Trump calls judge deciding his "Trump University" case a "Mexican".

R

rdean

Trump aide defends bringing up judge's 'Mexican' heritage

Donald Trump spokeswoman Katrina Pierson on Monday defended the presumptive GOP presidential nominee for calling a California judge overseeing a fraud case against Trump University a "Mexican" and a "hater."

On Friday, Judge Gonzalo Curiel rejected arguments from Trump and called for documents related to the not-defunct university to be unsealed.

"The judge, who happens to be, we believe, Mexican, which is great. I think that's fine."

------------------------

Is sTRUMPet trying to get that judge killed? Certainly seems that way.

As far as Trump is concerned:

The judge might rule against him
The judge has a Latino name (even though he was born in Indiana)
Therefore, the judge is a beaner and hater.

...and there are millions in this country who want to give Trump access to the American nuclear strike force.

Donald Trump spokeswoman Katrina Pierson on Monday defended the presumptive GOP presidential nominee for calling a California judge overseeing a fraud case against Trump University a "Mexican" and a "hater."

On Friday, Judge Gonzalo Curiel rejected arguments from Trump and called for documents related to the not-defunct university to be unsealed.

"The judge, who happens to be, we believe, Mexican, which is great. I think that's fine."

------------------------

Trump walks out of his house and takes a look across the yard and then steps on every pile of dogshite he sees. Thankfully.

So wait, Crazy Bernie/Crooked Hillary supporters who believe the ethnicity of a juror normally impacts a case denies that in this case?

smh @ all this - - nothing.

The "hater" cliche is bad enough coming from average people. To hear a presidential candidate use it makes me cringe that much more.

I have had more than my fill of Ms. Pierson. (Ditto that Kayleigh "McIninny" woman.....More about both of them later...)

That woman (Pierson, but McEnany too) would defend by deflection and equivocation Donald Trump's assertion that the moon is made of Swiss cheese. I cannot recall ever hearing her, or any other Trump surrogate for that matter, even once giving a direct answer to a question. (Of course, evasiveness is what Trump does too...)

Did you listen to the interview? Pierson was asked what gives with Trump's having said the judge was Mexican, and she replied by talking about the promises and expectations of Trump U. students and their dissatisfaction with their experience at/with Trump U. Shit. She may as well have begun by talking about the price of tea in China, for Christ's sake.

Briefly the CNN anchor (Alisyn Camerota, I think) played into the diversion by engaging on that topic. Ms. Pierson eventually, however, got round to the topic of the question, and what did she say?
  • Judge Curiel postponed a hearing on the matter "for whatever reason," and she said the last part with a tone that implied the judge had a BS or illusory basis for postponing the "hearing."

AFAIK, there was no hearing last summer and what the judge did most recently was set the first trial date for 28-Nov-2016. Trump's attorneys had asked for a February 2017 date. The plaintiffs' attorneys asked for a July 2016 trial date. What's unclear is why the judge chose November, perhaps he was "splitting the difference" between what the two sides requested, with a slight favoring for the defense. Trump wanted Feb. 2017 and the judge set Nov. 2016. What sort of postponement is that?

FWIW, some of the plaintiffs are old people; I suppose their life expectancy is relevant?? The cases have been in "wrangling" since 2010. Personally, after six years, I'd think both sides would be ready to go to trial tomorrow morning.
  • Judge Curiel belongs to the LaRasa Lawyers Association. Even now, Trump has not moved to ask the judge to recuse himself and she didn't speak to that in any way. All she did was, as has Trump, make innuendos.

From Breitbart:
    Trump has not explained clearly why Curiel’s background means he would be unfair, and he has not said whether he plans to ask the judge to recuse himself.

If there are no grounds for recusal, Trump’s lawyers might well worry about his comments, because even if–as Trump maintains–he has a winning case in hand, the worst possible thing he could do is insult the judge. (Neither Trump’s legal counsel nor the campaign responded to requests for comment from Breitbart News.)
Ms Camerota then noted that Judge Curiel isn't Mexican and that he was born in Indiana in 1953, to which Ms. Pierson replied,
  • "I'm not saying he's Mexican." -- Duh...nobody asked about what she said.
  • Q: "Why is Mr. Trump saying he is Mexican"
    A: "He says we 'believe.'"
  • Pierson then goes digresses to say that La Raza protesters are criminals who destroy property under the guise of protesting Trump. Say what???
  • Q: You're saying you recognize Mr. Trump is wrong about the judge being Mexican?
    A: "I don't know if he's Mexican or not. I don't know his heritage or his descent."
Excuse me? WTF? Ms. Pierson is the National Spokesperson for the Trump campaign. She doesn't know if the man is Mexican? BS. She was just told as much on global television. Does she think Ms. Camerota would make that up? Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

Now, one thing I know is why Ms. Pierson began her remarks by discussing something other than what she was asked about. She, and others, do it when they know they haven't a leg on which to stand re: the topic at hand. Beginning with a diversionary remark makes it very hard to put together a smoothly flowing soundbite. In this Twitterific and soundbite crazed era of information dispersal, politicians and their surrogates break up their responses to negative "stuff" and keep conjoined positive questions and remarks. The separation makes it harder, less convenient, for "time stressed" audience members to quickly get to the truth. Indeed, a lot of viewers of clips like the one in this thread's OP will hear the off-topic pablum and babbling and just not watch the whole thing.

Off Topic:
It's truly a good thing I'm not a woman because were I, I'd be outraged by most of what those two say in defense of Trump. Mrs. McEnany is not a stupid woman; I'm less certain about that re: Ms. Pierson, the former shoplifter.

Very smart, smart, sorta smart, or just average, it doesn't really matter. What matters, what is deplorable, about those two is that when it comes to Trump, each of them affect a stereotypical bimbo/"Mrs.-degree" soror's persona, whereupon they incessantly say things that are, at best, only marginally less inane than the dialogue on reality TV shows like the Bachelor(ette), which are shows I've seen only insofar as a promo clip here and there.

I mean really. Have you ever heard either of them offer anything having so much as just half the relevance, integrity/honesty, or perspicacity of Christiane Amanpour, Lucy Marcus, Amy Cosper, Megyn Kelly, Rosabeth Kanter, Rita McGrath, Alice Korngold, Chelsea Clinton, or Diana Farrell?

Heck, I'd 'bout have a coronary if they showed the gravitas of Roseanne Barr, or even the now mildly demented (medically speaking) Barbara Walters. (Okay, if you attended classes with Mrs. McEnany, you likely did hear her make intelligent remarks.)

------------------------

so when a mexican flies the mexican flag, in America, or burns the American flag and claims to be mexican...

it's ok

but if trump calls a mexican a mexican,

it's not ok

and you don't see the hypocrassy, b/c it's magically different.

Forum List

Back