Trump Economy creates 263,000 jobs in April, unemployment falls to 3.6%

Very nice. With unemployment this low, this probably means that people are still re-entering.

Wage growth, very nice.

Nice, nice, nice.

What the heck are you talking about? You claim to be an expert...and you call that report ‘nice, nice, nice’?

Weekly earnings were down (due to less hours worked). And the hourly earnings were only up a pathetic 6 cents (not even a 1/4 of 1% by my quick math).
Plus, the Household Survey showed a LOSS of employed (103,000 people). How can you praise the unemployment rate on one hand and then COMPLETELY ignore the survey numbers it is based on?
Employment Situation Summary Table B. Establishment data, seasonally adjusted
Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

And the Establishment Survey job number (with it’s silly Birth/Death Model) is a semi-joke.

If you are SUCH an ‘expert’...you should be aware of all of the above. Yet you seem blissfully unaware of any bad news in the report.

No offense intended...just sayin’.

I just have to ask, Have you no shame? And, Do you think people are so dumb that they will not easily see how dishonestly selective you are being?

You cherry-pick a tiny handful of stats that are more than offset by other--more important--stats, and then you act like the April jobs numbers are bad. Just absurd.

Wages? Up?

Jobs? 263,000 new jobs.

Female unemployment? All-time low.

Black and Hispanic unemployment? All-time lows.

Unemployment rate? The lowest in 50 YEARS.

The U-6? The lowest in well over a decade.

But, no, you ignore all this and focus on weekly hours and loss of employment. Did your eyes just miss the part where the report said that "Over the month, the number of unemployed persons decreased by 387,000 to 5.8 million"? Did you get that? The number of UNemployed people DEcreased by 387,000.
Exactly. And as folks come off Social Security Disability and Food Stamps into entry level jobs, they shift the average down slightly, which is perfectly expected in a solid expansion like this.

We felt the drop in income we experienced under Obama in 2015 and 2016 as he left, and we felt the shift from falling income to rising income once Trump took over.

Year end numbers:

fredgraph.png

Obama's 2.9% in 2015 was followed Q1-16 growth of 1.6%
Trump's 2.9% growth in 2018 was followed by Q1-19 growth of 3.2% which is twice as good. Your question is easy enough to answer, but the first question you need to answer is:

"WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE US ECONOMY?"

Once you know that answer you will understand why Trump continues to enjoy such amazing economic success with nearly inflation free growth rates, fifty percent higher than Obama's.
...Yes economy is doing good so far with Trump, but it has done well under Obama...
Trump's first full 8 quarters are 50% better than Obama's.
...by the way, that was without a 1.5Trillion dollar tax-cutting stimulus and what shaping up to be trillion dollar deficits...
Despite 50% higher GDP growth rates and several interest rate hikes by the Fed, Trump has run up LESS debt than Obama did over the same time period at the end of Obama's presidency.

Trump has been President for 833 days and the Federal debt has increased by
$2,080,195,217,284.10 during that time.

Over Obama's final 833 days, he ran the debt up $2,088,824,525,722.20. So Trump is better on this measure in nominal terms and significantly better on an inflation adjusted basis.
antontoo wrote:
...you can have a huge increase in very short period of time that is not representative of the average...
833 days is his ENTIRE Presidency and he has run up LESS debt in his entire presidency than Obama did in his time as President, of the same length, and near to the same period on the calendar as possible.

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

...we do not have “50%” more GDP growth ...
We most certainly do.

Obama's last 8 full quarters averaged 1.94%.
4th 16 1.8
3rd 16 1.9
2nd 16 2.3
1st 16 1.5
4th 15 0.4
3rd 15 1
2nd 15 3.3
1st 15 3.3

Trump's first 8 full quarters averaged 2.91%
1st 19 3.2
4th 18 2.2
3rd 18 3.4
2nd 18 4.2
1st 18 2.2
4th 17 2.3
3rd 17 2.8
2nd 17 3

Trump's growth rate is 50% better than Obama's "new normal.".

The facts speak for themselves, Trump is simply much better at this than Obama was. Don't be sad about this. You were satisfied with Obama's growth and Trump's is 50% better. Be happy for your fellow Americans.

You are just a liar. I posted the entire GDP growth graph, it speaks for itself.

Not sure who you're talking to when you say "retard", anton.
Let me ask you....how can this not be Trump's economy when he got rid of the Obama regulations?
Think about it before you answer.

Also, you might want to look at 'Real GDP' growth. It's more accurate than GDP growth.

Let me help you with that.
Real GDP growth, anton

Dec 31, 2018 2.97%.......Trump
Dec 31, 2017 2.47%.......Trump
Dec 31, 2016 1.88%.......Obama
Dec 31, 2015 2.00%.......Obama

Please don't get all emotional and call me names when you get done looking at those numbers.

...please stop opening your mouth, you have NO IDEA what you are saying or why.

These are the annual basis REAL GDP growth numbers

RealGDP.png

And you still have not at all answered anything I said, because you obviously have trouble understanding the difference between mere correlations and what it takes to even begin to establish macroeconomic causations.
You must be in your 20's or 30's thinking you have it all figured out.

US Real GDP Growth Rate by Year

Dec 31, 2018 2.97%
Dec 31, 2017 2.47%
Dec 31, 2016 1.88%
Dec 31, 2015 2.00%
Dec 31, 2014 2.70%
Dec 31, 2013 2.61%

Dec 31, 2012 1.47%
Dec 31, 2011 1.61%
Dec 31, 2010 2.57%
Dec 31, 2009 0.18%

I'll go with an economic source over your political source any day...especially Fact Check.

Please note the 2% rate in 2015 and then the 1.88% in 2016, showing a weakening economy
under the pressures from Obama's regulations.

Now.....for you sonny....Go Pound Sand!

You fucking Idiot, the numbers are from BEA just like your numbers. However I’m using the standard ANNUAL basis, while you are using a non-standard period comparison.
Bullshit, you buffoon. Mine was annual. I linked my source, you link yours.
Not only were his economic recovery numbers anemic, he also had the fed reserve
lending rate at nearly 0% his entire time in office. Which was historic, and he couldn't kick start
a strong economy given that. Hell, that had to be embarrassing.

Who knew rightwingers would get this excited about sub 3% growth with no “4,5 or even 6%” in sight. :lol:

Go look up definition of ANNUAL BASIS directly from BEA, and while you are down there look at what those numbers are.
No link to your graph, huh? Got it. :rolleyes-41:

...Yes economy is doing good so far with Trump, but it has done well under Obama...
...by the way, that was without a 1.5Trillion dollar tax-cutting stimulus and what shaping up to be trillion dollar deficits...
Despite 50% higher GDP growth rates and several interest rate hikes by the Fed, Trump has run up LESS debt than Obama did over the same time period at the end of Obama's presidency.

Over Obama's final 833 days, he ran the debt up $2,088,824,525,722.20. So Trump is better on this measure in nominal terms and significantly better on an inflation adjusted basis.
antontoo wrote:
...you can have a huge increase in very short period of time that is not representative of the average...
833 days is his ENTIRE Presidency and he has run up LESS debt in his entire presidency than Obama did in his time as President, of the same length, and near to the same period on the calendar as possible.

...we do not have “50%” more GDP growth ...
We most certainly do.

Obama's last 8 full quarters averaged 1.94%.
4th 16 1.8
3rd 16 1.9
2nd 16 2.3
1st 16 1.5
4th 15 0.4
3rd 15 1
2nd 15 3.3
1st 15 3.3

Trump's first 8 full quarters averaged 2.91%
1st 19 3.2
4th 18 2.2
3rd 18 3.4
2nd 18 4.2
1st 18 2.2
4th 17 2.3
3rd 17 2.8
2nd 17 3

Trump's growth rate is 50% better than Obama's "new normal.".

The facts speak for themselves, Trump is simply much better at this than Obama was. Don't be sad about this. You were satisfied with Obama's growth and Trump's is 50% better. Be happy for your fellow Americans.

You are just a liar. I posted the entire GDP growth graph, it speaks for itself.

...please stop opening your mouth, you have NO IDEA what you are saying or why.

These are the annual basis REAL GDP growth numbers

RealGDP.png

And you still have not at all answered anything I said, because you obviously have trouble understanding the difference between mere correlations and what it takes to even begin to establish macroeconomic causations.
You must be in your 20's or 30's thinking you have it all figured out.

US Real GDP Growth Rate by Year

Dec 31, 2018 2.97%
Dec 31, 2017 2.47%
Dec 31, 2016 1.88%
Dec 31, 2015 2.00%
Dec 31, 2014 2.70%
Dec 31, 2013 2.61%

Dec 31, 2012 1.47%
Dec 31, 2011 1.61%
Dec 31, 2010 2.57%
Dec 31, 2009 0.18%

I'll go with an economic source over your political source any day...especially Fact Check.

Please note the 2% rate in 2015 and then the 1.88% in 2016, showing a weakening economy
under the pressures from Obama's regulations.

Now.....for you sonny....Go Pound Sand!

You fucking Idiot, the numbers are from BEA just like your numbers. However I’m using the standard ANNUAL basis, while you are using a non-standard period comparison.
Bullshit, you buffoon. Mine was annual. I linked my source, you link yours.
Not only were his economic recovery numbers anemic, he also had the fed reserve
lending rate at nearly 0% his entire time in office. Which was historic, and he couldn't kick start
a strong economy given that. Hell, that had to be embarrassing.

Who knew rightwingers would get this excited about sub 3% growth with no “4,5 or even 6%” in sight. :lol:

Go look up definition of ANNUAL BASIS directly from BEA, and while you are down there look at what those numbers are.
No link to your graph, huh? Got it. :rolleyes-41:
It's labeled. Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED)

Gross national income

Very nice. With unemployment this low, this probably means that people are still re-entering.

Wage growth, very nice.

Nice, nice, nice.

What the heck are you talking about? You claim to be an expert...and you call that report ‘nice, nice, nice’?

Weekly earnings were down (due to less hours worked). And the hourly earnings were only up a pathetic 6 cents (not even a 1/4 of 1% by my quick math).
Plus, the Household Survey showed a LOSS of employed (103,000 people). How can you praise the unemployment rate on one hand and then COMPLETELY ignore the survey numbers it is based on?

And the Establishment Survey job number (with it’s silly Birth/Death Model) is a semi-joke.

If you are SUCH an ‘expert’...you should be aware of all of the above. Yet you seem blissfully unaware of any bad news in the report.

I just have to ask, Have you no shame? And, Do you think people are so dumb that they will not easily see how dishonestly selective you are being?

You cherry-pick a tiny handful of stats that are more than offset by other--more important--stats, and then you act like the April jobs numbers are bad. Just absurd.

Wages? Up?

Jobs? 263,000 new jobs.

But, no, you ignore all this and focus on weekly hours and loss of employment. Did your eyes just miss the part where the report said that "Over the month, the number of unemployed persons decreased by 387,000 to 5.8 million"? Did you get that? The number of UNemployed people DEcreased by 387,000.
Exactly. And as folks come off Social Security Disability and Food Stamps into entry level jobs, they shift the average down slightly, which is perfectly expected in a solid expansion like this.

We felt the drop in income we experienced under Obama in 2015 and 2016 as he left, and we felt the shift from falling income to rising income once Trump took over.

Year end numbers:

fredgraph.png

Does That graph show Beast fear, more Obammy policy to come? Everyone pulling out to sidelines for more economic uncertainty. Straight down when they "were a lock" (according to MadCow) to win. Bullet dodged , DJT gets in.....the trend is headed up since.

By the way, unemployment is down to 3.6%
263,000 new jobs, inflation is at .9%, and wages up 3%.
Have a good day, anton.
....We had 2.9% GDP growth in 2015 just as we had in 2018, to listen to you thats not possible without Trump.
Trump's 2.9% growth in 2018 was followed by Q1-19 growth of 3.2% which is twice as good. Your question is easy enough to answer, but the first question you need to answer is:

Once you know that answer you will understand why Trump continues to enjoy such amazing economic success with nearly inflation free growth rates, fifty percent higher than Obama's.

The differences between Obama's failed approach and Trump's successful approach will become clear as soon as you figure out the answer to this question:

LOL

Cherry Pick much?

Compare Trumps first eight quarters to Obama’s?
Want to compare the economy Obama was given vs the economy Trump was given?
Cherry picking is misusing a sub-set to represent a whole set, I used the WHOLE set of Trump's full quarters, and compared them to an equally sized set of Obama's quarters, nearest in time, which is the fairest possible comparison.
...2,080, 195, 217,284 debt for Trump
2,088, 824,525,722 debt for Obama

Nearly identical yet you call Obama’s debt significantly better
Actually, Obama's are slightly worse, on a nominal basis and about 4.8% worse on an inflation adjusted basis. My point was that while folks claim Obama was better on the debt in his second term than Trump, this is simply untrue.

As a percentage of GDP, the debt was in a sharp climb as Obama left office.

fredgraph.png

Trump has halted that rise and kept it flat over his Presidency.

fredgraph.png

He's doing a much better job than anyone expected, he plans to even do better than this, his success is our success, give the man room to work!

Wage growth, very nice.

Nice, nice, nice.

Wages? Up?

Jobs? 263,000 new jobs.

Year end numbers:

fredgraph.png

Does That graph show Beast fear, more Obammy policy to come? Everyone pulling out to sidelines for more economic uncertainty. Straight down when they "were a lock" (according to MadCow) to win. Bullet dodged , DJT gets in.....the trend is headed up since.
He's working his ass off and getting us results and he's donating his paycheck to charity, what the hell else could we ask for?

Bad News for Libs? ABC Can Barely Speak of 50-Year Low in Unemployment

The news was shocking on Friday morning when the Labor Department reported the economy added 263,000 new jobs -- higher than expected -- lowering the unemployment rate to 3.6 percent, the lowest in fifty years. Would the networks acknowledge this news, or try to dodge it like last Friday's surprisingly strong 3.2 percent growth in GDP? ABC and CBS skipped that, and NBC gave it ten seconds. This Friday, Curtis Houck noted on Twitter that CBS and NBC had full reports on Friday night, but ABC's World News Tonight was done with it in 18 seconds.

Curtis Houck

✔@CurtisHouck

Video: This is what classic liberal media bias looks like --> Amidst the news of a booming economy with an expectations-shattering jobs report and the lowest unemployment since 1969, @ABCWorldNews Tonight with @DavidMuir only gives it an 18-second brief
DAVID MUIR: A major headline about the American economy for you tonight. The U.S. adding 263,000 jobs in April, far more than expected. Unemployment falling to 3.6 percent. That's the lowest level since 1969. The Dow responding, jumping 197 points today, closing at 26,504.

This "major headline" arrived halfway through the newscast, after heart-tugging stories on a newborn being dropped during delivery and a story on a family of four dying in Ohio from carbon monoxide poisoning...and a full Jon Karl story on Trump and Russia.

Bad News for Liberals? ABC Can Barely Speak of 50-Year Low in Unemployment

Wage growth, very nice.

Nice, nice, nice.

Wages? Up?

Jobs? 263,000 new jobs.

Cherry pick? That’s a laugh.

You quote the U-3 and the U-6 and you. COMPLETELY IGNORE the fact that the survey that they are based on says that 103,000 LESS people were employed last month.

And Donald Trump himself has called the unemployment rate ‘the biggest hoax’...and he was dead right.
Donald Trump Calls Unemployment Rate One of the "Biggest Hoaxes in Politics"

Besides the unemployment rate drop has not accelerated AT ALL under Trump compared to Obama...did you give the latter credit when it was going down?

True or false, were there 103,000 less people employed last month according to the Household Survey (which the unemployment rate is based on)?

Last edited:

Wage growth, very nice.

Nice, nice, nice.

Wages? Up?

Jobs? 263,000 new jobs.

Year end numbers:

fredgraph.png

Solid expansion? LOL.

Well under 3% Real GDP growth - while running massive fiscal deficits which partially artificially stimulate the economy - is ‘solid expansion’ to you?

And just what Real GDP growth level is the minimum for ‘solid expansion’ to you?

Bad News for Libs? ABC Can Barely Speak of 50-Year Low in Unemployment

The news was shocking on Friday morning when the Labor Department reported the economy added 263,000 new jobs -- higher than expected -- lowering the unemployment rate to 3.6 percent, the lowest in fifty years. Would the networks acknowledge this news, or try to dodge it like last Friday's surprisingly strong 3.2 percent growth in GDP? ABC and CBS skipped that, and NBC gave it ten seconds. This Friday, Curtis Houck noted on Twitter that CBS and NBC had full reports on Friday night, but ABC's World News Tonight was done with it in 18 seconds.

Curtis Houck

✔@CurtisHouck

Video: This is what classic liberal media bias looks like --> Amidst the news of a booming economy with an expectations-shattering jobs report and the lowest unemployment since 1969, @ABCWorldNews Tonight with @DavidMuir only gives it an 18-second brief
DAVID MUIR: A major headline about the American economy for you tonight. The U.S. adding 263,000 jobs in April, far more than expected. Unemployment falling to 3.6 percent. That's the lowest level since 1969. The Dow responding, jumping 197 points today, closing at 26,504.

This "major headline" arrived halfway through the newscast, after heart-tugging stories on a newborn being dropped during delivery and a story on a family of four dying in Ohio from carbon monoxide poisoning...and a full Jon Karl story on Trump and Russia.

Bad News for Liberals? ABC Can Barely Speak of 50-Year Low in Unemployment

Trump called the unemployment rate a hoax (and he was dead right):

Wage growth, very nice.

Nice, nice, nice.

Wages? Up?

Jobs? 263,000 new jobs.

Year end numbers:

fredgraph.png

He's working his ass off and getting us results and he's donating his paycheck to charity, what the hell else could we ask for?

How about a deficit well under a trillion? How about GDP growth averaging over 3% without Fed intervention? How about a trade deficit that is not worse now then when Trump took office?

And Trump himself called the unemployment rate a hoax...so it means NOTHING.

I did not like the economy under Obama and I like it even less under Trump.

....We had 2.9% GDP growth in 2015 just as we had in 2018, to listen to you thats not possible without Trump.

The differences between Obama's failed approach and Trump's successful approach will become clear as soon as you figure out the answer to this question:

LOL

Cherry Pick much?

Cherry picking is misusing a sub-set to represent a whole set, I used the WHOLE set of Trump's full quarters, and compared them to an equally sized set of Obama's quarters, nearest in time, which is the fairest possible comparison.

Actually, Obama's are slightly worse, on a nominal basis and about 4.8% worse on an inflation adjusted basis. My point was that while folks claim Obama was better on the debt in his second term than Trump, this is simply untrue.

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

He's doing a much better job than anyone expected, he plans to even do better than this, his success is our success, give the man room to work!

Wrong.

I am an ‘anyone’ and he is doing a FAR worse job then I expected.

What about the fiscal deficit - currently projected to be well over a trillion?

U.S. budget deficit to top $1-trillion in 2019: budget experts - Reuters

That is TOTALLY irresponsible during a period of economic growth.

LOL

Cherry Pick much?

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

Wrong.

I am an ‘anyone’ and he is doing a FAR worse job then I expected.

What about the fiscal deficit - currently projected to be well over a trillion?

I will admit seeing WH submitt $4.7T budget did not seem right? While it is never accepted.......how about $3.7T and propose elimination of 7 frivoulous duplicate departments + cuts to all.

He was lambasted for GOVT shutdown, so the DEMRINO keep on spending willy-nilly. Very broken system, since Chancy 2007. Maybe broken since the 80s?​

Last edited:

Wage growth, very nice.

Nice, nice, nice.

Wages? Up?

Jobs? 263,000 new jobs.

Year end numbers:

fredgraph.png
...Solid expansion? LOL.

Well under 3% Real GDP growth...
"Well Under?" Trump's First full 8 quarters have averaged 2.91%, a 50% increase than Obama's last 8 quarters that averaged 1.94% that the left claimed we should be satisfied with as the "new normal"

At the start of Trump's Presidency the "Experts" confidently told us:

If Trump thinks he can get more than 3% economic growth, he's dreaming.

If Trump thinks he can get more than 3% economic growth, he's dreaming

The Nay Sayers:

• The U.S. hasn't had sustained real annual growth (that is, over inflation) of better than 3% since the 1990s, with a brief spurt in 2004 and 2005. Making up the difference from 2% to more than 3% looks like a pipe dream.
  • High rates of growth, and the productivity that drives it, are likely distant memories from a bygone era.
  • Jason Furman, formerly the chief economist for the Obama White House ("it would require everything to go right … in ways that are either historically unparalleled or toward the upper end of the historical range") and Edward Lazear, who served the same role for George W. Bush ("pray for luck," he advises).
  • academic economists such as Northwestern's Robert J. Gordon, who states bluntly in his pessimistic book "The Rise and Fall of American Growth" that U.S. GDP's best years are behind it.
That places the onus on productivity growth. Productivity, defined as real output per hour of labor, is unlikely to pick up to the degree necessary to jolt economic growth above 3% for the long term.

From 2008 through late 2016, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. was mired in a productivity slump averaging growth of 1.1% a year. That's a pittance compared to the postwar average of 2.3%; the last high point was reached in 2001 through 2007, when growth averaged 2.7% a year.​

Yet here we are, in the Splendid Trump Boom with productivity growth rising to 3.6%.

fredgraph.png

... - while running massive fiscal deficits which partially artificially stimulate the economy - is ‘solid expansion’ to you?...
Actually despite the 50% improvement in Real GDP, Trump's increase in the debt is actually a bit improved over Obama's in nominal terms and much much better as a percentage of GDP.
...And just what Real GDP growth level is the minimum for ‘solid expansion’ to you?
That's a good question. We lagged our potential real GDP growth for many years under Obama. Trump crossed us over that line last year and is still charging ahead with the recent quarter a full 3.2% better than the previous one, he's doing a hell of a job, far better than anyone but him predicted, and he's donating his paycheck to charity, for goodness sake's man, get out of his way and let the man work! When he succeeds, we ALL succeed and that's what this is all about.

FRED Graph

Nobody saw these great times coming, sometimes we just have to shut up and be grateful!

Last edited:
Trump's First full 8 quarters have averaged 2.91%

At the start of Trump's Presidency the "Experts" confidently told us:

If Trump thinks he can get more than 3% economic growth, he's dreaming.

So what you are saying is experts have been RIGHT so far.

We are nowhere near Trump's constantly promissed 4, 5 or even 6% annual growth and he is yet to even get 3% for calendar year.

LOL

Cherry Pick much?

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

... What about the fiscal deficit - currently projected to be well over a trillion?

That's a projection, not hard numbers. When it comes Trump, the polls and projections are always wrong.

Your article credited to "experts" is dated JANUARY 29, 2018.

Economic Growth
CBO estimates that, in real terms, GDP will expand at an average annual pace of 2.1 percent from the fourth quarter of 2016 to the fourth quarter of 2018​

Well, Q1 2016 came in at 1.5% so they missed that to the high side.

2016 came in at 1.9% so they missed that to the high side, again.

2017 came in at 2.5%, so they missed that to the low side.

2018 came in at nearly 3% so they missed that to the low side, by even more.

fredgraph.png

They over estimated Obama, under estimated Trump and when they miss on GDP their debt projections are garbage, so enough with the "Experts" "projections". The US Treasury publishes the ACTUAL debt total, every day, in a data base searchable by date.

The hard data shows that Trump has slowed the growth in the debt, while increasing GDP growth by a 50%.

Under Obama by the end of 2016, our debt was over 109% of annual GDP. By the end of 2017, Trump had brought that down to 105% and by the end of 2018, to below 103.9%. Name ONE Expert that predicted that.

fredgraph.png

Your problem is that you confuse credentials with actual expertise. It's a form of elitist snobbery, you can overcome it by following facts and evidence rather than the pronouncements of "experts" with their endless "projections" that fit their biases rather than reality.

Trump's doing a GREAT job,
He is far exceeding expectations,
His success is OUR success,
and he's donating his paycheck to charity!

Let the man work in peace on your behalf!

Wages? Up?

Jobs? 263,000 new jobs.

Year end numbers:

fredgraph.png

...How about a deficit well under a trillion? ...
Give the man time! He's dropped the debt as percentage of GDP by 5 points in just two years, Obama INCREASED it by 4 points over his last two years.

fredgraph.png

That's real progress, give the man time to work!

The hard data shows that Trump has slowed the growth in the debt, while increasing GDP growth by a 50%.

Proof positive you are fucking nuts capable of convincing yourself of ANY bullshit your little politico heart wants to be true.

Wages? Up?

Jobs? 263,000 new jobs.

Year end numbers:

fredgraph.png

...How about a deficit well under a trillion? ...
Give the man time! He's dropped the debt as percentage of GDP by 5 points in just two years, Obama INCREASED it by 4 points over his last two years.

fredgraph.png

That's real progress, give the man time to work!
It went down under Obama in 2015. It means nothing.
United States Gross Federal Debt to GDP | 2019 | Data | Chart | Calendar
And last year was based on a FAR smaller deficit. This year it will reverse guaranteed.

Is a 1 trillion dollar deficit acceptable to you?
Yes or no, please?

Forum List

Back