examples given out-of-context and with NO context, for the SOLE PURPOSE of making him look bad... didn't matter what his answer was.

Again... the pledge question was intended to single out Trump... I don't really care if you are too shallow-minded to comprehend that fact. The only person on that stage that anyone has even talked about running 3rd party is Trump. When he asked for a "show of hands" he already knew the only person who would raise their hand was Trump.

All through the debate, they would ask Trump a loaded question about his views then turn to another of the candidates and ask them about Trump's view, trying desperately to start a food fight.

Before this spectacle, MSNBC held the record for most despicable attempt at a presidential debate..Fox now holds that title.

Bullshit. He thought he was being funny. He was clearly referring to her being hormonal.

Clearly, he didn't SAY that!
Clearly, you are interjecting your interpretation.
Right. The entire nation is wrong and some miscreant with the obviously ironic screen name "Boss" is right.

See... that's the problem with pea-brain liberals such as yourself... You have this mental disorder which makes you believe with all your heart that "the entire nation" thinks and feels the same about things as you do.

Three respected and legitimate polls indicated that Trump WON the debate and it wasn't even close.

And Paddy talks about asking Trump about his accomplishments in office. What were Obama's in 2008? 100 days as a senator before running for president? Voting "present" on everything?

Trump has accomplished more BEFORE being elected than Obama has accomplished SINCE. Trump knows how to make money WITHOUT the gov'ts help. Obama can't make a dime unless he takes it from someone with the IRS as his strong arm.

Last edited:
Trump insinuated no such thing. Blood can spurt out of eyes, nose throat and ears. . It's a common reference to make..
Yeah, that's likely what he meant. Even though he's a lifelong misogynist, he put that aside during the debate when a woman was asking him tough questions.

I bet every time you step onto a car dealership, you leave an hour later with a car and not the one you wanted.

Trump insinuated no such thing. Blood can spurt out of eyes, nose throat and ears. . It's a common reference to make..
Seeing blood in someones eyes is common and has been around for ages. It doesn't mean literal blood. It means you see vengeance, hostility or hatred in a person glare. Just because Trump is able to play you does not mean he can play the rest of us. Trump wasn't talking about seeing blood squirting out of Kelly's eyes. He was saying he saw hostility and she was on her period. It was crude and offensive and he and his supporters are cowards for not admitting it and instead trying to spin a bullshit lie to cover his ugliness and low class behavior.

Seeing blood in someones eyes is common and has been around for ages. It doesn't mean literal blood. It means you see vengeance, hostility or hatred in a person glare. Just because Trump is able to play you does not mean he can play the rest of us. Trump wasn't talking about seeing blood squirting out of Kelly's eyes. He was saying he saw hostility and she was on her period. It was crude and offensive and he and his supporters are cowards for not admitting it and instead trying to spin a bullshit lie to cover his ugliness and low class behavior.
Branch Trumpidian cultists bend over backwards not to see it for themselves.

McCain is a hero.
And unless you're a U.S. military combat veteran with an experience more harrowing than being a 5 year long guest of the Viet Cong at the Hanoi Hilton, then perhaps you may wish to consider your standards of who you declare is, or is not a hero.

McCain has overplayed his hero status.....being a hero doesnt give you better judgement necessarily. McCain called a bunch of people "crazies"...hes an ass...and would have gotten us into even more of a quagmire in the middle-east if he had been elected.....

he should retire

Trump wasn't talking about seeing blood squirting out of Kelly's eyes. He was saying he saw hostility and she was on her period.
No... he said "blood coming out of her eyes, or wherever." YOU interpreted the "wherever" to mean her vagina because you're a deviant little pervert who's mind automatically goes there. And you assume everyone's mind also is as sick and twisted as yours and goes there too.

And even IF Trump meant her period... so fucking what? Are menstrual cycles a taboo subject now? We have women flopping out their titties in restaurants all over the country to feed their baby, daring anyone to say a word about this "perfectly natural" function, but we're hung up on women's periods? It is a conclusive biological fact that women on their period are more irritable and cranky... is it not? So what's wrong with pointing out that might have been her problem? I think it's commendable that Trump tried to find a rational excuse rather than say she was an incompetent bimbo.

I'm sorry as a woman my mind absolutely did /not/ make that connection what-so-ever. In fact, having listened to the comment numerous times now, I am /still/ struggling to make the connection... Blood coming out of his/her eyes is a fairly common statement up here, it has absolutely /nothing/ to do with periods (or even blood for that matter) it basically means they were on a war path, were seeking vengeance, basically that they were angry. The comment he made, the way he said it, my first thought was actually that he was like reading a prepared comment off a sheet of paper and lost his place for a second (idk if that's what happened, don't know that I'd be happy if he had to prepare a statement or not either, but that's just how it came off to me.)

Either way, I've actually watched a number of Trumps silly reality TV shows, not my bag, but I've never seen him mistreat women, if anything he seems to adores women. He's owned the Miss USA and Miss Universe for quite a long time; these are celebrations of women, not just their beauty, but their minds as well. As much as I dislike the shallow beauty pageant women I've ran into, the fact remains, that these women are certainly not just pretty faces - fucking bitches truth be told, ruthless, intelligent bitches who know exactly what they want and push themselves constantly to achieve their goals. Trust me a pretty face is not enough to win a contest... In any event, he might be a bit more "traditional" than most men, but I've never seen him as sexist or putting women as a whole down. The "less than pleasing" comments he's made, have been directed at specific women he dislikes, rather than /all/ women - and I think that's a very important clarification that the media is leaving off in order to spin that he's a sexist. Though to be fair, I admit I have a soft spot for "assholes," my husband and nearly all my friends are "assholes" with no filter too, I enjoy that... idk "fight" I guess, a shared power/confidence/intelligence I can respect or something like that (Basically I like people who believe what they believe, have a reason for what they believe, and are not wishy-washy, I like people who say what they mean, people I can have a conversation with, rather than more of an I'm telling them what to think. I use sheep, but assholes I see as equals maybe lol)

Anyway, in the whole picture, I'm not sure what to make of Trump, I mean there's no doubt in my mind he has financial prowess we could use as a country, and I can appreciate that he doesn't mince words, dumping the PC bullshit and all that. However, I'm not sure where he stands on quite a few of my personal key issues. We'll see if he actually puts out some standings I can follow or not - so far its looking like we're not on the same page for religious based issues, but I've yet to hear if he intends to enact his religious law or not. I oft end up compromising one way or the other because I tend to align with Republicans on budget, Democrats on "religious" issues, and smaller parties on many other issues. Sucks not being "in" the party sometimes...

Forum List

Back