Trump Doubled My Tax Refund Check!!

I prefer to calculate from the Jan they take office but other people do it differently.

Count deficits based on starting Oct 1st of the inaugural year. Basing it on January means they're being blamed or bolstered by the previous budget. Starting it Oct 1st means it's based on the presidents budget.

I just finished reading Trump's tax reform bill and calculated my tax refund check for next year when the tax reform bill takes effect, my refund check will be DOUBLE this years refund on about the same income hell yeah! Good job president Trump!! :eusa_dance:

To add one of my odd, quaint stories which I am apt to do (hope it doesn't bother people).

Years ago I joined a gym and the guy told me he could give me a deal if I paid cash, in those days the rules were fast and loose, gyms were there one day, gone the next and I didn't want them to have access to my bank account. I recall I was haggling with him in his office and I don't think he was too fond of me trying to squeeze him for a few more bucks. I recall he offered me some amount and I paid him an amount that was exactly $5 too much due to the combination of bills I had, it was not planned obviously.

I told him, "don't worry about it", and he reached into his pocket and put a $5 bill on the table, making change for my payment, he told me "don't do me any favors" (probably patronizing me). Without missing a beat I snatched up the $5 and told him happily and without an ounce of offense to his comment, "cool, more for me!". He scowled.

So in an around about way, congratulations on having leadership that appreciates the value of independence and lower taxes There's no shame in more cash in the pocket, yes, more for you! :dance:
Where do you think the 1.5 trillion going MOSTLY to millionaires is coming from The people like blues get scraps while Trump and his billionaire friends reap the gold Watch what happens to medicare and SS in the coming years BTW notice how they bribed Rubio and Corker?? Slimebags thou art republicans

And the government will be borrowing that amount to make up the loss of revenue.

Your kids and grand kids will pay the bill don't worry about it.

Then stop your crybabying about the deficit and debt.

Sorry I was busy thinking about what I'm going to spend my Trump tax refund check on, what was your point?

So you refund check will be double, does that mean you are going from 20 bucks to 40 bucks?

Interestingly, Trump's claim is that a family of four with an income of 73,000 will save $2000, and Trump said that was cutting their bill in half.
My first thought was, holy fuck, that's all they pay now? $4000 a year on 73,000?

They will owe $5,499 on $73,000 after the new $24,000 standard deduction. Then Trump gives them $4,000 in child tax credits lowering their federal tax bill to $1,499.

Sorry I was busy thinking about what I'm going to spend my Trump tax refund check on, what was your point?

So you refund check will be double, does that mean you are going from 20 bucks to 40 bucks?

Interestingly, Trump's claim is that a family of four with an income of 73,000 will save $2000, and Trump said that was cutting their bill in half.
My first thought was, holy fuck, that's all they pay now? $4000 a year on 73,000?

They will owe $5,499 on $73,000 after the new $24,000 standard deduction. Then Trump gives them $4,000 in child tax credits lowering their federal tax bill to $1,499.

So once again I'm expected to pay to raise their kids.

And the government will be borrowing that amount to make up the loss of revenue.
Shame they don't cut their spending like all responsible people do when their income goes down.

Responsible people don't cut their income, knowing what their expenses are.
This might come as a shock to you but that money does not belong to beaurocrats in DC. It is my money, your money... entrusted to them to do the right thing. If they can't achieve that goal then send it back to those it belongs to.

Those morons in DC just wasted over $400 billion dollars this year alone. That's 3 times the cost of this tax reform bill. Over $400 billion in government waste and fraud the report said. Those idiots in DC could clean up their mess and pay for the tax cuts 3 times over.

You can allways claim more allowances and get more back each pay check, if you always get a refund
I just finished reading Trump's tax reform bill and calculated my tax refund check for next year when the tax reform bill takes effect, my refund check will be DOUBLE this years refund on about the same income hell yeah! Good job president Trump!! :eusa_dance:

I'd prefer a tax system where the proper amount was paid, rather than having to get a bunch back at tax time.....but if your calculations are correct, good for you. :)

True...I have a number of employees that claim 99 dependents all year...nearly exempting themselves from federal taxes and then paying all their liabilities at the end of the year....I do not suggest this if you're not seriously disciplined....I do like the idea of sitting on my own money all year as well.

Note: they will penalize if you don't send in something quarterly if you end up owing too much at end of year. I don't have specifics on hand but 10% of something......comes to mind. Interest and penalties. You can withold it.........but they are watching.

Funny you think nothing of spending $1 billion more than they spent on Obama, on travel and to protect Trump and his family at their many homes and offices.
How do you know what I think, you've never asked.

FUCKING IDIOT

Well you think nothing of an extra $1 billion in spending.after complaining how much Obama cost you.
Tax cuts =/= spending dumbass. And I started off this thread saying we need spending cuts.

If you were interested in adult conversation you would have noticed that but we both know all you want to do is score partisan points in a child's playground argument.

Dismissed

They already had $2000 in child tax credits at least.

The RW'ers think they could pay down their credit card debt by getting a lower paying job, which would somehow magically give them more money to put on that debt.

If they're so confident how tax cuts work, why don't they try it with their boss. Tell their boss to cut their hours from 5 days a week to 4 days a week, and tell him with the money he saves, he should give them a pay raise to make up for the lost hours.

Lib please you people want to lower their tax bill even more don't deny it. :eusa_hand:

Jesus you people are ridiculous.

They are paying for their own child AND contributing to the children in dysfunctional homes via their tax burden.

You're a tool

Shame they don't cut their spending like all responsible people do when their income goes down.

This might come as a shock to you but that money does not belong to beaurocrats in DC. It is my money, your money... entrusted to them to do the right thing. If they can't achieve that goal then send it back to those it belongs to.

Those morons in DC just wasted over $400 billion dollars this year alone. That's 3 times the cost of this tax reform bill. Over $400 billion in government waste and fraud the report said. Those idiots in DC could clean up their mess and pay for the tax cuts 3 times over.

But they won't which is why they have no business cutting taxes.

How much bigger will the debt be?

The deficit will go down under Trump's tax reform bill as tax revenues rise in a growing economy just relax.

Lib please you people want to lower their tax bill even more don't deny it. :eusa_hand:

I support PAYGO and have said so for years.

No tax cuts without matching spending cuts. No spending increases without matching tax increases.

How much bigger will the debt be?

The deficit will go down under Trump's tax reform bill as tax revenues rise in a growing economy just relax.

lol, that's what Reagan said.

But they won't which is why they have no business cutting taxes.
If you're stupid enough to allow DC to waste YOUR MONEY send some my way. I happily invest in into my business or grandsons college savings.

Forum List

Back