Trump campaign to sue CNN over pro-impeachment bias, demands ‘substantial payment’

Trump campaign to sue CNN over pro-impeachment bias, demands ‘substantial payment’

and so it begins. project veritas gave proof zucker was not interested in news but taking down trump. we'll see what our courts have to say from here.

They are no different then Fox you know.
Why do people always run to fox when people bitch at CNN?

Take fox, NBC, CBS, vox, slate n flush em all. I hate fox too. Show me video of them targeting people I'll be pissed at them too.

I listen to CSpan and POTUS and anyone with a political way of thinking would!

since there is no, Fairness Doctrine covering cable media as I wished there were, there's another reason why the suit will not prevail.... news media on cable, does not have to be, Fair and balanced....
................but the sonsabitches can be sued for not telling the truth.

The bar is VERY high for this...and really, for good reason. It can impinge on free speech.
You can't scream FIRE in a crowd. Why should you be able to incite a crowd either? Agreed its a fine line but tell me another way to get responsibility back in the mix.

Make Mexico pay for the wall...

since there is no, Fairness Doctrine covering cable media as I wished there were, there's another reason why the suit will not prevail.... news media on cable, does not have to be, Fair and balanced....

The bar is VERY high for this...and really, for good reason. It can impinge on free speech.
You can't scream FIRE in a crowd. Why should you be able to incite a crowd either? Agreed its a fine line but tell me another way to get responsibility back in the mix.

In general - I agree with the high bar and this president isn't the first to be flamed in the media.

How do you draw the line in a way that doesn't impinge on free speech?

and so it begins. project veritas gave proof zucker was not interested in news but taking down trump. we'll see what our courts have to say from here.

Take fox, NBC, CBS, vox, slate n flush em all. I hate fox too. Show me video of them targeting people I'll be pissed at them too.

Why? Because you have O'Keefe, on Fox, going after CNN when Fox is every bit as bad. It's ludicrous.

I don't hate them. I'm just aware of the what constitutes red flag language, I try to look for bias and I try to look at a variety of sources (even Fox, for my sins).

I agree....somewhat. I'd be curious to know though, how much money networks have paid for out of court settlements because news critters lied in accusations. We'll never know.

I agree....somewhat. I'd be curious to know though, how much money networks have paid for out of court settlements because news critters lied in accusations. We'll never know.

No...we won't, that I agree with!

One of the things I have an issue with though is - unlike traditional media sources, we have a lot of ...what..."citizen journalists"...bloggers....? Who can say anything and don't seem to have the same accountability as traditional media.

The only thing we can do is try to be smart about our media consumption. Damn the 24 hour news cycle too.

In general - I agree with the high bar and this president isn't the first to be flamed in the media.

I didn't like it when Obama attacked fox and I'd rather CNN and Trump weren't collectively pulling the crap they are pulling. I have o good answer except people need to stop getting riled up over bullshit headines.

We all need to grow up and calm down. But that ain't happening.

Why? Because you have O'Keefe, on Fox, going after CNN when Fox is every bit as bad. It's ludicrous.

I don't hate them. I'm just aware of the what constitutes red flag language, I try to look for bias and I try to look at a variety of sources (even Fox, for my sins).
Ipay no attention to fox. Other than tucker I can't name any of their "journalists".

I didn't like it when Obama attacked fox and I'd rather CNN and Trump weren't collectively pulling the crap they are pulling. I have o good answer except people need to stop getting riled up over bullshit headines.

Color me paranoid but I think we are being manipulated through social media.

Color me paranoid but I think we are being manipulated through social media.
I think we are manipulating ourselves. Our gov can't figure out how to not act 5 years old is their avg age and our media can't make a living wo click bait. They are simply not smart enough to manipulate us in such a coordinated fashion.

Wrong tactic.

CNN is a business with special privileges.

Just revoke their license to broadcast until they balance their news reporting. Not opinion shows, but the actual news reporting.

CNN stands for Cable News Newtork.

You realize they function over cable and not broadcast TV right? There is not broadcast license to revoke.
.^^^^

Cable, schmable............they all broadcast from satellite. nitpicker

CNN is a cable news organization just like Fox and does not have an FCC license to broadcast over the airwaves. That isn't nitpicking, it's a fact.

There satellite transmissions are a function of a private company purchasing/leasing bandwidth in private communications satellites. That is also a fact and not nitpicking.

Please specify what broadcast license you think can be revoked.
.^^^^

It will at least once again place CNN in the liars club for all of America to see....
Then they will be equal with Fox News...
CNN and its cohorts on ABC MSNBC CBS PBS get proven incorrect on a daily basis...Fox rarely gets proven wrong after the fact...you are speaking drivel....I'm speaking from history...real events where CNN and co are purposely lying and distorting the facts....
They have always done it but since Trump won they have blown a gasket...did you see the report of Turkey attacking the Kurds...the real assault video wasn't extreme enough to make their point so they used stock footage of a domestic firing range...who the fuck does that?....Fox would never do something like that and I challenge you to find an example where they have....stop repeating nonsense you hear from your dishonest sources....

It will at least once again place CNN in the liars club for all of America to see....
CNN and its cohorts on ABC MSNBC CBS PBS get proven incorrect on a daily basis...Fox rarely gets proven wrong after the fact...you are speaking drivel....I'm speaking from history...real events where CNN and co are purposely lying and distorting the facts....
They have always done it but since Trump won they have blown a gasket...did you see the report of Turkey attacking the Kurds...the real assault video wasn't extreme enough to make their point so they used stock footage of a domestic firing range...who the fuck does that?....Fox would never do something like that and I challenge you to find an example where they have....stop repeating nonsense you hear from your dishonest sources....
I know for a fact that Fox News has been sued for lying so try not to fawn over Murdoch too much with your insane partisanship.

the first amendment will likely reign... free speech, freedom of the press....

we've been through this lawsuit before, against FOX News a while back by 2 employees.... FOX won.

When does freedom of the press morph into propaganda?

It's a legit question

Baseless lawsuit (if it is even a filed) by an embarrassment of a President.
useless comment (as per normal for you) by someone who will always bitch at what someone they don't like does.

Baseless lawsuit (if it is even a filed) by an embarrassment of a President.
useless comment (as per normal for you) by someone who will always bitch at what someone they don't like does.

Meanwhile back in reality, I support your blob’s wish to withdraw from the middle east….I’m wondering why he hasn’t done it yet but I support your blob in that endeavor. so you’re wrong (as per normal for you).

I know for a fact that Fox News has been sued for lying so try not to fawn over Murdoch too much with your insane partisanship.
I will need a link to show any judgments you claim had been adjudicated towards FOX news...we are taking about presenting a false video...FOX has never done anything like that...they always try and back up reports before they go out...the anti Trump media just tosses BS out like its Christmas....

Forum List

Back