Trump campaign to sue CNN over pro-impeachment bias, demands ‘substantial payment’

Wrong tactic.

CNN is a business with special privileges.

Just revoke their license to broadcast until they balance their news reporting. Not opinion shows, but the actual news reporting.

CNN stands for Cable News Newtork.

You realize they function over cable and not broadcast TV right? There is not broadcast license to revoke.
.^^^^

Wrong tactic.

Just revoke their license to broadcast until they balance their news reporting. Not opinion shows, but the actual news reporting.

You realize they function over cable and not broadcast TV right? There is not broadcast license to revoke.
.^^^^
Interesting. Broadcast is a generic term meant to relate to the publication of information over not only the airwaves but cable too.

I'll have to look into not having a license for cable. It might be a huge opportunity for Conservative information outlets.

Trump campaign to sue CNN over pro-impeachment bias, demands ‘substantial payment’

and so it begins. project veritas gave proof zucker was not interested in news but taking down trump. we'll see what our courts have to say from here.
Wrong tactic.

So you really want the Government- or in this specific case- the President by himself- to decide what is 'balanced reporting'?

Really- that is power you think Obama should have had? Power you think Elizabeth Warren should have?

Wrong tactic.

.^^^^
Interesting. Broadcast is a generic term meant to relate to the publication of information over not only the airwaves but cable too.

I'll have to look into not having a license for cable. It might be a huge opportunity for Conservative information outlets.

LOL......because of course Conservatives have not ever thought of that........

Wrong tactic.

.^^^^

Fox News, Glenn Beck etc... took advantage already....!

I am going to agree with Taz and Care and this will not go far...
Maybe. But since neither have ever agreed with anything Trump has ever done objectivity is hardly their strong point.

I believe Taz agreed with Trump withdrawing from Syria...

So Taz is not the leftist shrill you think he is ( Taz the moderator and not the other poster on this board )

As for Care and it is true Care and I disagree a lot but when they are correct in my opinion I will say it.

Suing CNN is not a winning situation for Trump but it will distract many from what he does next...

Wrong tactic.

.^^^^

Clearly, if they have, they have failed to pull the trigger.

Wrong tactic.

.^^^^

Cable, schmable............they all broadcast from satellite. nitpicker

Maybe. But since neither have ever agreed with anything Trump has ever done objectivity is hardly their strong point.

So Taz is not the leftist shrill you think he is ( Taz the moderator and not the other poster on this board )

As for Care and it is true Care and I disagree a lot but when they are correct in my opinion I will say it.

Suing CNN is not a winning situation for Trump but it will distract many from what he does next...
I have no idea if he will win or not. But as a journalism minor, I hate what CNN and our media are doing.

I have no idea if he will win or not. But as a journalism minor, I hate what CNN and our media are doing.

Fine, and I agree today journalism has delved into tabloid nonsense but as pointed out CNN is cable and not local or network news.

since there is no, Fairness Doctrine covering cable media as I wished there were, there's another reason why the suit will not prevail.... news media on cable, does not have to be, Fair and balanced....
................but the sonsabitches can be sued for not telling the truth.

The bar is VERY high for this...and really, for good reason. It can impinge on free speech.

I don't doubt there is bias - EVERY one has it. But I don't put much credence in O'Keefe. His history is problematic.

and so it begins. project veritas gave proof zucker was not interested in news but taking down trump. we'll see what our courts have to say from here.

They are no different then Fox you know.
Why do people always run to fox when people bitch at CNN?

Take fox, NBC, CBS, vox, slate n flush em all. I hate fox too. Show me video of them targeting people I'll be pissed at them too.

since there is no, Fairness Doctrine covering cable media as I wished there were, there's another reason why the suit will not prevail.... news media on cable, does not have to be, Fair and balanced....
................but the sonsabitches can be sued for not telling the truth.

The bar is VERY high for this...and really, for good reason. It can impinge on free speech.
You can't scream FIRE in a crowd. Why should you be able to incite a crowd either? Agreed its a fine line but tell me another way to get responsibility back in the mix.

Forum List

Back