Trump Derangement Syndrome

:laugh2:
According to Zander only the Dems are guilty of Trump Derangement Syndrome because they are calling him out for not correcting the questioner who called Obama a Muslim.

But obviously TDS is not a partisan affliction.

Cruz, Santorum refuse to criticize Trump over supporter - CNNPolitics.com

Christie, Graham and Bush come to Obama's defense

Christie took a different tack early Friday morning when he called out Trump.

"If somebody at one of my town hall meetings said that, I would correct them and I would say, 'The President's a Christian and he was born in this country. Those two things are self-evident,'" the New Jersey governor told NBC's "Today" show on Friday. "I'll tell you what I would do, and I wouldn't have permitted that if someone brought that up at a town hall meeting of mine; I would have said, 'No, listen. Before we answer, let's clear some things up for the rest of the audience.' And I think you have an obligation as a leader to do that."

Christie added: "Donald Trump has to decide how serious a candidate he wants to be and how he handles different problems like this are going to determine that in the eyes of the American people. I'm not going to lecture him about what to do."

Lindsey Graham, speaking with MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Friday, said Trump should have stood up to the questioner.

"I've had this happen to me in Iowa, where a guy used the 'N-word' and it was very derogatory towards President Obama and Muslims. And I said, 'I am not seeking your vote,'" Graham said. "President Obama, I don't question his faith. I don't question his patriotism. I don't question his origin of birth. And when these things happen, you are not responsible for what the guy said, but you are responsible for how you respond."

And Jeb Bush, speaking in Michigan Friday night, also said he believed Obama was a Christian and an American.

"By the way, he's an American, he's a Christian. His problem isn't that he was born here or what his religion is, his problem is that he tears down anyone that disagrees with him," Bush said.

After his speech, Bush was asked three times by a CNN reporter if he believes Trump should apologize for his comments.

"I spoke to that. I spoke to that," Bush said.

Ben Carson Gives Trump a Pass For Response to Anti-Muslim Question

At a New Hampshire town hall Thursday night, a questioner denounced Muslims as a "problem" in the U.S., said Obama is a member of the religion and was not born in the U.S., and asked "when can we get rid of them?" Trump said only, "We are going to be looking at that and plenty of other things," and a spokeswoman was forced to issue three different statements clarifying his response.

Asked whether Trump should've corrected the questioner, Carson said: "I suspect that if he gets that question again, that's exactly what he'll do." He also said he'd have corrected a question like that if asked.​

So we have Bush-3rd, Carson, Graham and Christie all suffering from TDS too.

Is it possible that TDS in non-partisan because T-Rump is an entertainer and not a serious candidate?

No it's because idiots ACCEPTED Obama's gross hyperbolic statements AS President so the bar has been set!
I have NO problem with Trump's response much less any other hyperbolic statement he makes as it is a standard that was set by OBAMA with the following:

These networks are so stupid!
Here these networks are all bent out of shape as well as stupid GOP contenders blasting Trump for not responding to this statement:
"We have a problem in this country. It's called Muslims," an unidentified man who spoke at a question-and-answer town hall event in Rochester, New Hampshire asked the mogul at a rally Thursday night. "You know our current president is one. You know he's not even an American."
Donald Trump doesn't challenge anti-Muslim questioner - CNNPolitics.com

AND so NBC has the absolute stupidity to bring up a quote from Trump's book:
Optimistic exaggeration, which Trump called "truthful hyperbole" in "The Art of the Deal," is a hallmark of the cutthroat New York real estate world where many developers, accustomed to ramming their way into deals, puff up their portfolios.
"A little hyperbole never hurts," he wrote. "People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular ... It's an innocent form of exaggeration - and a very effective form of promotion."
http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-hyperbole-make-america-great-republicans-2016-367035

So NOW NBC,et.al. are concerned about HYPERBOLE?????
WHERE IN THE HELL were they when THESE HYPERBOLIC STATEMENTS WERE MADE BY OBAMA????

I don’t have to explain to you that nearly 46 million Americans don’t have health insurance coverage today. In the wealthiest nation on Earth, 46 million of our fellow citizens have no coverage.”

A F...KING HYPERBOLIC statement and YES A LIE as Obama KNEW that of the 46 million, 10 million were not legal citizens!!!!
PROOF THAT WAS A LIE??
1) 10 million Obama counted were not Americans... not citizens per the Census:
Proof: Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
2) Obama failed to get 14 million people eligible for Medicaid enrolled. That's all that is needed. That leaves 22 million.
http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
3) 18 million under 34 don't NEED insurance. Can afford employers' plans as they make over $50k. That leaves 4 million.
CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009

THERE NEVER WERE 46 million but less then 4 million YET NBC,CBS,ABC NEVER EVER called Obama on these lies!
AFTER ACA was passed Obama agreed 10 million of the 46 million were not legal!!!

HE KNEW that BEFORE BUT LIED!!!

Here is another F...king HYPERBOLIC statement used to get Obamacare passed!!!

Gross Exaggeration: Obama said "Up to half of all Americans have a pre-existing condition,"
Another grossly wrong outright lie!
This gave the impression 155 million Americans were not able to get insurance!
1) Facts: half of 310 million Americans is 155 million.
85% of Americans have coverage... that means 266 million so where in the hell did Obama come up with "half"?
2) Facts: a total of LESS THEN 1.5 million Americans who were denied health insurance or paid higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.
Obama's Pre-existing Conditions Whopper

But did this stop Obama from spreading the terrible terrible LIE???
The total impression given by this LIE was 155 million people couldn't get insurance! 30 second sound bite proof of that is people equated "pre-existing conditions" as preventing them from getting insurance!

DID that hyperbolic statement HURT Obama?? HELL NO!!!

I would be happy to continue pointing out HOW Obama's HYPERBOLIC statements were NEVER questioned by the MSM!
NOT one of these idiots EVER EVER asked Obama... How often does this happen in the military that YOU, Obama says happens all the time"?

then Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

HOW OfTEN Obama, did our troops air raid villages killing civilians???? Did this happen all the time everywhere in Iraq?

ALSO you dip shit President... HOW MANY americans died because the enemy loved to repeat YOUR statement as well as
your SOS John Kerry's statement calling our troops "terrorists" were used to recruit more killers of Americans?

NO I have absolutely NO problem with Trump's hyperbolic statements because LOOK where the above statements got Obama????

:blahblah: :cuckoo: :chillpill: :lol: LOL You are nuts.....rant, rant, rant....yada, yada, yada and not one sensible statement.

So in spite of Obama telling you what a fool you are i.e. from his book...
"Dreams from My Father"...published July 18,1995!
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied. They were revealed.
Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

And his further LYING about 46 million uninsured Americans, and HIS lying about 155 million uninsured Americans, and his LYING about
our military air-raiding villages and killing civilians ALL the time everywhere in the world... and ultimately his hiring a guy who he obviously agrees with
his statement that it took the "stupidity of the American Voter" to elect Obama and pass Obamacare... IN spite of all those FACTS you are still a FOOL For Obama?

He was counting on the idiots of America like you and you certainly haven't disappointed him!

Trump, sadly represents what the GOP has become since Reagan, a party where Eisenhower, Nixon and Reagan would be declared RINOs and not welcome.

He's a rich bully who revels in racism and ignorance. He's really the perfect reflection of what the GOP has turned into.

If you are a Republican who doesn't like Trump, you probably need to look in the mirror. He's what 30 years of screaming about "Welfare Queens" and "Feminazis" and "I like to Fire People" gets you.

If you are a Republican who likes Trump, you probably need therapy.

Ignorance?

Tell me then what are you displaying when you totally ignore the LIES that Obama has TOLD YOU he would be telling you?
Please for the sake of intellectual honesty... refute these comments with facts OK??? Otherwise you are a FFO for sure!
No it's because idiots ACCEPTED Obama's gross hyperbolic statements AS President so the bar has been set!
I have NO problem with Trump's response much less any other hyperbolic statement he makes as it is a standard that was set by OBAMA with the following:

WHERE IN THE HELL were they when THESE HYPERBOLIC STATEMENTS WERE MADE BY OBAMA????

“I don’t have to explain to you that nearly 46 million Americans don’t have health insurance coverage today. In the wealthiest nation on Earth, 46 million of our fellow citizens have no coverage.”

A F...KING HYPERBOLIC statement and YES A LIE as Obama KNEW that of the 46 million, 10 million were not legal citizens!!!!
PROOF THAT WAS A LIE??
Proof: Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
2) Obama failed to get 14 million people eligible for Medicaid enrolled. That's all that is needed. That leaves 22 million.
3) 18 million under 34 don't NEED insurance. Can afford employers' plans as they make over $50k. That leaves 4 million.

THERE NEVER WERE 46 million but less then 4 million YET NBC,CBS,ABC NEVER EVER called Obama on these lies!
AFTER ACA was passed Obama agreed 10 million of the 46 million were not legal!!!

Gross Exaggeration: Obama said "Up to half of all Americans have a pre-existing condition,"
85% of Americans have coverage... that means 266 million so where in the hell did Obama come up with "half"?
2) Facts: a total of LESS THEN 1.5 million Americans who were denied health insurance or paid higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.

The total impression given by this LIE was 155 million people couldn't get insurance! 30 second sound bite proof of that is people equated "pre-existing conditions" as preventing them from getting insurance!

I would be happy to continue pointing out HOW Obama's HYPERBOLIC statements were NEVER questioned by the MSM!
NOT one of these idiots EVER EVER asked Obama... How often does this happen in the military that YOU, Obama says happens all the time"?

then Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

HOW OfTEN Obama, did our troops air raid villages killing civilians???? Did this happen all the time everywhere in Iraq?

ALSO you dip shit President... HOW MANY americans died because the enemy loved to repeat YOUR statement as well as
your SOS John Kerry's statement calling our troops "terrorists" were used to recruit more killers of Americans?

NO I have absolutely NO problem with Trump's hyperbolic statements because LOOK where these statements got Obama????

:laugh2:
According to Zander only the Dems are guilty of Trump Derangement Syndrome because they are calling him out for not correcting the questioner who called Obama a Muslim.

"If somebody at one of my town hall meetings said that, I would correct them and I would say, 'The President's a Christian and he was born in this country. Those two things are self-evident,'" the New Jersey governor told NBC's "Today" show on Friday. "I'll tell you what I would do, and I wouldn't have permitted that if someone brought that up at a town hall meeting of mine; I would have said, 'No, listen. Before we answer, let's clear some things up for the rest of the audience.' And I think you have an obligation as a leader to do that."

Christie added: "Donald Trump has to decide how serious a candidate he wants to be and how he handles different problems like this are going to determine that in the eyes of the American people. I'm not going to lecture him about what to do."

Lindsey Graham, speaking with MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Friday, said Trump should have stood up to the questioner.

"I've had this happen to me in Iowa, where a guy used the 'N-word' and it was very derogatory towards President Obama and Muslims. And I said, 'I am not seeking your vote,'" Graham said. "President Obama, I don't question his faith. I don't question his patriotism. I don't question his origin of birth. And when these things happen, you are not responsible for what the guy said, but you are responsible for how you respond."

And Jeb Bush, speaking in Michigan Friday night, also said he believed Obama was a Christian and an American.

"By the way, he's an American, he's a Christian. His problem isn't that he was born here or what his religion is, his problem is that he tears down anyone that disagrees with him," Bush said.

After his speech, Bush was asked three times by a CNN reporter if he believes Trump should apologize for his comments.

At a New Hampshire town hall Thursday night, a questioner denounced Muslims as a "problem" in the U.S., said Obama is a member of the religion and was not born in the U.S., and asked "when can we get rid of them?" Trump said only, "We are going to be looking at that and plenty of other things," and a spokeswoman was forced to issue three different statements clarifying his response.

Asked whether Trump should've corrected the questioner, Carson said: "I suspect that if he gets that question again, that's exactly what he'll do." He also said he'd have corrected a question like that if asked.​

Is it possible that TDS in non-partisan because T-Rump is an entertainer and not a serious candidate?

Here these networks are all bent out of shape as well as stupid GOP contenders blasting Trump for not responding to this statement:
"We have a problem in this country. It's called Muslims," an unidentified man who spoke at a question-and-answer town hall event in Rochester, New Hampshire asked the mogul at a rally Thursday night. "You know our current president is one. You know he's not even an American."

Optimistic exaggeration, which Trump called "truthful hyperbole" in "The Art of the Deal," is a hallmark of the cutthroat New York real estate world where many developers, accustomed to ramming their way into deals, puff up their portfolios.
"A little hyperbole never hurts," he wrote. "People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular ... It's an innocent form of exaggeration - and a very effective form of promotion."
http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-hyperbole-make-america-great-republicans-2016-367035

I don’t have to explain to you that nearly 46 million Americans don’t have health insurance coverage today. In the wealthiest nation on Earth, 46 million of our fellow citizens have no coverage.”

PROOF THAT WAS A LIE??

NO I have absolutely NO problem with Trump's hyperbolic statements because LOOK where the above statements got Obama????

:blahblah: :cuckoo: :chillpill: :lol: LOL You are nuts.....rant, rant, rant....yada, yada, yada and not one sensible statement.

So in spite of Obama telling you what a fool you are i.e. from his book...
"Dreams from My Father"...published July 18,1995!
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

And his further LYING about 46 million uninsured Americans, and HIS lying about 155 million uninsured Americans, and his LYING about
our military air-raiding villages and killing civilians ALL the time everywhere in the world... and ultimately his hiring a guy who he obviously agrees with
his statement that it took the "stupidity of the American Voter" to elect Obama and pass Obamacare... IN spite of all those FACTS you are still a FOOL For Obama?

He was counting on the idiots of America like you and you certainly haven't disappointed him!
You are just a fool, plain and simple--that's obvious. Your foolish claims don't even rate a response.

Although I understand the toungue-in-cheek intent of the OP, and I do find it pretty amusing, I also think that it's damned sad.

It's damned sad that almost 8 years after these weird rumors about Obama were started and now 7 years into his two-term presidency, where he was resoundingly elected AND re-elected, that clinically insane people like the Trumpians of the world still want to relitigate something that has long been debunked, over and over and over again. It is just fucking surreal.

I flew back to Ohio twice in the last 10 months due to the death of my brother-in-law, who was one helluva a good guy. My sister's neighbor is a birther. In February when I was there, we all decided to go to a gambling joint where one of my best friends ever was playing a jazz gig. My friend is very well off, a registered independent, no big fan of Obama and tends to vote more R than D. So, this neighor dude started drinking a lot and got to wanting to talk politics. During a break, my buddy walked up to us just as neighbor X was ranting about how Obama "ain't even a fuckin' American, he's a foreign born muslim cocksucker", yadayadayada. My buddy took one look at him, said "Oh, gawd, not this bullshit again", turned around and walked away and that was the end of that. So, I can imagine how many Independents might be feeling if they see this horseshit come up over and over and over again.

It's not a winning issue for any Republican and yet, like a moth to the light, they just keep coming back to it. Why do they do this? Well, because a huge amount of the GOP base, the hard-core voters who are going to vote in the primaries, really do believe this bullshit.

It's really pretty sad.

YUP it is DAMN sad that idiots like you NEVER read Obama's autobiography where he out right told you fools that he was going to be lying to you... as it was a tactic, a trick he used!
HERE please tell me that these words are NOT Prophetic in describing how Obama has been leading our country to destruction?

from his book... "Dreams from My Father"...published July 18,1995!
Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time.
"

Explain to me questions that come from the above statements:
A) If Obama admits HE HAS TO USE "effective tactic", "tricks", to fool people what does that make people like you and other FFOs?
B) If it takes "tactics", "tricks" i.e. LIES to get FOOL people into doing what he wants, doesn't that make most of his agenda BAD for Americans?
C) If Obama was therefore LYING to all of us to get things done, is it NO surprise then that HE IS AN ANGRY BLACK MAN intent on harming and destroying America?

NO President would ever had been elected if those people electing him wanted to :
1) Destroy 1,400 companies putting 400,000 people out of work and reducing tax revenues to Federal/state/local by $100 billion a year!
2) That Obama wants to bankrupt companies.
3) That Obama IS AGAINST America becoming energy independent...(He told Brazil he wanted the USA to be their BEST customer for oil)!
4) That Obama LIED to get Obamacare passed...(It was only AFTER ACA passed he admitted there were NOT 46 million uninsured Americans)!
LOL

Although I understand the toungue-in-cheek intent of the OP, and I do find it pretty amusing, I also think that it's damned sad.

It's damned sad that almost 8 years after these weird rumors about Obama were started and now 7 years into his two-term presidency, where he was resoundingly elected AND re-elected, that clinically insane people like the Trumpians of the world still want to relitigate something that has long been debunked, over and over and over again. It is just fucking surreal.

I flew back to Ohio twice in the last 10 months due to the death of my brother-in-law, who was one helluva a good guy. My sister's neighbor is a birther. In February when I was there, we all decided to go to a gambling joint where one of my best friends ever was playing a jazz gig. My friend is very well off, a registered independent, no big fan of Obama and tends to vote more R than D. So, this neighor dude started drinking a lot and got to wanting to talk politics. During a break, my buddy walked up to us just as neighbor X was ranting about how Obama "ain't even a fuckin' American, he's a foreign born muslim cocksucker", yadayadayada. My buddy took one look at him, said "Oh, gawd, not this bullshit again", turned around and walked away and that was the end of that. So, I can imagine how many Independents might be feeling if they see this horseshit come up over and over and over again.

It's not a winning issue for any Republican and yet, like a moth to the light, they just keep coming back to it. Why do they do this? Well, because a huge amount of the GOP base, the hard-core voters who are going to vote in the primaries, really do believe this bullshit.

It's really pretty sad.
Well said stat.

My friend Zander is only calling it Trump derangement syndrome because tha right has been guilty of obama derangement syndrome since the date he started to run for office. they pretend it had nothing to do with the color of his skin. they pretend it had nothing to do with anything but their heartfelt desire to "take back this country". from what, though? from a lawful election that they have been insanely ranting about incessantly. then unable to grasp that the majority of american voters were perfectly comfortable with re-electing this person who so offends their sensibilities, redoubled their efforts at insanely ranting and raving. And what the right has done in recent times is take their own flaws and try to project them on anyone who isn't to the right of atilla the hun.

so of course, rather than examine the things that really are wrong with their pretend candidate for president, and reality star, they'd rather call it "trump derangement syndrome" to point out his very real bigotry, racism, and misogyny.

hint to the radical right.... no one votes for people who have contempt for them and treat them like they're lesser members of society. that's why women, minorities and gays and anyone who isn't white christian male over 40 mostly vote democratic. contrary to popular rightwingnut opinion, ranting and bigotry and saying "believe me, i'm rich" are not governmental policy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Poor Jillian. she has it bad....

For the record, I believe Trump Derangement Syndrome is non-partisan.

If you are an establishment Republican- you probably suffer from TDS. He is making you uncomfortable. He is not a politically correct squish like Jebba the Bush, He is not apologizing for verbalizing what normal folks are feeling. If you are a leftwing nutjob, you also probably suffer from TDS. He is taking your sacred cow of polite, political correctness, he's butchering it, and making a big fat juicy burger! What could be more scary to a LWNJ than blood red "sacred cow" burger??

Trump appeals to everyone who've had it up to here with politics as usual. He is garnering support from democrats, republicans and independents. From blacks, whites and hispanics. It is non-partisan and it comes from across the entire socioeconomic spectrum. Will it last until the primaries? Who knows? I certainly don't pretend to have a crystal ball. In the meanwhile, I am going to enjoy the process, and enjoy the show!!

:popcorn:

-----

As for Trump not defending the incompetent boob who currently occupies 1600 Penn - Trump ends the debate with two tweets:
Am I morally obligated to defend the president every time somebody says something bad or controversial about him? I don't think so!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 19, 2015

and

If someone made a nasty or controversial statement about me to the president, do you really think he would come to my rescue? No chance!

Trump is correct. He has no moral obligation to defend the nincompoop POTUS and vice versa. You'll agree, unless you have Trump Derangement Syndrome.

:thup:

Last edited:
For the record, I believe Trump Derangement Syndrome is non-partisan. If you are an establishment Republican- you probably suffer from TDS. He is making you uncomfortable. He is not a politically correct squish like Jebba the Bush, He is not apologizing for verbalizing what normal folks are feeling. If you are a leftwing nutjob, you also probably suffer from TDS. He is taking your sacred cow of polite, political correctness, he's butchering it, and making a big fat juicy burger! What could be more scary to a LWNJ than blood red "sacred cow" burger??

Trump appeals to everyone who've had it up to here with politics as usual. He is garnering support from democrats, republicans and independents. From blacks, whites and hispanics. It is non-partisan and it comes from across the entire socioeconomic spectrum. Will it last until the primaries? Who knows? I certainly don't pretend to have a crystal ball. In the meanwhile, I am going to enjoy the process, and enjoy the show!!

:popcorn:

-----

As for Trump not defending the incompetent boob who currently occupies 1600 Penn - Trump ends the debate with two tweets:
Am I morally obligated to defend the president every time somebody says something bad or controversial about him? I don't think so!

and

If someone made a nasty or controversial statement about me to the president, do you really think he would come to my rescue? No chance!

Trump is correct. He has no moral obligation to defend the nincompoop POTUS and vice versa. You'll agree, unless you have Trump Derangement Syndrome.

:thup:

Well said

PROOF THAT WAS A LIE??

Got it.You don't care if he lies as long as he tells the lies you already want to believe. Typical RWNJ.

There is no "derangement syndrome" just because people zealously follow, or complain about, what an individual says and does. "Derangement syndrome" applies when people obsessively and dogmatically misinterpret circumstances and situations in the worst possible light their imaginations can come up with; it is a persistent pattern of delusions that arise due to a person's deep and unshakeable devotion to hate an idividual. There were tons of Bush Derangement Syndrome idiots during the Bush administration. There are tons of Obama Derangement Syndrome idiots now. There is no Trump Derangement Syndrome I can see. And I doubt that any such thing would be possible. Trump makes himself look as bad as possible, all on his own. Nobody needs to imagine how anything he says or does could be twisted into something worse than it is, because Trump has already brought the worst possible interpretation into reality. Therefore TDS would not apply.

There is no "derangement syndrome" just because people zealously follow, or complain about, what an individual says and does. "Derangement syndrome" applies when people obsessively and dogmatically misinterpret circumstances and situations in the worst possible light their imaginations can come up with; it is a persistent pattern of delusions that arise due to a person's deep and unshakeable devotion to hate an idividual. There were tons of Bush Derangement Syndrome idiots during the Bush administration. There are tons of Obama Derangement Syndrome idiots now. There is no Trump Derangement Syndrome I can see. And I doubt that any such thing would be possible. Trump makes himself look as bad as possible, all on his own. Nobody needs to imagine how anything he says or does could be twisted into something worse than it is, because Trump has already brought the worst possible interpretation into reality. Therefore TDS would not apply.

^^^^^^^^^^ has a very bad case of TDS....:rofl:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's really pretty sad.

That is exactly why Trump did not correct him.
Trump could not change that guys mind and he would have argued with Trump or anybody else over what he believes.
It would have taken up much time, so Trump did the right thing by saying what he did and just moved along to another question.
I think he did the right thing.
Trump nor anyone else can't control what others think.

Trump appeals to everyone who've had it up to here with politics as usual. He is garnering support from democrats, republicans and independents. From blacks, whites and hispanics. It is non-partisan and it comes from across the entire socioeconomic spectrum.

When was the last time your meds were checked? :eek:

http://www.newsweek.com/who-are-trumps-supporters-hard-stats-373560

Prior to Trump’s entry, the leading candidates were Bush, Cruz, Paul, Rubio and Walker. In May 2015, they had over 60 percent of the vote in the aggregated Real Clear Politics Republican nomination polls. Since regular Republicans are more likely to vote in primaries and attend caucuses than are leaning Republicans, we break the 608 Republican respondents into 471 regular and 137 leaning Republicans.

Looking at the pre- and post-Trump announcement reveals that among the top five candidates in May, Paul, Walker and Bush lost 18, 17 and 11 percent, respectively, of their supporters to Trump, while Rubio lost 21 percent and Cruz an astonishing 47 percent to Trump.

Among leaning Republicans, all candidates save Rand Paul (11 percent) lost over 20 percent to Trump, ranging from Walker’s 34 percent to Cruz’s 25 percent loss. Overall, among the top five in May, Bush was hurt the least and Cruz the most, though all lost votes in the double digits to Trump.

Overall, Trump’s support came about equally from the top five candidates, 42 percent, and the second-tier candidates, 38 percent, with the remaining 20 percent coming from those with “no preference” or “don’t know” responses prior to June 2015.

Among those most likely to vote in the Republican nomination process, Trump took 40 percent from the leading candidates and 47 percent percent from the other 14 candidates, with the remaining 13 percent coming from those uncommitted before Trump. Among the top candidates, Cruz was hurt the most, while among the second-tier 14, Governor Perry suffered the greatest hit.

The demographics of Trump voters are interesting. Slightly over half of Trump supporters are female, about half are between 45 and 64 years of age with another 34 percent being over 65 years old and less than two percent younger than 30. One half of his voters have a high school education or less compared to 19 percent with a college or post-graduate degree. Slightly over one third of his supporters earn less than $50,000 per year while 11 percent earn over $100,000 per year.

In regard to ideology, 20 percent of his supporters report that they are liberal or moderate, with 65 percent saying they are conservative and 13 percent labeling themselves as very conservative. His support from those saying they are involved with the tea party movement is 30 percent—meaning that 70 percent of his supporters are not involved with the tea party.

In sum, his supporters are a bit older, less educated and earn less than Republican averages in the YouGov sample.

78% of T-Rump's supporters are either conservative or very conservative. That means that 4 out every 5 of his supporters is a partisan rightwinger.

As far as the socio-economic spectrum goes only 1 out of 10 earns over 6 figures and only 1 out of 5 has a college degree.

TDS is the inverse of ODS.

It is T-Rump's own supporters who are deranged because they will apologize for anything and everything he does.

The point of the OP was to expose Zander's fallacy in trying to impose TDS on Dems. They are actually delighted with his destruction of the GOP. The OP quoted the sane republicans who are unhappy with what T-Rump is doing.

TDS applies strictly to the doofi (plural of doofus) who blindly support T-Rump no matter how destructive he is to the GOP brand.

It's really pretty sad.

Trump could not change that guys mind and he would have argued with Trump or anybody else over what he believes.
It would have taken up much time, so Trump did the right thing by saying what he did and just moved along to another question.

T-Rump showed a lack of character by failing to defend the president. He was called out on that by Bush-3rd, Carson, Christie and Graham.

It's really pretty sad.

T-Rump showed a lack of character by failing to defend the president. He was called out on that by Bush-3rd, Carson, Christie and Graham.

Why defend the President when he is against his policies?
If our President was not so against Christians and for Muslims people would not think that he is a Muslim.
What he has done;
Banning Christianity from the armed forces
Under Obama, Christians and conservatives are ‘extremists’
IRS demands Christian pro-lifers reveal the content of their prayers
Obamacare forcing Christian companies to provide abortion pill
Detaining Christians refugees and letting in Muslim refugees.
Just a small list of what this Administration has done to Christians.

It's really pretty sad.

Why defend the President when he is against his policies?
If our President was not so against Christians and for Muslims people would not think that he is a Muslim.
What he has done;
Banning Christianity from the armed forces
Under Obama, Christians and conservatives are ‘extremists’
IRS demands Christian pro-lifers reveal the content of their prayers
Obamacare forcing Christian companies to provide abortion pill
Detaining Christians refugees and letting in Muslim refugees.
Just a small list of what this Administration has done to Christians.

Thank you for admitting to having a terminal case of T-Rump Derangement Syndrome. Your symptoms are by far the most serious I have ever seen and it looks to be terminal. There is no treatment for this level of derangement from reality.

One look at your moronic avatar says you shouldn't be talking about derangement syndromes

One look at your moronic avatar says you shouldn't be talking about derangement syndromes

:rofl:

Needless to say the irony probably went clear over your deranged monkey head.

:D

Forum List

Back